When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will the Canucks next make the playoffs?

2018-19
11
29%
2019-20
18
47%
2020-21
8
21%
2021-22
0
No votes
2022-23
0
No votes
after we're all dead and buried
1
3%
 
Total votes: 38

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13145
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:34 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:32 pm
Over/under on 67 points this year?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:24 pm
If you think (Benning) can stumble his way to a 65 point season again and retain his job you are dreaming.
Hmmmm
But you said I never predicted 78-84 points or playoffs in 20/21
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19284
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Strangelove » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:34 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:32 pm
Over/under on 67 points this year?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:24 pm
If you think (Benning) can stumble his way to a 65 point season again and retain his job you are dreaming.
Hmmmm
But you said I never predicted 78-84 points or playoffs in 20/21
You got me there Blob, you say all kinds of things so that later you can say "I said blah blah blah"... :P
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13145
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:38 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:36 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:34 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:32 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:32 pm
Over/under on 67 points this year?
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 12:24 pm
If you think (Benning) can stumble his way to a 65 point season again and retain his job you are dreaming.
Hmmmm
But you said I never predicted 78-84 points or playoffs in 20/21
You got me there Blob, you say all kinds of things so that later you can say "I said blah blah blah"... :P
Sure
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: When will the Canucks make the playoffs

Post by ESQ » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:59 am

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 1:34 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 12:46 pm
I am predicting a 10% chance of the Canucks making the playoffs in 2018/19
I'll take that bet. :mex:
Check out those stones.

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by ESQ » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:07 am

Cherry Picker wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 2:57 pm
Always the optimist.
Playoffs this year. Cup 20/21.
I think I like this one better.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 13411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am

Nothing Beats 1-2 years.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13145
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:58 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am
Nothing Beats 1-2 years.
We are in 0-1 yrs
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 13411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:58 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am
Nothing Beats 1-2 years.
We are in 0-1 yrs
And on target
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13145
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:58 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am
Nothing Beats 1-2 years.
We are in 0-1 yrs
And on target
Not quite.... there’s a chance but no guarantees
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 13411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:10 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:07 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:03 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:58 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 10:53 am
Nothing Beats 1-2 years.
We are in 0-1 yrs
And on target
Not quite.... there’s a chance but no guarantees
The team doesn’t look to be folding like a cheap tent anytime soon Bubbles. Not with dekey petey here
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 13145
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:16 am

No they are ahead of schedule.... so far. They are also 8-2-1 in their last 11 games and have been outplayed in half of those. Last night they could have been down 4-1 midway through the 2nd. In Edmonton they were outplayed the entire middle part of the game.

They aren’t going to sustain a .750 winning pctg the rest of the way. One injury to Tanev or Edler or any of the big 3 up front and this thing will fold like a cheap tent. I still think there are some ups and downs coming and 84 points would represent a solid improvement
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 6200
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:44 am

On the flip side they outplayed teams big time during the losing streak. If they had taken say 30% of those wins theyre challenging the lames for division right now
nobody focks...with the jesus

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1994
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by ESQ » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:48 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:16 am
No they are ahead of schedule.... so far. They are also 8-2-1 in their last 11 games and have been outplayed in half of those.
Fair enough, but if you watched the games in the losing streak, they were in almost all of those games right up to the 3rd period. Had they had a bit better luck, they could have easily gone .500.

These divisional games are going to be huge for the playoff push.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 19284
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Strangelove » Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:53 am

Yup, listen to them Blob, that shit all evens out in the end...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 13411
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Elias is taking us to the promise land!!!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply