When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will the Canucks next make the playoffs?

2018-19
29%
2019-20
47%
2020-21
21%
2021-22
No votes
2022-23
No votes
after we're all dead and buried
3%

Total votes: 38

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Cherry Picker »

Can’t say I agree. I think the drop off on defense from Tanev and Edler is significant. If they can stay healthy and play at the top of their games, the Canucks have a much more competitive team. Also, any team with Gagner, Goldobin and Leipsic up front can’t be seen as defensively responsible.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol Tanev and Edler are legit 2/3 guys. Gudbranson and Stecher can barely keep there head above water for 15 min against bottom 6 competition.

Lmao at the Gaunce hate. The guy is a 4th liner making peanuts yet he’s the issue.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 am Lol Tanev and Edler are legit 2/3 guys. Gudbranson and Stecher can barely keep there head above water for 15 min against bottom 6 competition.

Lmao at the Gaunce hate. The guy is a 4th liner making peanuts yet he’s the issue.
Gaunce isn’t the issue, he’s actually a good depth piece. I see him and Granlund as callup depth. If gaunce could just find that extra gear and play with a little more snarl (not talking hits more just being an asshole trying to intimidate), he could carve out a nice nhl career.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 am Lol Tanev and Edler are legit 2/3 guys. Gudbranson and Stecher can barely keep there head above water for 15 min against bottom 6 competition.

Never said Gaunce was the issue, and hate is too strong a word. More like he is the measuring bar. If he is the 12th best the Canucks can put in the lineup, we don't have enough depth and are a bottom 3 lottery team. If we have Better players to call up than the likes of Megma, Chaput and Gaunce, we do better in the standings. It's kinda that simple.

I was meaning it in a positive kind of way, thatnoir depth is finally good enough we can bury those kinds of guys.

And if your looking at the analytics, Gudbrandson and Stetcher are legit 3-4 guys.

If your 3-4 guys are playing 2-3 guys slots on the lineup, it's no time that big of a deal for a short stint... like 10 games or whatnot. With no legit #1 defense stud, and us ONLY having 2-3 guys, it's not that it a drop off in the big picture, talent wise.
That's what I am saying.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

If the teams forwards 3 through 9 were better this team wouldn’t be the shitshow it is. Gaunce is fine as a 12/13 forward. There are finally some KIDS to call up. The bottom of the roster up front isn’t the problem.

Gudbranson has among the WORST advanced stats in the NHL for a few years running , not sure if you want to use that to prop up your argument. I don’t really follow that shit much but that’s been pretty much common knowledge. Stecher looked passable on a 2nd pairing with Edler holding his hand. He is absolutely not a legit top 4 guy.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am If the teams forwards 3 through 9 were better this team wouldn’t be the shitshow it is. Gaunce is fine as a 12/13 forward. There are finally some KIDS to call up. The bottom of the roster up front isn’t the problem.

Gudbranson has among the WORST advanced stats in the NHL for a few years running , not sure if you want to use that to prop up your argument. I don’t really follow that shit much but that’s been pretty much common knowledge. Stecher looked passable on a 2nd pairing with Edler holding his hand. He is absolutely not a legit top 4 guy.
Blob, you know who looked really good paired with edler? Gudbranson, those two were dynamite together, edler was crushing guys and guddy was shutting things down.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:14 am If the teams forwards 3 through 9 were better this team wouldn’t be the shitshow it is. Gaunce is fine as a 12/13 forward. There are finally some KIDS to call up. The bottom of the roster up front isn’t the problem.
Gaunce is not fine as a 12/13 forward. Gaunce's stick is where "offense goes to die). I am pretty happy we bought a new 4th line this summer, as our 4th line last year was a gong show, with Gaunce and Dowd along with other fill-ins like Archibald, Boucher and Motte.

But, I do agree that we need our 3-9 forwards to step up. And, with luck, they either step up, or get traded so our young guns in Utica can step up.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:19 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 am Lmao at the Gaunce hate. The guy is a 4th liner making peanuts yet he’s the issue.
Gaunce isn’t the issue, he’s actually a good depth piece. I see him and Granlund as callup depth. If gaunce could just find that extra gear and play with a little more snarl (not talking hits more just being an asshole trying to intimidate), he could carve out a nice nhl career.
I agree with you two about Gaunce.

He's pretty good defensively/on the PK/in the dot.

I think he plays above his pay grade.

Like you say Dick, he needs to improve... he's 24 so it's possible.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:26 am

Blob, you know who looked really good paired with edler? Gudbranson, those two were dynamite together, edler was crushing guys and guddy was shutting things down.
Blob is on record as not watching that stretch last season.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:13 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:26 am

Blob is on record as not watching that stretch last season.
I know I’m teasing him. I like it when he gets worked up
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:20 pm I know I’m teasing him. I like it when he gets worked up
I'm gunna hafta give that a go one of these days. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I’m enraged :evil:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

You are enraged.
"evolution"
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:12 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 6:31 am Lmao at the Gaunce hate. The guy is a 4th liner making peanuts yet he’s the issue.

Seriously?

Gaunce isn't the cause of the team being bad, but he is definitely a symptom of a bad team, with poor depth, and and a weak prospect pool.

There aren't many franchises that would have been inclined to keep Gaunce signed for this long with no sign of any improvement or chance of being an NHLer. He is probably one of the 10-worst forwards to play more than 30 games in the NHL last season. He's slow, soft, doesn't score, is often injured, and isn't good at faceoffs.

Yeaho, I'll take Beagle at $3 mil to play #4C. Gaunce is welcome to become a leader on the Comets, but he does not have a place in the NHL. And if the team is out of it by January, call him up to get the games necessary for exposing him in the expansion draft I guess.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

ESQ wrote: Wed Aug 29, 2018 9:07 am
Strangelove wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:12 pm

Seriously?

Gaunce isn't the cause of the team being bad, but he is definitely a symptom of a bad team, with poor depth, and and a weak prospect pool.

There aren't many franchises that would have been inclined to keep Gaunce signed for this long with no sign of any improvement or chance of being an NHLer. He is probably one of the 10-worst forwards to play more than 30 games in the NHL last season. He's slow, soft, doesn't score, is often injured, and isn't good at faceoffs.

Yeaho, I'll take Beagle at $3 mil to play #4C. Gaunce is welcome to become a leader on the Comets, but he does not have a place in the NHL. And if the team is out of it by January, call him up to get the games necessary for exposing him in the expansion draft I guess.
Well, needless to say, it's going to be better this year. ;)
To be honest, (brutally), from what I saw, Gaunce was only a miniscule degradation from Sam Gagne.
"evolution"