Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10777
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:28 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 pm
Tryamkin, Goldobin, Tanev, conditional 1st. Van gets to choose if it's a '19 or '20 1st.
If the report is to be believed its says the Sens are looking for a top young defenceman. IE a top 4 young guy like Montour, Theodore, Nurse, Lindell etc. Vancouver does not have one of these. Tanev is older and busted up. Edler is old. Gudbranson is shitty. Tryamkin is under contract in Russia for two more seasons and may never come back. Juolevi and Hughes are not proven NHL players
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4832
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:54 pm

BladesofSteel wrote:
Wed Sep 12, 2018 9:12 pm
Tryamkin, Goldobin, Tanev, conditional 1st. Van gets to choose if it's a '19 or '20 1st.
Sub Tanev for Jiolevi and that might start sounding better to them if he shines at camp
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4430
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:15 am

https://www.silversevensens.com/2018/9/ ... de-rumours

We aren't in a realistic position to do this.
The Cap-Hit to us in relation to his take-home pay says at least 12+ per year, maybe more. He can take less and make more elsewhere.
Hell, we still have to get Brock locked up.
It's obviously tempting to find a way but in 3 years or so, that contract would be crippling and he'd be 32.
I'm not losing sight of our blue-line needing to be much better. I had hoped we would have acquired Hanifin at 21 years old but Calgary
got him. For the record, I will say our blueline, even as is, can be better and so can the coaching of it.
I do expect a couple of substantial roster moves before mid October.
Don't ask, I'm guessing.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:24 am

Just saying Troy Stecher is one year away from his rookie success with 3g21a-24pts, almost 20TOI, 125shots, and both he and EK are 190lbs ahah, he'd make sense to be included in the multi-piece package.

A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10777
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:16 am

SKYO wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:24 am
Just saying Troy Stecher is one year away from his rookie success with 3g21a-24pts, almost 20TOI, 125shots, and both he and EK are 190lbs ahah, he'd make sense to be included in the multi-piece package.

He isn’t close to a legit young top 4.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1698
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by ESQ » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:41 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 6:16 am
SKYO wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 4:24 am
Just saying Troy Stecher is one year away from his rookie success with 3g21a-24pts, almost 20TOI, 125shots, and both he and EK are 190lbs ahah, he'd make sense to be included in the multi-piece package.

He isn’t close to a legit young top 4.
Haven't you read Canucks Army lately? Cuuzzzzz I'm pretty sure that according to them Stecher is one of the best in the league according to FancyStats.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10777
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 8:54 am

I’m not much for fancy stats. Do you think he has comparable value to the four players I listed? If you are capable of looking at him through an objective lens.

I’m not as downnon him as Topper but he certainly not a legit top 4 guy
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13031
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hockey Widow » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:36 am

Fortunately the western based team is rumoured to be SJ? Of course Vegas is still talked about too.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2726
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:46 am

so why have we (or anyone??)not sent an offer sheet at Nurse??

edmonton seem right up against the cap.

Cost us a second round pick, or force edmonton to make a hasty trade to get cap compliant.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2187
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hank » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:49 am

I just don't see Benning doing that to his buddy Chiarelli.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2726
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Madcombinepilot » Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 am

True. But you could say something clever like " MDZ, Granlund and a 5th for Nurse and a 4th" as a "favour" to help them out of their cap hell they created
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4430
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:07 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:51 am
True. But you could say something clever like " MDZ, Granlund and a 5th for Nurse and a 4th" as a "favour" to help them out of their cap hell they created
Ya; I think we could come up with a reasonable actual hockey trade. Why not?

https://www.capfriendly.com/offer-sheet-calculator

The offer sheet is really, really close to the big nasty.
"evolution"

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Mar 14, 2018 9:14 am

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Richardstroker69 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:23 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:46 am
so why have we (or anyone??)not sent an offer sheet at Nurse??

edmonton seem right up against the cap.

Cost us a second round pick, or force edmonton to make a hasty trade to get cap compliant.
We don’t need anymore lhd and I don’t think he’s gonna be much more than a second pairing guy.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9283
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:11 am

San Jose it is!
Guessing for Karlsson. 8-)

Edit*
Dreger just said SJ players being informed of trade to Ottawa! Oh shit.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10777
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:18 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 10:23 am
Madcombinepilot wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 9:46 am
so why have we (or anyone??)not sent an offer sheet at Nurse??

edmonton seem right up against the cap.

Cost us a second round pick, or force edmonton to make a hasty trade to get cap compliant.
We don’t need anymore lhd and I don’t think he’s gonna be much more than a second pairing guy.
He would be right behind Edler and maybe as good. This team needs D of both hands. Hughes and Juolevi are not sure things
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Post Reply