the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

The primary goal of this site is to provide mature, meaningful discussion about the Vancouver Canucks. However, we all need a break some time so this forum is basically for anything off-topic, off the wall, or to just get something off your chest! This forum is named after poster Creeper, who passed away in July of 2011 and was a long time member of the Canucks message board community.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: the paranoia of the canuck fanbase

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:18 pm

Topper wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:53 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 12:34 pm
Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jul 10, 2018 8:47 pm
Wow - where does one even start with you? You must be really fun at parties.
Actually I am lots of fun at parties. Image
Birdie Num Num
ImageImage
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:30 pm
If he’s so gold in rounds 1and 2, imagine if he had the opportunity to have three more 2nd round selections. Instead he inexplicably puked away three seconds into deals for Birdbones, Real Dud and Linda Vey
He’ll get them blob, just wait.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:40 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
If he’s so gold in rounds 1and 2, imagine if he had the opportunity to have three more 2nd round selections. Instead he inexplicably puked away three seconds into deals for Birdbones, Real Dud and Linda Vey
For the one-billionth-and-fourth time, no pick was given up in the Sutter trade; GMJB still got his man: Lockwood.

Vey's psyche was destroyed by his murderous father... who knew that was going to happen.

The Gudbranson trade was a great one for your Vancouver Canucks...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:22 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
He’ll get them blob, just wait.
He will? For who? I don’t see anything on the roster that he’d move that will return a 2nd or multiple 2nds. Edler and Tanev are worth 1st rounders but if you deal them and don’t somehow try to replace them with decent players, this team will struggle to get 50 points

I’m not a fan of Elmer targeting these culture carriers. That said if he has to target these guys who were overpaid when they were acquired; he should be getting the 2nd coming back this way. Not the other way around, where he ships out the picks. Benning helped Pittsburgh and Florida out of a couple of salary cap jams. He should have been compensated accordingly.

Players like Sutter, Vey and Gudbranson are available every July 1 for cash only.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Are you now saying Jim hasn't... "been gold in the first and second round for acquiring nhl talent"...?
Gold, Nucklehead, GOLD!!!
I think Benning has drafted some gold, some copper, and some pewter with those picks. But with a handle like Dink Rubber, it’s no surprise his assessments are premature.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:12 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 3:43 pm
Players like Sutter, Vey and Gudbranson are available every July 1 for cash only.
No, 22-year-olds who score 1.12 points per game in the AHL like Vey

... and 24-year-olds who are proven NHL #4 physical beasts like Guds

... are not available for cash-only on July 1.

And Sutter was traded for a player who was one year older than him.

Why are you still talking about Sutter btw?

For the one-billion-and-fifth time no pick was "pissed away" in the Sutter/Bonino trade...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:13 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 pm
Dink Rubber
Diehard do you see what he just called you?? :shock:

Go nuts buddy!!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 5:58 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 4:05 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 1:22 pm

Are you now saying Jim hasn't... "been gold in the first and second round for acquiring nhl talent"...?
Gold, Nucklehead, GOLD!!!
I think Benning has drafted some gold, some copper, and some pewter with those picks. But with a handle like Dink Rubber, it’s no surprise his assessments are premature.
You wish your handle was richardstroker, that’s some funny shit, not all of us need to have boing ass usernames like Island Nucklehead, also as far as the snarky comments on my intelligence my 10 years of post secondary and medical specialty would say otherwise, I’ve forgotten more than you’ll probably ever know.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:55 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:53 pm
Diehard1 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:02 pm
- Sigh - regarding the draft picks, I don't know how many damn times I have to say how much I've liked what Benning has done there in the past few years. It's painful to keep explaining this to you, but here goes - yes I like the draft picks assembled, yes I think it's the best pool in Canucks history so far (just ahead of 1999 when we had the Sedins, Bryan Allen, Ruutu, etc.), yes I'm excited to see where it goes. No, I don't think Benning has done a good job getting extra picks and no, I don't think he's made good trades to put the rebuild as far along as he could have and no, I don't think he's done a good job signing free agents. It gets lost somehow that we've had to endure 3 horrible seasons in a row to get those picks, everyone gives Benning credit for the picks without pointing out that he's given us 3 straight terrible teams to get them. Get it? Not that difficult to follow so hopefully you won't ask me about it yet another time in a few weeks
I think this paragraph eloquently sums up how many Canucks fans feel about the current management group.

It's sad that this line of thinking will get you tagged as a Benning hater.
The majority think this way - they really like some parts of what Jimbo has done, they somewhat like other parts and they dislike some. That’s normal with any GM, whether you are the worst in the league or the best.

The Trumpists, on the other hand, love everything he has done. He could trade for a player named Dotard that doesn’t exist and they would defend him. No matter how ignorant you are you can’t say the Eriksson signing was good, and you can’t say the Gudbranson trade was either. Guddy has missed a full season in the 2 he has been here while collecting $7 million US, and when he did play he was below average at best. You don’t give up a recent 1st, 2nd and 4th for Guddy and a 5th to have him miss a 82 games in 2 years and play badly when he was in he lineup, yet the Trumpists will defend it to the end.

You can’t defend the Vey trade - the Trumpists do. The Forsling trade - defended. It’s like watching Muhammad al-Sahhaf during the Last occupation of Iraq.

I’m all for defensible, good hockey debate and disagreement, but not when it’s insane. The Trumpists are now officially insane.

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm

DH, let it go, he argues for the sake of arguing. Then his socks jump on to support him, this way he makes it sound like he is right. Pretty diabolical of him I must say.

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:04 pm

nuckster wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 7:26 pm
(Sigh). Crappy time of year for the hockey (Canuck) enthusiast. Pissing contests aren't particularly entertaining either. Heading back east on the 16th to visit my sister in north bay, ont. for a couple of weeks. Gawd help me when it comes to swilling the ipa and conversing with the maple leaf fanatics out there. Can just imagine how many times im going to hear about the tandem of mathews-tavares...gawd. im thinking of designing some ear muffs/plugs to put on for dramatic effect and call them the 'leaf-noise-deflectors'. In any case, lets not take this all too seriously (said the burning pot to the kettle), or the guy in the canucks t-shirt to the leaf fanatics. Cheers.
I was born there, went back a few years ago to see my uncle whose health was deteriorating.

Was your sister born there.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:16 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:02 pm
DH, let it go, he argues for the sake of arguing. Then his socks jump on to support him, this way he makes it sound like he is right. Pretty diabolical of him I must say.
All good, as I said I’m done with that argument. Once he posted a link that led to another page with 29 (!) separate links on it to outline his position I was done. Can’t even begin to respond to that.

The post to IN was not aimed at one poster in particular, just some general thoughts on the state of Canuck fans. I’ve been a fan for almost 40 years and it’s never been as odd as it is now, and this is coming from a guy who used to post at SLAM! back in the 90’s where it got really weird.

Would love to talk hockey, thoughts on management, lines, draft picks, trades, etc - just not interested in going around in circles.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Loser and quitter talk blobs gonna be disappointed

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:28 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:47 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Loser and quitter talk blobs gonna be disappointed
And the sock shows up.

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:48 pm

rats19 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 6:24 am
It’s “hunky “ not “honky”
I say potato, u say potatoe. I say tomato, u say tomatoe. Thnx though Ratz. :lol:
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:01 pm
Actually I'm a hunky honky. :D
U the Honky Tonk Man. :P