2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: 2019 NHL ENTRY DRAFT - Vancouver

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 3:08 pm Nolan Foote could be a target for us in the middle of the first round
With the other first round pick acquired for Tanev or Edler

Our pick is top 10
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Listen Booze,,if you’re glass wasn’t always half empty you wouldn’t feel the need to booze your life away
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 9:07 am Thanks AP. Have you seen much of Nolan Foote?
Yup, picked up season tickets when we moved up here. He'll be a good power forward for sure, I predict he drops to late first maybe even early second round. Although his name may get him taken higher!

Like to see what he can do at the World Juniors. He's a solid skater for his size, will need to work on his first steps to make an impact at the NHL level but definitely has the size. Would love to see any one fo those 3 mentioned in a Canucks uni.

We have the Memorial Cup next year so the squad will be stocking up in Kelowna, they had a huge turnover from last season losing their top 5 scorers. They'll put up massive numbers next year as overagers!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks need to go all in on “skill” with the 2019 1st, we need more of it. Get your Nolan Footes in the UFA season or by trade or later in the draft, OR, draft a defenceman. Wasting a 1st round pick on a Lawson Crouse or a Nick Ritchie is idiotic in the new NHL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 9:46 am The Canucks need to go all in on “skill” with the 2019 1st, we need more of it. Get your Nolan Footes in the UFA season or by trade or later in the draft, OR, draft a defenceman. Wasting a 1st round pick on a Lawson Crouse or a Nick Ritchie is idiotic in the new NHL
Plenty of room for the Tkachuks of the world in the league. Except when the dad bullies your spandex clad hero Trevor I guess
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:23 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:18 am
RoyalDude wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:11 am Hey Booze you think the Canucks are still picking top 5/top 6 in 2019? Not seeing it, Booze. Elias won’t have any part of that. We are currently 2nd in the the entire NHL, lol!
Somewhere in the top 10. Canucks have played three or four more games than most teams. They are a Matt Nieto and Brandon Saad open net away from being 7-8. The goal differential is -3. They are 4-0 in OT/SO. They are 5-6 in games decided in regulation. Might want to pump the brakes a bit Tiger.

As I’ve said time and again. I like the speed, the effort and finally for the first time in more than ten years they are giving multiple young guys an opportunity.
Top 10, very unlikely, it’s looking more like - 12 to 18 range for me. Not even the ridiculous amounts of injuries is affecting this team, Greener has them dialed in, Pettersson is basically saying on the ice “you’re either with me or against me, let’s fucking win like I did in the SHL last season.”
:lol:
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks should focus their scouting on these players. Players who look to be going in the middle of the first round where we will be picking:

Kaliyev
Lavoie
Boldly
Suzuki
Vlasic
Zegras
Foote
Krebs
Robertson
York
Newhook
Turcotte
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

This team needs two more years of top 5 ish picks. Pick BPA and deal for or sign an impact d man if those guys turn out to be forwards. Dach and Lafreniere could make Boeser expandable
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:24 am This team needs two more years of top 5 ish picks. Pick BPA and deal for or sign an impact d man if those guys turn out to be forwards. Dach and Lafreniere could make Boeser expandable
Fast forward to the 2022 and 2023 drafts something tells me Bubbles will still be on the pro tank band wagon to draft the supposed next great Canadian hockey players - Matthew Savoie and Connor Bedard.

Move to Edmonton Blob or turn the page. Tanking year in/year out is no recipe for success
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It isn’t tanking when the team is lousy. As we’ve seen with a couple of injuries this group folds like a cheap tent.There is no organizational depth on the blueline- outside of Hughes and maybe Olaf who could be another year or two away. The vaunted depth on the wings is make believe. To me, this rebuild began in earnest in Feb 2017 when management finally yanked their heads out of their filthy anus’s and started tearing this eyesore down. So two more years at the bottom of the standings should about do it.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am So two more years at the bottom of the standings should about do it.
So this losing environment over the next two years is healthy? Something tells me this will have an affect on Horvat and Boesers psyche, like “get me the hell out of dodge” like Hall, Eberle, Schultz 2.0.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:50 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:36 am So two more years at the bottom of the standings should about do it.
So this losing environment over the next two years is healthy? Something tells me this will have an affect on Horvat and Boesers psyche, like “get me the hell out of dodge” like Hall, Eberle, Schultz 2.0.
If the team gets into the bottom 5 or 7 they are playing to their ability. I think certain parts of last year were healthy for the team jusst as the first chunk of this year was. They aren’t good enough. There isn’t enough blue chip high end talent on the team. You need horses to win - thoroughbreds. I see a couple in Horvat and Elias, a busted up one in Boeser and a lot of meh on the roster. Be patient.

Some people can’t handle a rebuild. It’s only been two years
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 11:55 am

Blob can’t handle a rebuild.
This what Doc has been telling you for awhile. You are finally being honest with yourself. A miracle has taken place.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

If the team gets into the bottom 5 or 7 they are playing to their ability. I think certain parts of last year were healthy for the team jusst as the first chunk of this year was. They aren’t good enough. There isn’t enough blue chip high end talent on the team. You need horses to win - thoroughbreds. I see a couple in Horvat and Elias, a busted up one in Boeser and a lot of meh on the roster. Be patient.

I will disagree here. We saw something special early this season. I think theres elite talent emerging on this roster.

I havent sat out of my seat for a canucks prosoect like these past 2 seasons since Pavels emergence 26 yrs ago. With Boesers coming out last winter and Pettersons coming out this year ... finally something exciting happening here.
If you need air...call it in
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm

I will disagree here. We saw something special early this season. I think theres elite talent emerging on this roster.

I havent sat out of my seat for a canucks prosoect like these past 2 seasons since Pavels emergence 26 yrs ago. With Boesers coming out last winter and Pettersons coming out this year ... finally something exciting happening here.
There’s nothing we can do UDL. Blob has the pro tank blues bigly time. He thinks that’s the only way to fly.