2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

What were you doing in Victoria?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:36 am What were you doing in Victoria?
Visiting relatives

The more I come over here the more I like it. Victoria is like Vancouver was 30 years ago but is enough metropolitan to make it interesting. Less traffic, less “culture” if you know what I mean, plus Im digging the mild winters the older I get, which is why I don’t like the wood burning stove winter interiors that old man winter, wooly socks Topper thrives for. We are most likely going to retire out here one day. Vancouver sucks unless you’re a rich bastard and can hide in your mansion in west van.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Never, ever live on an island.

Talk to folks who live on islands, they are fucking nuts. Fuck island mentalities.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Victoria was cool 20+ years ago but now its exactly the same bullshit as vancouver. Crowded roads everywhere, line ups and clusterfucks abound.

You gotta go where the leaches flourish to get away from the hordes. Dont you guys lose your fuckin marbles filtering through so much humanity?
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:32 pm Victoria was cool 20+ years ago but now its exactly the same bullshit as vancouver. Crowded roads everywhere, line ups and clusterfucks abound.

You gotta go where the leaches flourish to get away from the hordes. Dont you guys lose your fuckin marbles filtering through so much humanity?
Dude I live in Vancouver, Victoria is Lebowski chilled compared to the Vancouve rate race gong show

I can’t live in Topper Boonyland, I’d die of boredom
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I like Parksville and Qualicum Beach.

Blind Bay is nice too...., Peachland.....

I’m tired of Pocompton and the GVRD in general

I am done in 6-12 years hopefully closer to 6
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Our relatives here say Victoria or north of Nanaimo

Thrt live in a house walking distance to downtown Victoria and the houses in their neighbourhood are selling for $7 - $8 hundred thousand. It would be twice that in Van
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:13 pm I like Parksville and Qualicum Beach.

My old man sold his place in vic this past spring and moved to craig bay by Parksville. He said its night and day better than down south for clusterfucks
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 1:13 pm I like Parksville and Qualicum Beach.

Stay away from Qualicum - we have enough mainlanders, Albertans, and "Centre of the World"ers here already!!!!

Mind you, if you do come, don't forget to bring your cane, electric 4 wheel scooter, new luxury electric SUV, a 50+ year old convertible, and your 44 foot diesel pusher. Oh yeah, plus a cushion to sit on so that you can see over the dashboard. And just remember, you drove like that 68 years ago, so why change your habits now!
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:32 pm Victoria was cool 40+ years ago but now its exactly the same bullshit as vancouver. Crowded roads everywhere, line ups and clusterfucks abound.

Corrected
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

lostinarink wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 4:21 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 12:32 pm Victoria was cool 40+ years ago but now its exactly the same bullshit as vancouver. Crowded roads everywhere, line ups and clusterfucks abound.

Corrected
True that. Those were the days of cougars in beacon hill park.

It was growing but nowhere near the lower mainland until about 20 years ago or so...then it went to basically the same shit you see today
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

If you're migrating to die, there's worse places to do so. One day...
Topper wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 11:52 am Never, ever live on an island.

Talk to folks who live on islands, they are fucking nuts. Fuck island mentalities.
:lol: squeal boi.
lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 6:17 pm
If you're migrating to die, there's worse places to do so. One day...
If you are migrating to die, don't come to P/QB.

The bloody seniors (aka 85-95 year olds) are more active than your typical 50 year old!. I RV with a 93 year old who rides his bike at least 10k everyday (before I get out of bed no less), skates, swims, tennis, golf. Drives his motorhome to RV sites, and hauls out the guitar and amps (or maybe the according) and starts singing to all those top ten type songs from 1920ish to 1950ish (ok, so like, gag!)

Or a few 80+ that I know who spend about 1/4 of the year flying/driving/crusing around the world. One 85ish woman drives herself to Calf every winter.

Sorry - P/QB to die - doesn't happen. They come here to play.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Where are there the most pickleball courts?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Dec 02, 2018 9:34 am He’s not in that Eichel, Mathews, Malkin category but you can make an argument for the others whose category he seems to fall in but will he be a bum like Nolan Patrick who put up better numbers than Dach
Nolan's issues have been his injuries. If Dach can stay healthy he will be a great power forward, the player that came to mind for me was Mike Modano watching him play. He can flat out fly!

He's already bigger than Patrick, and he's filled out substantially in the past year from all accounts. He should play in the NHL likely bigger than Modano as well.

He could easily play wing as well, with someone who can get him the puck he could be a beast! I'd take him in the top 5 for sure.