Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

micky107
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by micky107 » Thu May 09, 2019 10:10 am

I just don't think I could stand watching old man seaskunk meandering around the rink.
The South Delta Slug.
These kind of trick cap deals rarely work-out.
AND; You'ld be putting an element in the dressing room that there is no-way to predict how that will effect the team.
"evolution"

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Thu May 09, 2019 1:24 pm

mr perfect wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 pm
Keep in mind the CBA expires in 2020 and with changes in revenue sharing between players and owners and possibly escrow comes amnesty buyouts to allow teams leeway to fit under new caps. So if things deteriorate further with Seabrook then Chicago will buy him out with no cap penalty. Timing is everything.
Actually the CBA expires in 2022, but yes either side could choose to opt out in 2020.

(right now it doesn't sound like either side is interested in opting out)

Their is no reason to believe compliance buyouts will be necessary in the next CBA.

I've discussed this with Blob recently...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD » Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 am

Do not see the Hawks giving up the 3rd overall pick to get rid of boat anchor Seabrook. A ridiculous idea
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri May 10, 2019 6:50 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:22 am
Do not see the Hawks giving up the 3rd overall pick to get rid of boat anchor Seabrook. A ridiculous idea
Ummm yeah :lol:

Fucking rediculous.
Witchcraft... Oh, but it IS. A dark and terrible magic...

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Fri May 10, 2019 7:06 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 6:50 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Ummm yeah :lol:

Fucking rediculous.
Asinine
"evolution"

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri May 10, 2019 7:29 am

Maybe if his game went in the tank or something but hes still a 15+ minute a night right shot dman.

micky107
MVP
MVP

Post by micky107 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:03 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 7:29 am
Maybe if his game went in the tank or something but hes still a 15+ minute a night right shot dman.
Also XXXV when the new NHL season commences.
Only of value to a team that is ready, now.
Oh, and his contract still goes on for eons.
"evolution"

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Fri May 10, 2019 8:05 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Almost like a pipe dream?

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Fri May 10, 2019 10:24 am

Two targets:

Brandon Saad, his contract ends in two years just when Petey and Hughes need new contracts, only 26, 6'1 206lbs, great motor and he's a 20+ goal scorer who thrives in the playoffs, he'd play great on the top line - Saad - Petey - Boeser.
I'd prefer Saad over all the LW's we have currently.

Also Hawks want cap space to get Panarin who was prolific with Kane.
Cost: a throw in winger (goldy) and two 2nd's 2019, 2020.

Second target - Ryan Callahan only one year left on contract, TBL obviously needs cap space to give Point a mega contract.
Canucks receive: 2019 3rd (they have no 2nd this yr) and a 2020 2nd to take on his contract for a couple AHLers for their depth, think Yan-Pavel Laplante and Kero + one of our 6th rounders (we have 3). Now that's utilizing cap space & the owner's money to acquire extra draft picks.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Doyle Hargraves
CC Legend

Post by Doyle Hargraves » Fri May 10, 2019 10:50 am

Leave the seconds alone. There are better options in UFA and they don’t need to be pissing assets away.

Callahan has a NMC doesn’t he? If he does this is probably the last place he wants to finish up his career.
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ » Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:50 am
Leave the seconds alone. There are better options in UFA and they don’t need to be pissing assets away.
I'm not aware of any UFAs better than Saad who will only be signed for 2 more years, or who will sign for under $6 mil. Probably Ferkland will be less, but I would not overpay for Ferkland to sit on IR.
Callahan has a NMC doesn’t he? If he does this is probably the last place he wants to finish up his career.
He has a 16-team trade list. There's a chance Vancouver's on it, but its a far less likely than, say, expecting Loui to waive to go to Ottawa or Edmonton.

The Brown Wizard
CC Legend

Post by The Brown Wizard » Fri May 10, 2019 11:57 am

IMA pass on both skyo. Too average.

We need to grow our own talent...use the draft like jesus and allah intended us to when they created jimmy to draft in their image(s?)

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Fri May 10, 2019 12:36 pm

ESQ wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 10:50 am
I'm not aware of any UFAs better than Saad who will only be signed for 2 more years, or who will sign for under $6 mil. Probably Ferkland will be less, but I would not overpay for Ferkland to sit on IR.
He has a 16-team trade list. There's a chance Vancouver's on it, but its a far less likely than, say, expecting Loui to waive to go to Ottawa or Edmonton.
Yeah you are not going to get any top line LW via UFA for only two years, all the top LW's are gonna command 6-7 years at minimum.

And maybe we can acquire extra picks in another trade with our cap space to trade for Saad.
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri May 10, 2019 11:57 am
IMA pass on both skyo. Too average.

We need to grow our own talent...use the draft like jesus and allah intended us to when they created jimmy to draft in their image(s?)
Also true, another option is Nick Ritchie, 2014 1st rounder, hasn't lit it up, but he'd provide some snarl on the top line (ie protection) and still has upside, he hasn't had much help with the Ducks centers injured a lot.

Ducks fan said they need a younger top 4 QB right shot, could swap Stecher straight up for Ritchie?
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Fri May 10, 2019 2:39 pm

These guys spicin' up Jeremy Bracco, the classic great scorer, but sucks defensively, but put him on the 2nd line and he could thrive.

They saying to take on Marleau's contract with Bracco as the sweetener.

Bracco seems like the type that could be like the other 5'9 scoring winger Yanni Gourde of the TBL.

I think Bracco as the playmaker would be great with Pearson and Horvat.
The highly talented [5'9 22yrs] Jeremy Bracco is continuing to make a name for himself in the AHL with the Toronto Marlies. In his second AHL season, the 22-year old Long Island, NY native has more than doubled his stat line from 2017-18, leading his team with 79 points (22 G, 57 A). In 125 total AHL games, the young right-winger has upped his total to 111 points (28 G, 83 A).

Currently in the Eastern Conference Final of the Calder Cup, Bracco is leading the Marlies in playoff points (11) with two goals and nine assists.

While some believe Bracco is NHL-ready, the growing notion out of Toronto is that the Maple Leaves management brass believes Bracco is purely an offensive weapon who lacks defensive responsibility and needs to play in a top-six role in order to thrive.

With his superior vision, Bracco is a legitimate playmaker who uses his edgework and puck control to deceive defenders to create time and space in order to make plays. Here is a preview of what he can do:

https://thehockeywriters.com/new-jersey ... aple-Leaves
Would you take Marleau's contract to get Bracco? Might not be a bad option to improve out top 6 utilizing our cap space.

______ - Petey-Boeser
Pearson-Horvat-Bracco

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Fri May 10, 2019 3:36 pm

Lol, no thanks, Jeremy 'The Runt' Bracco will never be an NHLer!

(and Marleau wouldn't waive)

The hockey writers at thehockeywriters.com should stop writing about hockey, bunch 'o leaf fluffers...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!