If you could move just one

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: If you could move just one

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 8:00 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:57 pm Can the answer be someone on Canucks Corner?
Strange???

HW I didn’t know you had that in you :D
Lol it’s probably me.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

SKYO wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 12:45 pm I like Gagner, but I feel Hobey Baker award winner Adam Gaudette deserves a shot at turning full-time pro at center, he has more intangibles to his game as a 200ft player and untapped scoring potential, even the Sedins commented on how good he is as an all round player.

A good read:
http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... ins-future
March 29, 2018
GAUDETTE GETS FEET WET

Green didn’t want Adam Gaudette to just stick a toe in the competitive waters Thursday. He made a splash by not making a mistake, making the most of 10:39 of fourth-line time and making the right impression.

After signing his three-year, entry-level deal Monday and burning the first year Thursday, he proved he can process the game at this level and make the smart play.

He did some good things,” said Green. “It’s a big step for him, but I liked what I saw. He looked like he had confidence and worked to get places.

Gaudette made an early, smart zone exit pass off the wall, sped through the neutral zone and zipped a wrist shot over the net and off the glass.

“In the defensive zone you’ve got to be quicker,” he said. “I realized that right away and as the game went on, I got better. The first shift in the D-zone, I was a little starstruck at how quick you needed to be on a guy, but I picked it up.”

More important, he knew he wasn’t going to play in the third period of a tight game — just four shifts — and that’s giving him an early leg up on getting it at this level.

“I didn’t expect to be out there,” he said. “There are guys who lead this team and I’m not in that position yet; it’s good for me to watch and learn from them.”
I feel it's important to have a blend of vets and at least one rookie at center if this team is to successfully transition in the youth.

Horvat
Sutter
Gaudette
Beags

Pettersson likely starts at wing, where he was for the most part in Vaxjo, but he will slowly transition to center over the next coupla years, it's important that he does that sooner rather than later to master that position, so he doesn't get stuck on wing like Sam Reinhart.

And I like Eriksson' game, he's also a 200ft player, can play on all special teams and he's kind of a big fella at 6'2 almost 200lbs with a long reach to score around the net, if it wasn't for his contract he would get more love imo.
All he needs is for powerplay coach Newell Brown to show him some love, because under Claude Julien and Willie Desjardins they gave Eriksson powerplay minutes and Loui shined.
Geez Skyo, can you quit being so damned positive all the time! ;) Jut pick someone you want to see canned!

It's a toss-up between Gagner and Eriksson to me. Can I pick two?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ok horse, gun to my head - adios Sam Gagner!

Teams missing out on a top 9 center could use his services, and thanks to the signing of Beagle plus having Horvat, Sutter and the need to transition in a capable youthful center enables the team to move Sam at this time.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

This year ya Gagne. He failed in his one job.

Next year, depending upon his production this season, Ericksson.

The year after one of Beagle, Roussel or Sutter.

After that, whoever we sign next year as a FA.
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

LE - ain't worth the cap hit.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

L.E.

No question.

I am perhaps naively still hoping that Gagner will pull up his bootstraps. Would definitely be two thirds of a smurf line but I wonder if he might mesh with Pettersson. Couldn't be worse than putting him with Sutter who seems to be able to singlehandedly extinguish any spark of creativity.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I am more confident in saying we haven't seen the best of Loui yet, and his almost 40-point pace last season gives me hope.

I'm not so confident saying we haven't seen the best of Gagner though.

Nonetheless, my choice is Luongo's cap-recapture.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ESQ wrote: Tue Jul 03, 2018 5:07 pm I am more confident in saying we haven't seen the best of Loui yet, and his almost 40-point pace last season gives me hope.

I'm not so confident saying we haven't seen the best of Gagner though.

Nonetheless, my choice is Luongo's cap-recapture.

Great choice actually!!

You win.
The only HW the Canucks need
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Ronning's Ghost wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:49 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:17 pmTrevor Linden
Interesting ! In what way(s) would you say Linden's performance has been deficient? How are you able to determine that those deficiencies lie with Linden rather than other elements of the ownership/management group ?
Were you just trying to stir up shit, or do you actually have a take on Linden's performance ?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

He's a figurehead, nothing more, nothing less.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

Topper wrote: Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:39 am He's a figurehead, nothing more, nothing less.
So is he figureheading badly, or do you think the figurehead role is unnecessary, or even counter-productive ?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Somebody has to put the price on Beers and shit.
Make TV & on-line ads, shit that you apply on the side of transit vehicles.
Honestly don't know what he does.
I think he's like supposed to be sort of a washer between the nut and bolt.
"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

At least on a ship, the figurehead has cleavage.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
CanuckOne
AHL Prospect

Post by CanuckOne »

I’d like to see Green move. Bring back Vigneault. He had the team playing a high tempo offensive game. Green just can’t seem to get the team to attack. Also it’s time to bring in somebody to take care of the youngsters. Both EP and Hughes are small and will be mashed everyone. Protect your assets. If nothing else a god scrap is entertaining. For the cost of a ticket today it’s time to get your monies worth.
CanuckOne
AHL Prospect

Post by CanuckOne »

I’d like to see Green move. Bring back Vigneault. He had the team playing a high tempo offensive game. Green just can’t seem to get the team to attack. Also it’s time to bring in somebody to take care of the youngsters. Both EP and Hughes are small and will be mashed everyone. Protect your assets. If nothing else a god scrap is entertaining. For the cost of a ticket today it’s time to get your monies worth.