2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Buttons recent top 5

1. Hughes
2. Cozens
3. Bronerg
4. Kakko
5. Podkolzin

Hockeyprosoects.com

1. Hughes
2. Turcotte
3. Newhook
4. Kakko
5. Byram
6. Cajkovic
7. Soderstrom
8. Krebs
9. Podkolzin
10. Kaliyev

Lastwordonhockey

1. Hughes
2. Newhook
3. Dach
4. Krebs
5. Kakko
6. Byram
7. Turcotte
8. Lavoie
9. Cozens
10. Suzuki
11. Murray
12. Robertson
13. Foote
14- Nussbaumer
15. Kaliyev

Mynhldraft mock draft

1. Detroit - Hughes
2. Colorado - Newhook
3. Arizona - Kakko
4. Buffalo - Krebs
5. Montreal - Turcotte
6. Carolina - Dach
7. Islanders - Byram
8. Vancouver - Cozens
9. Rangers - Lavoie
10. Colorado - Honka
11. New Jersey - Zegras
12. Florida - Robertson
13. Calgary - kaliyev
14. Anaheim - Suzuki
15. Chicago - Murray
16. Dallas - Foote
17. Buffalo - Caufield
18. Minnesota - York
19. Columbus - Boldy
20. L.A. -Soderstrom
21. Philly - Podkolzin
22. Edmonton - Bjornfot
23. Buffalo - Kokkonen
24. Boston - Warren
25. Pittsburgh - Hoglander
26. Vegas - Pouliot
27. Winnipeg - Nussbaumer
28. Nashville - Knyazev
29. Capitals - Vlasic
30. Maple leaves - Cajkovic
31. Tampa - Grewe
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

With the draft being in Vancouver it would be a nice change if management were proactive regarding adding draft picks. If Gaudette proves he is a middle 6 centre at some point during the season it would make moving Sutter for a 2nd or 3rd a lot easier. Ditto for Petterson showing some signs that he can play the middle. But if the kids can’t play the middle, you have to hang onto Birdbones.

Edler and Tanev are different animals. I think you may need to move on and keep one. Edler has the NTC and can veto a trade. Tanev can’t stay healthy. I’d like to see another 1st come back for one of these guys. Michael Del Zotto should bring back a 3rd at the deadline. Don’t see much else to move considering all the veteran players have inexplicably been signed to multi year deals.

As long as Elmer doesn’t piss the 1st or 2nd away for immediate gratification.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

After watching the Hlinka/Gretzky tourney I liked Canada’s - Josh Williams and America’s - Robertson for later round picks

Agreed Blob, Jimbro needs to load up picks for this draft
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:25 am Agreed Blob, Jimbro needs to load up picks for this draft
And needed to for every draft he oversaw before this, but better late than never.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

The only vet who might bring back a 1st would be Tanev I'd wager. That woul likely be a late 1st.

Of course there's always those inexplicable trades made by desperate gms (Erat for Forsberg) so anything is possible.

We should rename this thread:

All Aboard...the Tank Train!
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 10:25 am After watching the Hlinka/Gretzky tourney I liked Canada’s - Josh Williams and America’s - Robertson for later round picks

Agreed Blob, Jimbro needs to load up picks for this draft
Yep this is another deep draft. Would like an extra prospect like Tag Bertuzzi or Nolan Foote on top of out likely top 6 pick.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Buffalo has 3 1sts!!! wtf??
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

dangler wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:07 am Buffalo has 3 1sts!!! wtf??
Kane and OReilly trade, plus there own.

The Flames were the goats of the 2018 draft, looks like Sens will be the goats of the 2019 draft. There is a very strong possibility that there 1st that is owned by Colorado could end up being Jack Hughes. What a blow that would be?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I do worry about Jimbro’s wild unpredictability with his trading and general overall lack of ‘ain’t giving a Shit’ what anyone thinks of his moves, could see him ending up pulling a Lou Lamouriello and what he did in front of his Jersey fans at the draft - trading their 1st round pick for Corey Schneider. It doesn’t give me much reassurance when you have weirdo owners like the Silverspooned Aqualini boys breathing down the GMs neck into making “win now” moves
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And if things don’t go right for Buffalo this season they can move Jeff Skinner for another first at the deadline.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

There must be some astrological phenomena happening right now. The alignment of Dude and Blob. Is Dude in the House of Blob or is Blob in the House of Dude? Is one ascendant and the other descendent?

Whatever it is, we have seen historically it passes and chaos derision returns. About now they begin the role reversal.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:39 pm There must be some astrological phenomena happening right now. The alignment of Dude and Blob. Is Dude in the House of Blob or is Blob in the House of Dude? Is one ascendant and the other descendent?

Whatever it is, we have seen historically it passes and chaos derision returns. About now they begin the role reversal.
Yeah HW, weird to see Dude and Blob now switch socks and passing the Lysol back and forth. Also sad to see Paddy wear a Tuna and troll these boards.

But I have to say, it's been a rather nice summer since we had a break from the usual shite. So refreshing!

The anticipation of EP coming, another year of Brock and maybe a few surprises like Juolevi, Hockey_Gaud and Demko, seeing Hughes perform so well... it's definitely been a nice change from the doom and gloom. Yeah, we're still going to struggle this year, but... Star Wars Episode IV: A New Hope.

Some derailments, some decent discussions (even from Reef) :shock: ;)

I've actually enjoyed hanging out here the last little while.

Can't wait until the shit is everywhere again :roll:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Well, whatever it is, it's kinda new and exciting. Actual sensible hockey talk instead of shite.
Keep it up you new and improved duo.
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Hughes was a good pick but the Canucks didn’t fill their two biggest needs for prospect depth. They still need a top line left winger and a top pairing right shot defenseman. If they could trade next years 1st and other assets for Brady Tkachuk and Noah Dobson, they should.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

How would you feel if the Canucks trade their pick on draft day for young <22 player that fills a positional need and could be considered a top 6 forward or top 4 defender?

Or do we want to make the pick and have the crowd cheer?