Trevor Linden is stepping down in VAN

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trevor Linden is stepping down in VAN

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I think we all knew Trevor was a figurehead/fingerpuppet. That isn’t news. I believe he got shoved out but I don’t think he’s that busted up about it. He has a ton of other interests and a baby at home. Starting a bit late Trev ?

I think this was only ever going to be a 4 or 5 year deal to insulate Frank and the new GM, Elmer. I don’t think there will be a prez until next season unless a great candidate becomes available. I think Frank will fire Elmer after next season if he doesn’t make the playoffs or crack 90+ points with kids leading the way, not Beagles.

First people threw cotton balls at Trevor. Now they will fire rocks at Elmer. Frank the coward he is will hide and fire Elmer when it gets too hot.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:59 pm I think we all knew Trevor was a figurehead/fingerpuppet. That isn’t news. I believe he got shoved out but I don’t think he’s that busted up about it. He has a ton of other interests and a baby at home. Starting a bit late Trev ?

I think this was only ever going to be a 4 or 5 year deal to insulate Frank and the new GM, Elmer. I don’t think there will be a prez until next season unless a great candidate becomes available. I think Frank will fire Elmer after next season if he doesn’t make the playoffs or crack 90+ points with kids leading the way, not Beagles.

First people threw cotton balls at Trevor. Now they will fire rocks at Elmer. Frank the coward he is will hide and fire Elmer when it gets too hot.
If Lombardi is on the wish list the Genius might wanted to get his resume updated... Watching the Canucks from a far in the backyard of the Maple Leaf given where both were good lord its night and day... YIKES
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

olpaddy wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:10 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:59 pm I think we all knew Trevor was a figurehead/fingerpuppet. That isn’t news. I believe he got shoved out but I don’t think he’s that busted up about it. He has a ton of other interests and a baby at home. Starting a bit late Trev ?

If Lombardi is on the wish list the Genius might wanted to get his resume updated... Watching the Canucks from a far in the backyard of the Maple Leaf given where both were good lord its night and day... YIKES
One group understood how to carry out a rebuild and the other one didn’t... watched too many Bob Villa shows. I get a charge out of the people that say Toronto is only better because they landed 2016 1st overall. So they’d have Tkachuk instead of Mathews. I doubt they’d have picked Olli.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

How many years :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

How many "notable" heads to do the job behind the bench and in the office. :?:
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

But wait! What will the youngster do :?:
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 pm

One group understood how to carry out a rebuild and the other one didn’t... watched too many Bob Villa shows. I get a charge out of the people that say Toronto is only better because they landed 2016 1st overall. So they’d have Tkachuk instead of Mathews. I doubt they’d have picked Olli.
At first I was who let this goddamned leaf fan on to the corner, then I scrolled up and saw it was the self flagellating, I hate myself for being a Canuck fan, the blobster ;) lol
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:17 pm

Lol carry out a rebuild? How long have they been irrelevant? 2009 they drafted kadri, didn’t make the playoffs til 2017? Horvat drafted 2013, we got 3 years to make the playoffs and be bounced out of the first round to be on par with the laughs. Difference is we were a top team prior to the horvat draft the laughs have sucked forever. I suggest you switch to cheering for the laughs if you can’t see the benningplan.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

These teams were in similar shithole spots as of 2014ish. leaves drafted better and more often regardless of draft position. They signed guys to one year deals and flogged them at the deadline. They don’t spend 4-6 million on third liners or third pairing d men.

One team gets it
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:28 pm But wait! What will the youngster do :?:
Push an old meathead off a roof?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:28 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:25 pm Lol carry out a rebuild? How long have they been irrelevant? 2009 they drafted kadri, didn’t make the playoffs til 2017? Horvat drafted 2013, we got 3 years to make the playoffs and be bounced out of the first round to be on par with the laughs. Difference is we were a top team prior to the horvat draft the laughs have sucked forever. I suggest you switch to cheering for the laughs if you can’t see the benningplan.
These teams were in similar shithole spots as of 2014ish.
Oh yeah let's randomly just count from 2014

ish.

:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ukcanuck wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:31 pm At first I was who let this goddamned leaf fan on to the corner, then I scrolled up and saw it was the self flagellating, I hate myself for being a Canuck fan, the blobster ;) lol
Yeah Blob is the new Hairy Kneel. :wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:35 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:51 pm Great guy, great captain, great hockey player for a few years, but a pretty crappy president...
You are extremely happy with how things have gone the past 4 years, yet the guy in charge of Hockey Ops gets zero credit for it?

mmmmmmmmk :roll:
I guess you missed that whole "figurehead" thing hmmmmmmm. :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:06 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:25 pm Lol carry out a rebuild? How long have they been irrelevant? 2009 they drafted kadri, didn’t make the playoffs til 2017? Horvat drafted 2013, we got 3 years to make the playoffs and be bounced out of the first round to be on par with the laughs. Difference is we were a top team prior to the horvat draft the laughs have sucked forever. I suggest you switch to cheering for the laughs if you can’t see the benningplan.

ish.

Are you better from 2013, 2015, 2016?

Pick a year
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:39 pm
Strangelove wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 5:06 pm

ish.

Are you better from 2013, 2015, 2016?

Pick a year
Since you bring those years up, and this is where all you full rebuild folks lose me, from the first first round bounce at the hands of the Kings it was clear that a rebuild was needed but the question was how??

Eye bags had at least 3/4 of the roster locked into no trade clauses. End of story. No way to trade anyone really worth draft picks or much of anything else.

Probably could have got a Kings ransom for the Sedins in 2013 but that was never going to happen.

The leaves on the other hand were not handcuffed and didn’t have any expectation to fill seats since the fuckers in Ontario line up for leaf tickets good bad or ugly.

It’s really an apples and oranges comparison