When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will the Canucks next make the playoffs?

2018-19
29%
2019-20
47%
2020-21
21%
2021-22
No votes
2022-23
No votes
after we're all dead and buried
3%

Total votes: 38

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 4:38 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:48 am Yes let’s focus on his one 50 point season where the whole team played poorly and assume that will be the norm. What was the three year average for points before the 52 point season? Or what was the three year average with the 92 point season included but the 52 point season removed? You seem to only focus on the guy’s one poor season in a decade.
I considered the 64 point/12 goal season at age 27 to be a poor season. Not surprisingly, the Kings also missed the playoffs that year.
UWSaint wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 9:32 am But the edge in my view goes to Kopitar because he is a GREAT defensive center.
Well, one thing in Henrik 's favor is that his offensive peak was higher than Kopitar's. In Kopitar's best-ever season, he was 5th amongst centers for scoring, whereas Hank ran away with the Ross in his peak year.

And Kopitar's defensive play is up-and-down as well. In his down year, he finished 15th for Selke voting, and won it last year. When his offence wasn't going, his defensive play wasn't good enough to drag the Kings to the playoffs.
Anze Kopitar is everything Jonathan Toews is reputed to be (but is not as good at). He makes $500,000 less. And while Toews is showing wear and tear while being only 30, Kopitar isn't slowing down and he plays a game (like Henrik -- great awareness and ability to absorb physical play) that keeps him healthy and is the game that should translate throughout the term of his contract. Its a good contract.

I'd say Kopitar was looking far worse than Toews in 16/17, slow and battered and old. I'd say its as likely that Toews throws down a career year next year as it is likely that Kopitar goes back to 60/70 points. One year can significantly change the perception of a player (no better example than 52-point Kopitar vs. 92-point Kopitar!)
Lol the Kings missed the playoffs with 95 points in 14/15. It was Kopitars fault they missed, now I’ve heard it all. Maybe they were fucking burnt out from playing a few 100 game seasons and ripping off a couple of cups. The guy is two years into an eight year deal and has 144 points in those two years- not too shabby. He’s 31 and has never been a speed demon . Calling him the worst contract in the league is asinine. I can think of some worse contracts on the Canucks alone.

And you nitpick the fact he ONLY finished 15th in the league in Selke voting in his worst ever season. Henrik has probably never gotten a single vote for a Selke. The Sedins were average to decent defensive players at best and the last five years they were horrendous defensively. Kopitar is a better player than Henrik and certainly a better performer when it matters.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Kopitar was and is a more consistent, well rounded top center but I would say Henriks peak was higher. For about 2 years he was magic.
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm The guy is two years into an eight year deal and has 144 points in those two years- not too shabby... Calling him the worst contract in the league is asinine.
The guy said "last summer" Kopi's contract was "looking like the worst contract in the league".

Kopi (with gobs more icetime) had just finished putting up less goals-per-game than your buddy Eriksson.

Kopi sitting there with $10M-per for 7 more seasons left on his contract

... Loui with $6M-per and 5 seasons left.

A year ago Kings fans were very worried about that Kopitar contract...

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm Henrik has probably never gotten a single vote for a Selke.
Wanna bet? :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 pm Kopitar was and is a more consistent, well rounded top center but I would say Henriks peak was higher. For about 2 years he was magic.
Blob hates his Vancouver Canucks... past, present, and future.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Doc, Henrik got 1/4 of Kopitars dozen goals in 2016-17 last year. If you want to bump your gums about goals it must mean he’s three times as good as Henrik.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:48 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:43 pm Kopitar was and is a more consistent, well rounded top center but I would say Henriks peak was higher. For about 2 years he was magic.
When we see Docs lost the plot. The attacks:

Blob hates the Canucks

Blob never watches games
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:57 pm

Blob hates the Canucks

Blob never watches games
You are in a love/hate relationship with your Vancouver Canucks, the sooner you face up to it... the better.

You said yourself you've only watched the first half of each of the last few seasons...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:47 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm The guy is two years into an eight year deal and has 144 points in those two years- not too shabby... Calling him the worst contract in the league is asinine.
The guy said "last summer" Kopi's contract was "looking like the worst contract in the league".

Kopi (with gobs more icetime) had just finished putting up less goals-per-game than your buddy Eriksson.

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 5:22 pm Henrik has probably never gotten a single vote for a Selke.
Doc, Henrik got 1/4 of Kopitars dozen goals in 2016-17 last year. If you want to bump your gums about goals it must mean he’s three times as good as Henrik.
OMGROFLMAO... talk about "losing the plot" ! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Blob hates the Canucks

Blob never watches games
You are in a love/hate relationship with your Vancouver Canucks, the sooner you face up to it... the better.

You said yourself you've only watched the first half of each of the last few seasons...
I said after 50+ games but again keep pulling facts out of your ass
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:28 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:56 pm

OMGROFLMAO... talk about "losing the plot" ! :lol:
You mouthed off about goals per game to prop up Loser Louie. If that’s how you judge players i will throw it right back to you.

You’re getting abused here...again, walk away on those chicken thighs and pet your boiler :lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:35 pm You mouthed off about goals per game to prop up Loser Louie.
Wrong, I pointed out what the guy actually said... vs... your strawman.

____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:31 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:27 pm

Blob hates the Canucks

Blob never watches games

I said after 50+ games but again keep pulling facts out of your ass
OH... so you watch 61% of the games! :hmmm:

I can totally see why you are offended I said you only watch 50%. :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:19 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:35 pm You mouthed off about goals per game to prop up Loser Louie.

Oooohh drawings even.

LOL you waded into a debate and got clobbered again. See your way out :lol: head first through the door bird legs

Your words: “Blob never watches the games”.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:29 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:19 pm

Oooohh drawings even.

LOL you waded into a debate and got clobbered again. See your way out :lol: head first through the door bird legs

Your words: “Blob never watches the games”.
How drunk are you? :wow:

You're confusing the two conversations my friend

... as the strawman you created whooshes over your head.
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Funny you bring that up! Hockey reference lists the nominations by season, Henrik was nominated in 7 seasons, highest finish was 24th.

Whatevs though, it's just my opinion. It Kopitar gets 50 points again next year, I'll think he's got one of the worst contracts. If he gets 90 points, it'll be a fine contract.