Trevor Linden is stepping down in VAN

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trevor Linden is stepping down in VAN

Post by SKYO »

Plus remember TL didn't like fighters and agitators, he seemed like the type that would tell the team to simmer down boys. lol
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:48 pm Plus remember TL didn't like fighters and agitators, he seemed like the type that would tell the team to simmer down boys. lol
Him getting Zamboni'd by Claude the turtle Lemieux was where i lost respect. He was making the same faces that daniel sedin was making while getting speedbagged by the rat
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

yeah fuck TL, he pussied out.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

August 17th, and we really don't know anything more.

I was thinking that if Linden did want to stay around the NHL, he could set up "another" company and become a player agent. :shock:
Actually, I'm not really joking. Might just be his calling.
"evolution"
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am
DHA wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 am Don't buy tickets....

Seriously don't buy tickets to the Beagle show...

#Pronger - Stop it really just stop it.

Don't buy tickets.

How many years are we going to wait... this organization has no credibility....they are throwing shit at the wall..then firing every couple of years...

Where is the stability!!! - Linden and Shanahan on same page - but TO fucked around for so many years until BS had the balls to tell them we need to go through pain to win...

This is not about Linden... It's all about ownership, this is their vision since they purchased the Canucks and we are living it.
You're overreacting. :wink:

It's stable... for a rebuild.

Four years of Jimmy building, building, building...

#buytickets
Sorry for the delayed response. I love what JB is doing fantastic prospect pool...stars coming, Hughes and EP.. The moves Aqualini has made with pushing management in an out over the past years is really questionable. It appears that he does not want to hire experienced people or give the reins to hockey people like Linden/Shanny, he is more comfortable with having complete control. The fact he has to keep firing people at some point will reflect on his ability to build a strong management team. He used Linden up as a Van City Prop for his business gain and even though the club was on the right track he fired him. The future will hold the truth and if Aqualini turns the team into a cup Contender I will respect him...so far the instability at the top points to his inability to find senior management that can execute ...whatever his vision is.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

DHA wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 2:26 pm
Strangelove wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am
DHA wrote: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:03 am Don't buy tickets....

Seriously don't buy tickets to the Beagle show...

#Pronger - Stop it really just stop it.

Don't buy tickets.

How many years are we going to wait... this organization has no credibility....they are throwing shit at the wall..then firing every couple of years...

Where is the stability!!! - Linden and Shanahan on same page - but TO fucked around for so many years until BS had the balls to tell them we need to go through pain to win...

This is not about Linden... It's all about ownership, this is their vision since they purchased the Canucks and we are living it.
You're overreacting. :wink:

It's stable... for a rebuild.

Four years of Jimmy building, building, building...

#buytickets
Sorry for the delayed response. I love what JB is doing fantastic prospect pool...stars coming, Hughes and EP.. The moves Aqualini has made with pushing management in an out over the past years is really questionable. It appears that he does not want to hire experienced people or give the reins to hockey people like Linden/Shanny, he is more comfortable with having complete control. The fact he has to keep firing people at some point will reflect on his ability to build a strong management team. He used Linden up as a Van City Prop for his business gain and even though the club was on the right track he fired him. The future will hold the truth and if Aqualini turns the team into a cup Contender I will respect him...so far the instability at the top points to his inability to find senior management that can execute ...whatever his vision is.
It was linden who had a change of heart, Aqua has been fine with linden and Benning’s plan, it’s when linden decided we needed another 5 years to rebuild that he got the boot. We know with Benning saying he doesn’t expect playoffs this year that the owners are on board with that, the year after though there should be improvement (I’d say a playoff berth). And who hear thinks a rebuild should take another 5 years, we got key positions drafted, now it’s time for the kids to show what they got.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Aug 17, 2018 4:28 pm It’s when linden decided we needed another 5 years to rebuild that he got the boot. We know with Benning saying he doesn’t expect playoffs this year that the owners are on board with that, the year after though there should be improvement (I’d say a playoff berth). And who hear thinks a rebuild should take another 5 years, we got key positions drafted, now it’s time for the kids to show what they got.
Not sure how anyone sees 5 more years of rebuilding with this team. Unless it's considered 5 years to be a true contender / top 10 team? Our front end looks good, but I suppose if our D doesn't progress much, maybe 5 years is what will take to rebuild the back end. I really don't want to us become "oilers 2.0" (are they still rebuilding?)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ever since Linden stepped down as President, this team has had none whatsoever.

Patrick Roy just said he's open to joining the NHL again, either as a coach or in management, Canucks could use some of his fiery ways, he's been in a lot of leadership roles in hockey after retiring.
Patrick Roy has hired an agent and is open to a return to the NHL as a head coach or front office executive.

Roy was approached by Glasberg -- whose PBI Sports & Entertainment represents more NHL coaches than any other agency -- and pitched the idea of exploring a return to the big leagues, Roy was enthused.

The two signed an agreement over the weekend in preparation for the inevitable coaching and executive changes that will take place following the conclusion of the 2020-21 regular season.

Several teams -- including the Arizona Coyotes, Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Hurricanes, Columbus Blue Jackets, Montreal Canadiens, Detroit Red Wings and Vancouver Canucks -- do not have a coach under contract for 2021-22.

“He could be a president of hockey ops. He could be a GM. He could be a co-GM. He could be a head coach,” Glasberg told Sportsnet Monday. “It's going to be situational. That's the truthful answer.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/nhl/article/pa ... -coach-gm/
Patty Roy has extensive great experience as the bench boss and as a Vice-Prez of Hockey Operations, GM.

"After retiring from the NHL, Roy joined the Quebec Remparts of the QMJHL as vice-president of hockey operations; he also became the owner and general manager, and on September 29, 2005, he was named head coach of the team. On May 28, 2006, the Remparts won the 2006 Memorial Cup, the top Canadian Hockey League (CHL) tournament.

Roy was the head coach and vice president of hockey ops with the Colorado Avalanche in 2013 and won the 2014 Jack Adams Award as a rookie bench boss. "

I think Patrick Roy would be a remarkable hire as the Vancouver Canucks President of Hockey Operations.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

He won’t come this far west.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He's a fucking lunatic.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:44 pm He's a fucking lunatic.
Like Scotty Bowman, gotta be a bit of wacko to win Lord Stanley.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

SKYO wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 2:06 pm
Topper wrote: Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:44 pm He's a fucking lunatic.
Like Scotty Bowman, gotta be a bit of wacko to win Lord Stanley.
Coach of the Av's - Looses his shit behind the Av's bench
https://www.sportsnet.ca/magazine/why-i ... -so-angry/

Coach/GM/Owner of the Ramparts - Threw his goaltender under the bus.
https://torontosun.com/2014/04/21/patri ... mer-goalie

Coach/GM/Owner of the Ramparts - sends his son to pummel the opposing goalie, son gets assault charge
https://bleacherreport.com/articles/145 ... s-the-line

A summary
http://www.duhaime.org/LawMag/LawArticl ... sited.aspx

Oh, and there was the domestic violence charges that ended his marriage.

Remember his exit from the Habs?

Roy for GM and Torts to coach
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^ Well done Tops, I couldn't agree more, a narcissistic lunatic, a cancer...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

all that and a winner at every level of hockey.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Has Patrick Roy been cancelled yet?
____
Try to focus on someday.