Page 152 of 206

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm
by Strangelove
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 7:17 am
Because if you have four decent to good defence prospects in the system, every one of them will turn into top 4 d men.... this always happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hey Giggles, when 3 of them are drafted in the top 15

... and the 4th was drafted at 37th and had a great post-draft year

... then YES it's fair to believe all 4 might become top 4 dmen.

BTW you're doing a great job of mocking your Vancouver Canucks though buddy

... better than Tuna! :thumbs:
Not mocking the Canucks... just mocking silly posts
But, as shown, it wasn't a silly post.

Face it, your Benning-hatred as turned you into a Canuck hater.

Twas inevitable, as it's Jimmy's team...

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Not mocking the Canucks... just mocking silly posts
But, as shown, it wasn't a silly post.

Face it, your Benning-hatred as turned you into a Canuck hater.

Twas inevitable, as it's Jimmy's team...
Cool story. Still my team even if they are poorly managed.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm
by Richardstroker69
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Not mocking the Canucks... just mocking silly posts
But, as shown, it wasn't a silly post.

Face it, your Benning-hatred as turned you into a Canuck hater.

Twas inevitable, as it's Jimmy's team...
Cool story. Still my team even if they are poorly managed.
Poorly managed? How so? They seem to be doing just fine.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:47 pm
by SKYO
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Not mocking the Canucks... just mocking silly posts
But, as shown, it wasn't a silly post.

Face it, your Benning-hatred as turned you into a Canuck hater.

Twas inevitable, as it's Jimmy's team...
Cool story. Still my team even if they are poorly managed.
Poorly managed? How so? They seem to be doing just fine.
Facts only benning haters would suggest that. I mean how in the world do we have more points than the Ducks, Oilers, Rangers, Sabres, Devils and Kings, while on the rebuild.

And now we got the core in place Petey/Boeser/Horvat/Hughes/Demko with blue chip prospects and youthful players with upside on the way.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Lol objectivity is a swear word among the sheep

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm
by Diehard1
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm
Lol objectivity is a swear word among the sheep
Results don't matter to most it seems, all that matters is that it 'feels' like they are doing well. It's a bizarre concept - I'd prefer to cheer for my team in the playoffs rather than another moral victory but each to their own.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:34 pm
by Strangelove
Diehard1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:06 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:50 pm
SKYO wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:47 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:41 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:28 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:24 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 12:19 pm
Not mocking the Canucks... just mocking silly posts
But, as shown, it wasn't a silly post.

Face it, your Benning-hatred as turned you into a Canuck hater.

Twas inevitable, as it's Jimmy's team...
Cool story. Still my team even if they are poorly managed.
Poorly managed? How so? They seem to be doing just fine.
Facts only benning haters would suggest that. I mean how in the world do we have more points than the Ducks, Oilers, Rangers, Sabres, Devils and Kings, while on the rebuild.

And now we got the core in place Petey/Boeser/Horvat/Hughes/Demko with blue chip prospects and youthful players with upside on the way.
Lol objectivity is a swear word among the sheep
Results don't matter to most it seems, all that matters is that it 'feels' like they are doing well.
And yet 24 minutes later....

Diehard1 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 1:30 pm
I expect Brock to get $7 million + this year, then Petey $10 million +, and Quinn likely the same.
So it feels to Diehard like we have a few superstars on our hands. :D

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
by The Brown Wizard
Blob its time to get on board bro. Youre entering dude circa 2009 territory when he was non-stop railing on gillis about riding nonis's cheeseburger express.

Time to let go of the cheeseburgers buddy

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:45 pm
by Strangelove
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Blob its time to get on board bro. Youre entering dude circa 2009 territory when he was non-stop railing on gillis about riding nonis's cheeseburger express.

Time to let go of the cheeseburgers buddy
Yup, grab ahold of something Blob, you've been slip sliding away for a long time...

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Blob its time to get on board bro. Youre entering dude circa 2009 territory when he was non-stop railing on gillis about riding nonis's cheeseburger express.

Time to let go of the cheeseburgers buddy
What am I not on board with exactly?

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm
by The Brown Wizard
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Blob its time to get on board bro. Youre entering dude circa 2009 territory when he was non-stop railing on gillis about riding nonis's cheeseburger express.

Time to let go of the cheeseburgers buddy
What am I not on board with exactly?
The future...its not that bad now.

Nooooomsayin noomsayin

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 3:54 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Blob its time to get on board bro. Youre entering dude circa 2009 territory when he was non-stop railing on gillis about riding nonis's cheeseburger express.

Time to let go of the cheeseburgers buddy
What am I not on board with exactly?
The future...its not that bad now.

Nooooomsayin noomsayin
No it isn’t that bad. I didn’t say it was. I LOLd at SKYO’s post because he was proclaiming this future top 4 Stanley Cup D that has a grand total of 5 games NHL experience. Furthermore one of his magic D men hasn’t even been drafted yet. It was an easy post to pound holes in. Prospects click at about a 30 % rate if you’re lucky.

Great we have a core 4. We need 4 more.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:08 pm
by SKYO
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:54 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:49 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:48 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 3:40 pm
Blob its time to get on board bro. Youre entering dude circa 2009 territory when he was non-stop railing on gillis about riding nonis's cheeseburger express.

Time to let go of the cheeseburgers buddy
What am I not on board with exactly?
The future...its not that bad now.

Nooooomsayin noomsayin
No it isn’t that bad. I didn’t say it was. I LOLd at SKYO’s post because he was proclaiming this future top 4 Stanley Cup D that has a grand total of 5 games NHL experience. Furthermore one of his magic D men hasn’t even been drafted yet. It was an easy post to pound holes in. Prospects click at about a 30 % rate if you’re lucky.

Great we have a core 4. We need 4 more.
blah blah blah skyo this and skyo that on defense, blobbers, besides BPA, wouldn't you like having some decent blue chippers on defense?

I mean who were the blue chippers on defense during the gillis years?

You laughed at our defense prospects like an MS on HF.

Now getting Hughes, Woo, Juolevi, (possibly Seider) is laughable? s-m-h.

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 pm
by Doyle Hargraves
They don’t all turn out ffs. They need talent EVERYWHERE but in goal, not just defence

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Posted: Thu May 16, 2019 4:17 pm
by SKYO
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 4:09 pm
They don’t all turn out ffs. They need talent EVERYWHERE but in goal, not just defence

I get that, but having trash defense prospects is not gonna help your team.

having bonafide d-man prospects is a MUCH better situation to be in.

Championship teams have a top 6 defense, most of them drafted, and some of the best are drafted not top 10, but late 1st and 2nd rounds..... as said dman was behind some veteran dman on the junior squad.

Chara 3rd rd #56, Carlson #27, Letang 3rd round #62, 2nd rd Keith #54/1st rd Seabrook #14.

Pillars of strength to win a Cup, that were not a top 2 pick.