Free Agency 2018 & Everything Related

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Free Agency 2018 & Everything Related

Post by SKYO »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 9:28 pm Pittsburgh did not qualify Sheahan. GMJB should probably try to sign him instead of Nash.
Hell nah, Sheahan even the redwings fans didn't like his lacklustre play, I want someone who plays with some jam, a Dorsett like center/winger.
theman wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am Burrows on waivers for purpose of buyout. Always liked him but was glad to see Benning sell high on a player for once. Great trade by Vancouver. No, I don't think we should bring him back.
Burrows I know no one wants him back except the little ones, but he probably is an elite penalty killer still at the very least.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Sorry, this is just too funny. :mrgreen:

CanuckOne
AHL Prospect

Post by CanuckOne »

Jovocop wrote: Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:40 pm DeMelo and Smith-Pelly ? Not sure about the price tag though.
What happened to Ryan Reaves? I thought he was a free agent. We need a guy like this with all of our little guys.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

CanuckOne wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:37 pm What happened to Ryan Reaves? I thought he was a free agent.
He is.
____
Try to focus on someday.
CanuckOne
AHL Prospect

Post by CanuckOne »

theman wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:22 am Burrows on waivers for purpose of buyout. Always liked him but was glad to see Benning sell high on a player for once. Great trade by Vancouver. No, I don't think we should bring him back.
I see no reason for not brining Burrows back. Put him on a checking line. His never quit attitude would surely be an example for our young players. They are going to have to learn they can’t get by on talent alone. Work and effort are where the advancement comes from. That’s where a guy like Burrows comes in. I always liked the effort Burrows put in. I would also like to see JB bring in a Ryan Reaves. We have needed a guy like him for years and now we will be starting a very small team. Reaves skill set will be sorely needed to protect them.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Time to put Burrows out to pasture, his time is now to be put in a position of player development, maybe join Johnson in Utica in a managerial role.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol sure bring back Bieksa and Shawn Matthias too.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Associated Press
June 26, 2018, 2:47 PM
TAMPA, Fla. — The Tampa Bay Lightning has re-signed forward J.T. Miller to a five-year contract worth $26.25 million.

Miller will count $5.5 million against the salary cap through 2022-23. General manager Steve Yzerman announced the deal with the pending restricted free agent on Tuesday.
The only HW the Canucks need
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over pay Burrows at a buck for the season and let him retire a Canuck 2 minutes later.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Or don’t.

Burrows was a good story. Why fuck it up?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks- ... gents-2018

I wouldn't mind Beagle or Reider on cheaper deals and shorter term, around $2-$3 Mill and 1-2 years. I'd pass on Bozak, prob cost too much.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

I'd grab a relatively cheap center on a 1-2 year deal - Beagle, Brodziak, Ryan, Filppula, etc all would be fine. At least one of them will be relatively cheap after day 1 of FA, just not sure who it will be. Benning needs to wait it out a little bit and not jump the gun on this one. Bozak will get a 4-5 year deal from the Habs I figure.

Another winger with some speed would be nice - Rieder fits the bill - but there are so many wingers on this team already I have no idea where playing time will come from. Quantity but not quality. Guess that's up to Green to figure out.

Hopefully they do something to change the D composition too because there's no scoring back there and that needs to change.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Not sure when this was last updated. Not difficult to spend an exorbitant amount and annihilate cap space if that is the desired course of action.
https://www.capfriendly.com/browse/free-agents
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I'd just sign Beagle 3 x $2.25M, maybe $2.5M per and be done with it, what the team is buying is reliability.

This way if Sutter gets injured Beagle can be the trusty reliable big 6'3-218lbs center, the whole point of having Sutter and Beagle is so the young centers up front can just solely concentrate on scoring, and less on being in the defensive zone - leave that hard work for Sutter and Beagle, plus they'll take the majority of the faceoffs along with Horvat.

Green liked to sometimes just put Sutter out there just for the faceoff and jump off.

With Sutter&Beagle here, that will help Horvat, Pettersson and Gaudette just focus more on scoring and learning their center position with sheltered minutes.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:27 pm I'd just sign Beagle 3 x $2.25M, maybe $2.5M per and be done with it, what the team is buying is reliability.

This way if Sutter gets injured Beagle can be the trusty reliable big 6'3-218lbs center, the whole point of having Sutter and Beagle is so the young centers up front can just solely concentrate on scoring, and less on being in the defensive zone - leave that hard work for Sutter and Beagle, plus they'll take the majority of the faceoffs along with Horvat.

Green liked to sometimes just put Sutter out there just for the faceoff and jump off.

With Sutter&Beagle here, that will help Horvat, Pettersson and Gaudette just focus more on scoring and learning their center position with sheltered minutes.
Finally Shopping Cart. I like this idea. Beagle or Brodziak. Maybe a winger to play with some nastiness. Would like Reaves, won’t mind Archibald