When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

When will the Canucks next make the playoffs?

2018-19
11
29%
2019-20
18
47%
2020-21
8
21%
2021-22
0
No votes
2022-23
0
No votes
after we're all dead and buried
1
3%
 
Total votes: 38

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15929
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:53 am
Yup, listen to them Blob, that shit all evens out in the end...
Absolutely it does. Against the Jets they deserved to win. And during the losing skid they could have won three or four of those games. They are certainly a more entertaining team to watch than they have been in many years. Young guys are carrying the mail which is what we all want. It’s hard to be disappointed if they don’t get a high pick and young players are improving and they are jacked to be in a playoff race. Lots of hockey yet to be played but at least they are must watch tv which they haven’t been for the last five years.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15579
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:53 am
Yup, listen to them Blob, that shit all evens out in the end...
Absolutely it does. Against the Jets they deserved to win. And during the losing skid they could have won three or four of those games. They are certainly a more entertaining team to watch than they have been in many years. Young guys are carrying the mail which is what we all want. It’s hard to be disappointed if they don’t get a high pick and young players are improving and they are jacked to be in a playoff race. Lots of hockey yet to be played but at least they are must watch tv which they haven’t been for the last five years.
I’m with ya Blob, the team still needs to keep the foot on the “rebuild” pedal, building up the prospect pool. Hard to know right now where we are drafting in 2019 but would love to see Benning add more picks, don’t see the need to be picking in the top 5, I have faith in this staff of finding good picks outside the top 10. We have a good strong core and our generational player in Pettersson, just need to keep adding to it, but another generational talent? No need, I think Petey, Brock, Quinn, Bo, Jake etc is a great core to build around
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15929
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:15 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:08 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 12:00 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:53 am
Yup, listen to them Blob, that shit all evens out in the end...
Absolutely it does. Against the Jets they deserved to win. And during the losing skid they could have won three or four of those games. They are certainly a more entertaining team to watch than they have been in many years. Young guys are carrying the mail which is what we all want. It’s hard to be disappointed if they don’t get a high pick and young players are improving and they are jacked to be in a playoff race. Lots of hockey yet to be played but at least they are must watch tv which they haven’t been for the last five years.
I’m with ya Blob, the team still needs to keep the foot on the “rebuild” pedal, building up the prospect pool. Hard to know right now where we are drafting in 2019 but would love to see Benning add more picks, don’t see the need to be picking in the top 5, I have faith in this staff of finding good picks outside the top 10. We have a good strong core and our generational player in Pettersson, just need to keep adding to it, but another generational talent? No need, I think Petey, Brock, Quinn, Bo, Jake etc is a great core to build around
Play the games and see how they end up. There’s no substitute for speed, talent and tenacity and they seem to have a good chunk of all three right now. Still would like to see a bit more pace on the back end and up front but gradually they are becoming a quicker team. It can easily go off the rails but for now it’s enjoyable to watch. Kudos to Green who seems to be pushing a lot of the right buttons. Not sure how many more games I want to watch Gudbranson and Pouliott play together though :twisted:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Hank » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 pm

Doc, Dude and Blob with rational and reasonable discussion... all sounding sober.

What is going on here?
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15579
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 pm


What is going on here?
Day 1 of the post Christmas 12 step program. Making amends.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15929
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:13 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:05 pm
Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 pm


What is going on here?
Day 1 of the post Christmas 12 step program. Making amends.
:lol:
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 9359
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by rats19 » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:14 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 pm
Doc, Dude and Blob with rational and reasonable discussion... all sounding sober.

What is going on here?
Cherish the memories hank :wink:
Getting old is not for the young...

User avatar
Chef Boi RD
CC Legend
Posts: 15579
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Chef Boi RD » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:53 pm

My liver is a mess thanks to Blobs on-line alcoholism influencing.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Hank
CC Legend
Posts: 3843
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Hank » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 pm

I support your sober living, boys.

I think UDL might need an intervention though.
Try to focus on THIS year...

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8575
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:58 pm

There has to be some serious credit given to Green and the assts. They have everyone buying in and givin'er.

I havent heard opposition coaches bitching about this kind of shit in years. Thinking they've found the golden ticket somewhere between the X's and the O's
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8575
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 pm
I support your sober living, boys.

I think UDL might need an intervention though.
Way ahead of you. Metamucil tequila sunrises are the way to get shit faced while you get your shit straight
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend
Posts: 15929
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:19 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm
Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 pm
I support your sober living, boys.

I think UDL might need an intervention though.
Way ahead of you. Metamucil tequila sunrises are the way to get shit faced while you get your shit straight
I’m shitting through the eye of a needle today. Copious amounts of Indian food and craft beers
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 21930
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Strangelove » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:42 pm

Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:03 pm
Doc, Dude and Blob with rational and reasonable discussion... all sounding sober.

What is going on here?
Christmas spirit? :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
The Brown Wizard
CC Legend
Posts: 8575
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by The Brown Wizard » Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:53 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:19 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:00 pm
Hank wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:56 pm
I support your sober living, boys.

I think UDL might need an intervention though.
Way ahead of you. Metamucil tequila sunrises are the way to get shit faced while you get your shit straight
I’m shitting through the eye of a needle today. Copious amounts of Indian food and craft beers
Lol ya that'll do it. You need to put the shit tickets in the fridge. Cool the burn
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

User avatar
Rumsfeld
CC Legend
Posts: 4182
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:48 pm
Location: Raqqa

Re: When will the Canucks Next make the playoffs

Post by Rumsfeld » Mon Dec 31, 2018 10:53 pm

The Canucks will make the playoffs the same year that GM and Arachnid accept medication to curb their collective descents into madness. Guys, I am honestly concerned for both of you, it looks dark. There's light at the end of the tunnel.
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society

Post Reply