What to do with Hughes

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

If you were calling the shots on where Hughes starts this season

Poll ended at Tue Jul 17, 2018 7:35 pm

Make room for Hughes on the roster
21
72%
Let him start on the farm and bring him up after some seasoning
3
10%
Send him back for another year in college
5
17%
 
Total votes: 29

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9248
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by SKYO » Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:47 pm

I'd say the perfect partner for Hughes next year would be a big fella who has skills and who could be available 2019 UFA? A one Tyler Myers - sign him 6 years, re-sign Edler for 2-3 years while Juolevi strengthens his game.

Your 2019/2020 Canucks D-core:

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Myers
Juolevi - Gudbranson


Trade Tanev to Toronto for picks/prospect.

Hutton ups his trade value this season, move him while he still has upside he shown as rookie with Willie D.

Chatfield/Brisebois start to get some pro experience this season.
Woo the darkhorse next year.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2719
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Madcombinepilot » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:12 pm

SKYO wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:47 pm
I'd say the perfect partner for Hughes next year would be a big fella who has skills and who could be available 2019 UFA? A one Tyler Myers - sign him 6 years, re-sign Edler for 2-3 years while Juolevi strengthens his game.

Your 2019/2020 Canucks D-core:

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Myers
Juolevi - Gudbranson


Trade Tanev to Toronto for picks/prospect.

Hutton ups his trade value this season, move him while he still has upside he shown as rookie with Willie D.

Chatfield/Brisebois start to get some pro experience this season.
Woo the darkhorse next year.
why sign Myers when Groot (Tryamkin) is coming back?? :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9248
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by SKYO » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:12 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 12:47 pm
I'd say the perfect partner for Hughes next year would be a big fella who has skills and who could be available 2019 UFA? A one Tyler Myers - sign him 6 years, re-sign Edler for 2-3 years while Juolevi strengthens his game.

Your 2019/2020 Canucks D-core:

Edler - Stecher
Hughes - Myers
Juolevi - Gudbranson


Trade Tanev to Toronto for picks/prospect.

Hutton ups his trade value this season, move him while he still has upside he shown as rookie with Willie D.

Chatfield/Brisebois start to get some pro experience this season.
Woo the darkhorse next year.
why sign Myers when Groot (Tryamkin) is coming back?? :D
If only Tryamkin was a right shot dman!

I'm liking our Left D long term if NT returns,
Hughes
Tryamkin
Juolevi.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Strangelove » Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:00 pm

SKYO wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 pm
If only Tryamkin was a right shot dman!
Tree prefers the right side and that's where he'll end up in my opinion.

I think he comes back one year from now...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11493
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by RoyalDude » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:26 pm

Tryamkin will return, you know he'll return - Jim Robson
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Hockey Widow » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:31 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:00 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 pm
If only Tryamkin was a right shot dman!
Tree prefers the right side and that's where he'll end up in my opinion.

I think he comes back one year from now...
Yes he prefers the right but Green has stated many times he prefers correct handness when drawing up his pairs.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10716
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:26 pm
Tryamkin will return, you know he'll return - Jim Robson
I’d love for him to return but I wonder why he hopped the first bird out of town after the season ended like he was shot out of a gun. He and his wife don’t speak a lick of English. If he comes back at all it will be after his contract is done imho. I heard a while back on an IMac interview on the radio that the team may not be so eager to welcome him back
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Strangelove » Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:49 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:31 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:00 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 pm
If only Tryamkin was a right shot dman!
Tree prefers the right side and that's where he'll end up in my opinion.

I think he comes back one year from now...
Yes he prefers the right but Green has stated many times he prefers correct handness when drawing up his pairs.
I know but I figure Green will end up making an exception in this case.

If Groot is more comfortable on the right side, he's probably a better player on the right side.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Richardstroker69 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:31 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:49 pm
Hockey Widow wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:31 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:00 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:55 pm
If only Tryamkin was a right shot dman!
Tree prefers the right side and that's where he'll end up in my opinion.

I think he comes back one year from now...
Yes he prefers the right but Green has stated many times he prefers correct handness when drawing up his pairs.
I know but I figure Green will end up making an exception in this case.

If Groot is more comfortable on the right side, he's probably a better player on the right side.
I think handedness position wise isn’t as important when you’re 6’8 260 lbs strongest guy in the league.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4366
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by micky107 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 11:48 pm

Hope to see him in a Canuck uniform again but I am thinking 50/50 at best.
What is even more disconcerting is that there just has to be a connection/friendship with Goldobin. Unfortunate.
Goldobin will have to absolutely shit fireballs at camp to acquire a starting roster spot, not to mention, keep it.
Tree will do what all tall trees do. Stand from afar and watch.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9248
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by SKYO » Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:19 am

I think Tryamkin would serve better if he was paired with a Russian dman, why I might be an advocate for trading Tanev for Zeitsev, with picks evening it out.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 346
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Richardstroker69 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:55 am

SKYO wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:19 am
I think Tryamkin would serve better if he was paired with a Russian dman, why I might be an advocate for trading Tanev for Zeitsev, with picks evening it out.
Zaitsev’s contract sucks if his play stays the same as last years. However playing with tyramkin could maybe free him up a bit.

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 12954
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Hockey Widow » Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:35 pm

Trymankin and Stetcher made a good pairing. Just saying.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17110
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Strangelove » Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:26 pm

SKYO wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 12:19 am
I think Tryamkin would serve better if he was paired with a Russian dman, why I might be an advocate for trading Tanev for Zeitsev, with picks evening it out.
OMG ROFLMAO Zaitsev is horrible!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2204
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: What to do with Hughes

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Sun Sep 02, 2018 12:22 am

Hockey Widow wrote:
Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:35 pm
Trymankin and Stetcher made a good pairing. Just saying.
I actually thought about a Hughes-Tryamkin pairing. *hehe*

Post Reply