2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 852
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by theman » Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm

Are Blob and dude getting along here? What the hell has happened?

As for drafting, BPA.

As for trading up to 4, or 3? Depending on price, I would do it. 10th and Hutton for #3?

Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3409
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Hank » Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm

I know, right?

Page 100 of this thread is an example of good hockey discussion. It makes you excited for the upcoming draft.

There's just been way too much nonsense around here for the last oh, say... 4 years?
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9224
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by rats19 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:06 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm
I know, right?

Page 100 of this thread is an example of good hockey discussion. It makes you excited for the upcoming draft.

There's just been way too much nonsense around here for the last oh, say... 4 years?
Nonsense is us :mex:
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 14771
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm

Broberg is an excellent skater and a big kid. Could be another Edler or Ohlund. If they are bound and determined to pick a D man maybe roll the dice with him as opposed to Soderstrom
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 pm

theman wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm
Are Blob and dude getting along here? What the hell has happened?

As for drafting, BPA.

As for trading up to 4, or 3? Depending on price, I would do it. 10th and Hutton for #3?
I really don’t think Hutton and the 10th gets us anywhere near the 3rd or 4th overall. Swap out Hutton for Demko and maybe
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm
Broberg is an excellent skater and a big kid. Could be another Edler or Ohlund. If they are bound and determined to pick a D man maybe roll the dice with him as opposed to Soderstrom
Broberg is inticing
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:56 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:28 pm
Broberg is an excellent skater and a big kid. Could be another Edler or Ohlund. If they are bound and determined to pick a D man maybe roll the dice with him as opposed to Soderstrom
Yeah I’m leaning that way as well. 6ft2 and skate like the wind and a great shot he can sneak through from the point. A future pp of Broberg, Hughes, brock, Elias, bo could be a great option.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:57 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:44 pm
theman wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 4:55 pm
Are Blob and dude getting along here? What the hell has happened?

As for drafting, BPA.

As for trading up to 4, or 3? Depending on price, I would do it. 10th and Hutton for #3?
I really don’t think Hutton and the 10th gets us anywhere near the 3rd or 4th overall. Swap out Hutton for Demko and maybe
What about demko and something for 3rd overall and seabrook ;)

Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3409
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Hank » Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm

I've been watching a lot of the highlights between Broberg and Soderstrom and I have to say, I like Soderstrom's overall game better. I think it's way ahead and more complete than Broberg's at this point.

While Broberg looks more dynamic, carrying the puck on the rush, his skating looks awkward like Bambi. He does have some great speed once he gets going though. I don't see a lot of footage of his defensive or transitional game. Will his game translate at the NHL level right away? I could be way wrong but he looks like a hit or miss type.

To me, Soderstrom looks better in all 3 zones. High IQ, really solid defensively, but his transition game is like, really really good. Breakout passes are clean and consistent, doesn't rush the puck as much as Byram or Broberg. Think Tanev but much better offensively. In the O zone, he looks like a PP QB the way he can walk the line and process the play. Plus, being right-handed, his cache is much higher.

We're going to get something good at #10 no matter what :thumbs:
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 7250
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun May 19, 2019 6:26 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm
I know, right?

Page 100 of this thread is an example of good hockey discussion. It makes you excited for the upcoming draft.

There's just been way too much nonsense around here for the last oh, say... 4 years?
Ya but gillis saw the dudes tiny pecker in the change room down at britannia in 1981.
nobody focks...with the jesus

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm
I know, right?

Page 100 of this thread is an example of good hockey discussion. It makes you excited for the upcoming draft.

There's just been way too much nonsense around here for the last oh, say... 4 years?
Ya but gillis saw the dudes tiny pecker in the change room down at britannia in 1981.
I heard Gillis was licking his lips looking at dudes tiny pecker

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 19, 2019 6:45 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm
I've been watching a lot of the highlights between Broberg and Soderstrom and I have to say, I like Soderstrom's overall game better. I think it's way ahead and more complete than Broberg's at this point.

While Broberg looks more dynamic, carrying the puck on the rush, his skating looks awkward like Bambi. He does have some great speed once he gets going though. I don't see a lot of footage of his defensive or transitional game. Will his game translate at the NHL level right away? I could be way wrong but he looks like a hit or miss type.

To me, Soderstrom looks better in all 3 zones. High IQ, really solid defensively, but his transition game is like, really really good. Breakout passes are clean and consistent, doesn't rush the puck as much as Byram or Broberg. Think Tanev but much better offensively. In the O zone, he looks like a PP QB the way he can walk the line and process the play. Plus, being right-handed, his cache is much higher.

We're going to get something good at #10 no matter what :thumbs:
Broberg’s main knock is his IQ and skating. He’s fast once he gets going but his edge work, lateral skating etc is nothing like Soderstroms. When it comes to IQ, Soderstrom wins by a fair margin.

It’s a real toss up but I’d rather have Soderstrom at this point
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 840
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sun May 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm
I've been watching a lot of the highlights between Broberg and Soderstrom and I have to say, I like Soderstrom's overall game better. I think it's way ahead and more complete than Broberg's at this point.

While Broberg looks more dynamic, carrying the puck on the rush, his skating looks awkward like Bambi. He does have some great speed once he gets going though. I don't see a lot of footage of his defensive or transitional game. Will his game translate at the NHL level right away? I could be way wrong but he looks like a hit or miss type.

To me, Soderstrom looks better in all 3 zones. High IQ, really solid defensively, but his transition game is like, really really good. Breakout passes are clean and consistent, doesn't rush the puck as much as Byram or Broberg. Think Tanev but much better offensively. In the O zone, he looks like a PP QB the way he can walk the line and process the play. Plus, being right-handed, his cache is much higher.

We're going to get something good at #10 no matter what :thumbs:
I’d be okay with soderstrom as well, especially with him playing in a tougher league. I just like brobergs size and skating combination.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 19, 2019 6:46 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:44 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:26 pm
Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 5:01 pm
I know, right?

Page 100 of this thread is an example of good hockey discussion. It makes you excited for the upcoming draft.

There's just been way too much nonsense around here for the last oh, say... 4 years?
Ya but gillis saw the dudes tiny pecker in the change room down at britannia in 1981.
I heard Gillis was licking his lips looking at dudes tiny pecker
wtf?

Reefer? Thoughts?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 14612
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by RoyalDude » Sun May 19, 2019 6:49 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:46 pm
Hank wrote:
Sun May 19, 2019 6:02 pm
I've been watching a lot of the highlights between Broberg and Soderstrom and I have to say, I like Soderstrom's overall game better. I think it's way ahead and more complete than Broberg's at this point.

While Broberg looks more dynamic, carrying the puck on the rush, his skating looks awkward like Bambi. He does have some great speed once he gets going though. I don't see a lot of footage of his defensive or transitional game. Will his game translate at the NHL level right away? I could be way wrong but he looks like a hit or miss type.

To me, Soderstrom looks better in all 3 zones. High IQ, really solid defensively, but his transition game is like, really really good. Breakout passes are clean and consistent, doesn't rush the puck as much as Byram or Broberg. Think Tanev but much better offensively. In the O zone, he looks like a PP QB the way he can walk the line and process the play. Plus, being right-handed, his cache is much higher.

We're going to get something good at #10 no matter what :thumbs:
I’d be okay with soderstrom as well, especially with him playing in a tougher league. I just like brobergs size and skating combination.
Soderstrom is pretty confident, like Pettersson confident. The SEL didn’t phase him at all as a 17 year old. He also plays a gritty game. When he matures he will be playing around 5’-11” 190 lbs. Hes not exactly small
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply