Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

micky107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:09 pm

Well, Heck; In re to Gudbransson: Two more years after this one at four million. No trade protection at all.
Six foot five/ 217 pounder. We do need the size but the way he is trending, how much does that mean?
Can't help but talk about it.
He's well liked by his team-mates. Have to admit, for me, it's a tough call.
If we did anything I have my doubts the return would be adequate.

LOL, It's his 27th birthday today.
"evolution"

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:15 pm

Canes are gonna move one of their Right Side dmen, there's probably something wrong with Dougie, who was it here that posted about his problems before?
Dougie Hamilton's stay in Carolina could be short - despite the fact that the Hurricanes spent major assets to bring him in from Calgary.
Rumblings suggest the Hurricanes strength on the right side, coupled with their strong desire to upgrade their forward group, has them listening hard on offers for the 25 year old blueliner.

Reports have been suggesting for months that one of Brett Pesce, Jacob Slavin or Justin Faulk was as good as gone as the 'Canes scoured the market for forward help. Now it appears GM Don Waddell is open to moving Hamilton, who has seen his role diminish on a crowded blueline.

Carolina swung and missed in an attempt to acquire William Nylander from the Maple Leaves, but they remain interested in another Toronto winger - Kasperi Kapanen.

St. Louis is listening on defensemen Colton Parayko and Alex Pietrangelo.

https://www.nhlrumourreport.com/2019/01 ... um=twitter
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:21 pm

SKYO wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:38 am
Meds wrote:
Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:38 am
IF the Canucks are in a playoff position come the deadline, or at least legitimately sniffing at one, then I would offer our 1st, Baertschi/Goldobin, and 6th to Ottawa for Mark Stone and a 7th (if Stone doesn't sign an extension in Vancouver then that 7th becomes a 3rd, and if he re-signs with Ottawa as an UFA then it becomes a 2nd).

Go after Karlsson.

Trade Sutter to clear $4.375M.
The Canucks are nowhere near in the position to be trading a 1st for a probable rental, sens won't take a conditional 2nd I bet, so get your head out of your ass meds.
Why does he have to be a probable rental? The idea would be to sign him to an extension to be a top line forward for us for the next 4 years and possibly a slightly overpaid top-6 for another 2 or 3. The only reason I said IF in a playoff position, is because making the dance means no lottery chance at all.....it's not like I want us paying for rentals.

In this here pipe dream Ottawa isn't being asked to accept a conditional 2nd. They are being asked to pay it if Stone refuses to sign an extension in Vancouver and then goes back to Ottawa as an UFA. It's a protection for the Canucks if Ottawa and Stone aren't totally up front at the time of a trade.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:30 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:00 pm
The Bread Man Artemi Panarin is my ufa target for july 1st. Imagine how he would look with petey.

Karlsson likely has played his best hockey and will want the absolute max $$$ for dmen.
I dunno about that UDL.

Karlsson is now boasting 35 points in 41 games. He's on pace for 70 points!

This after starting the season with a new team on the opposite end of the continent and a head full of drama and baggage.

In his first 18 games he went pointless in 12 of them scoring a total of 7 points. He has produced at a 1.22 points per game since November 13th.

Panarin has publicly stated he is testing free agency. He wants max dollars and doesn't care about winning with any loyalty to the "hometown". He's an uber talent for sure, but not the culture we necessarily want.

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:45 pm

How good would giant Colton Parayko look with a greasy whale on his chest? He is still young...

I'd still take a chance on Panarin. Sure the russian dooshbag factor is there but with his skills he would be the perfect compliment to peteys dekeys.

I'm staying far far away from Karlsson Meds. He would look wicked now for us but 10-12 mill a year might change that...especially if his numbers start waning
nobody focks...with the jesus

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:01 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 12:45 pm
How good would giant Colton Parayko look with a greasy whale on his chest? He is still young...

I'd still take a chance on Panarin. Sure the russian dooshbag factor is there but with his skills he would be the perfect compliment to peteys dekeys.

I'm staying far far away from Karlsson Meds. He would look wicked now for us but 10-12 mill a year might change that...especially if his numbers start waning
There is no way, wherever he goes, (or stays), it's going to be less than 12 for 7. Maybe 11 for 8 in SJ.
Outrageous skills but the injuries over the years have not all been minor and that's a big commitment.
Actually, whatever happens is going to go a long way in setting the bar, (president) for the future.
"evolution"

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:43 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:15 am
Edler carried 44 for a half dozen games last year and then the wheels fell off against Vegas.
It was much more than a half dozen games, and The Guds was fantastic.

But how would you know, you've already admitted you stopped watching before they were paired together.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:51 pm

It really wasn’t and no he wasnt
“SUTTER IS AS GOOD AS COUTURIER”

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:19 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 1:51 pm
Again, you weren't watching, so how would you know?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:19 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Didn’t say I missed all the games. Would you like a report on how many i watch?

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:31 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
You already gave us a report, you said you skipped the last quarter of that season...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:44 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:31 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 2:27 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
You already gave us a report, you said you skipped the last quarter of that season...
I don’t think I said I skipped every single game of the last 1/4 Cholla.

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead » Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:53 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
I could see New York calling. The Rangers have about $20M in cap space this summer.

If he does want to stay in the West, Dallas is as attractive as anywhere given their tax rate, and Spezza/Method clear $12.4M this offseason. A $12M salary in Dallas nets $7.59M, while in Vancouver it's $6.05M.

I don't see him being a fan of the attention that comes with Canadian markets.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:20 pm

Island Nucklehead wrote:
Mon Jan 07, 2019 4:53 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
I could see New York calling. The Rangers have about $20M in cap space this summer.

If he does want to stay in the West, Dallas is as attractive as anywhere given their tax rate, and Spezza/Method clear $12.4M this offseason. A $12M salary in Dallas nets $7.59M, while in Vancouver it's $6.05M.

I don't see him being a fan of the attention that comes with Canadian markets.
I can see the aquabro's getting the Sedins and Petey to talk to Karlsson in that two-week period prior to July 1st, rolling out the red carpet, have a video made up introducing EK to the Canucks in Rogers Arena, the whole 9 yards.

Most players talk about a proper fit, opportunity, the chance at making a strong team, a team moving forward with uber potential.

EK might like that chance to play over in the westcoast, teaming up with Petey, Boeser, Horvat, Hughes & whoever we draft in 2019 + having a steady dman partner like Edler.

I see EK playing well into his age like Scott Niedermayer who played awesome till his retirement at age 37ish who still scored 48pts at that age. EK is 28, a 7 yr contract will take him to 35 yrs of age.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jan 07, 2019 5:54 pm

Karlsson isn’t coming here. It’s a wonderful dream but there isn’t any reason he would want to play here