Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Post Reply
User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3517
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:35 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:12 pm
Lancer wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:43 am
SKYO wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:22 am

Back on Trades -
Minnesota willing to deal Niederreiter / Coyle / Brodin / Dumba if a team takes on Tyler Ennis
A poor version of Karlsson/Ryan combo.
I can see Minnesota being a much more logical trade partner than Ottawa. Dumba and Coyle wouldn’t look bad on Vancouver’s roster, depending on the price.
Yeah seems like a JB move get some younger asset that can play now, while taking on the cap dump Ennis.
This is why you should leave cap space so we can take advantage of other teams.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8961
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:29 pm

Jets and Wild looking to dump cap space, take on ennis and acquire another quality roster player.

And Jets trying to make room to re-sign Stastny.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11192
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm

I hear the Wild are offering up Dumba, Niederieter or Coyle if they take Ennis off their hands? How about a 2019 1st instead? Dumba maybe

What roster player is available on the Jets Roster to make room for Stastny?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8961
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
I hear the Wild are offering up Dumba, Niederieter or Coyle if they take Ennis off their hands? How about a 2019 1st instead? Dumba maybe

What roster player is available on the Jets Roster to make room for Stastny?
Friedman thinks it's Steve Mason + pick/prospect to dump salary to re-sign Stastny.

Canucks could take Mason with like a 2019 2nd, then buy out Mason.

Or instead of a pick could target someone like Adam Lowry a 6'5 210lbs C/LW.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1958
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hank » Mon Jun 25, 2018 3:51 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:39 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
I hear the Wild are offering up Dumba, Niederieter or Coyle if they take Ennis off their hands? How about a 2019 1st instead? Dumba maybe

What roster player is available on the Jets Roster to make room for Stastny?
Friedman thinks it's Steve Mason + pick/prospect to dump salary to re-sign Stastny.

Canucks could take Mason with like a 2019 2nd, then buy out Mason.

Or instead of a pick could target someone like Adam Lowry a 6'5 210lbs C/LW.
They should target the Jets 3rd round pick, 91st overall, Nathan Smith. Couldn't be any worse than the one from 18 years ago, right?
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
Jovocop
CC Legend
Posts: 3093
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:18 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Jovocop » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:31 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:39 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
I hear the Wild are offering up Dumba, Niederieter or Coyle if they take Ennis off their hands? How about a 2019 1st instead? Dumba maybe

What roster player is available on the Jets Roster to make room for Stastny?
Friedman thinks it's Steve Mason + pick/prospect to dump salary to re-sign Stastny.

Canucks could take Mason with like a 2019 2nd, then buy out Mason.

Or instead of a pick could target someone like Adam Lowry a 6'5 210lbs C/LW.
Lowry would be a welcome addition to the bottom six.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10052
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 2:39 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:51 pm
I hear the Wild are offering up Dumba, Niederieter or Coyle if they take Ennis off their hands? How about a 2019 1st instead? Dumba maybe

What roster player is available on the Jets Roster to make room for Stastny?
Friedman thinks it's Steve Mason + pick/prospect to dump salary to re-sign Stastny.

Canucks could take Mason with like a 2019 2nd, then buy out Mason.

Or instead of a pick could target someone like Adam Lowry a 6'5 210lbs C/LW.
Winnipeg loves Lowry. They aren’t going to give him away to take Mason off their hands
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11192
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:50 pm

They will probably dangle Petan or Claude Lemieuxs kid to take Mason. Connor and Roslovic have made those two expendable. I agree with Beer Shelf McKenzie. Lowry isn’t going anywhere
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8961
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 pm

I wouldn't mind adding Brendan Lemieux, a true shit disturber whose got some fists to throw about, plus he's had some scoring success in the AHL, seems like a perfect 4th line LW for next season.
Oct. 2017

Claude’s son, Brendan plays a similar style of game. He is always in the opposition’s face and between their ears. What separates these players from goons is their ability to put the puck in the back of the net, something Brendan has always done well.

As a 31st overall draft pick in 2014, Lemieux displayed his skill through junior with 189 points in 209 OHL games. His edge did not take a backseat, however, and he picked up over 400 penalty minutes in his junior career. His physicality has earned him the majority of those penalty minutes but so has his big mouth. Agitating his opponents is something Lemieux does very well. It is a good sign when your opposition hates to play against you.

Brendan Lemieux – Future With the Jets

The Jets lost their franchise leader in games played, Chris Thorburn in the offseason and replaced his grit with Matt Hendricks, a heart and soul grinder. The game is trending towards speed and skill and the Thorburn and Hendricks’ of the world will soon be extinct. The modern day tough guy will be a player who can skate, has a nose for the net and still provides the necessary grit. Lemieux fits this role to a tee.

Lemieux plays a lot like Brendan Gallagher of the Montreal Canadiens and if he could turn into that kind of player for the Jets, they would be very pleased. JC Lipon had potential in that position but he hasn’t fit the bill.

With the limited secondary scoring from the Jets, a guy like Brendan Lemieux who plays like a bull in a China shop and has undeniable skill should get a long look. If he earns it, there is no reason he shouldn’t keep playing.
https://thehockeywriters.com/brendan-le ... ipeg-jets/
Last edited by SKYO on Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP
Posts: 803
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2004 5:25 pm
Location: New Westminster

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:14 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:06 pm
I wouldn't mind adding Brendan Lemieux, a true shit disturber whose got some fists to throw about, plus he's had some scoring success in the AHL, seems like a perfect 4th line LW for next season.
I think if the Canucks are planning to ice a small line-up, then an important part of their strategy has to be leaving the shit right where it is and keeping everyone focused on hockey -- especially the other team.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11192
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 pm

I’m starting to doubt Claude’s kids wherewithal in making it to the bigs. Same goes for Petan. Give me their 2019 1st with Mason thank you very much
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10052
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:25 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 pm
I’m starting to doubt Claude’s kids wherewithal in making it to the bigs. Same goes for Petan. Give me their 2019 1st with Mason thank you very much
Put down the bath salts. They’ll attach Petan to Mason and Shoe Polish Elmer will lap it up and so will Travis. Green just lost one of his housepets. He will be anxious to have him replaced
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11192
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:25 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 pm
I’m starting to doubt Claude’s kids wherewithal in making it to the bigs. Same goes for Petan. Give me their 2019 1st with Mason thank you very much
Put down the bath salts. They’ll attach Petan to Mason and Shoe Polish Elmer will lap it up and so will Travis. Green just lost one of his housepets. He will be anxious to have him replaced
Bubbles wants Shawn Cronin with Steve Mason
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10052
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:49 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:25 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:21 pm
I’m starting to doubt Claude’s kids wherewithal in making it to the bigs. Same goes for Petan. Give me their 2019 1st with Mason thank you very much
Put down the bath salts. They’ll attach Petan to Mason and Shoe Polish Elmer will lap it up and so will Travis. Green just lost one of his housepets. He will be anxious to have him replaced
Bubbles wants Shawn Cronin with Steve Mason
I’d love Lemieux or Lowry. It ain’t happening. They won’t give them away nor will they give away their first. You are on another bender if you think they will. Winnipeg likes that style of guy for the bottom six. Elmer and Linden loathe that type of player. They like lighter, softer guys, little dinky guys.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11192
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:18 pm

Tom Sestito?
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Post Reply