Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Doyle Hargraves »

Two guys showed their math. One guys math sucked shit
“ROR IS OVERRATED, MACKINNON IS A BUM, TAVARES IS DONE”

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

Trading for Trouba - he'd command $7M-$8M per AAV for his next contract.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/jet ... -winnipeg/

Kawhi Leonard him, trade for said fella and try to give him a taste of the good life in beautiful Vancity for over a year.
Trouba was the only Jets defenceman to play all 82 regular-season games this season and set a new personal best with 50 points. He averaged 22:53 per game, which was a minute more than last season and the third-highest mark of his career. He was used in all situations and was the only Jet to be top-two on the team in even strength, power play and shorthanded ice time, while still serving as Winnipeg’s top shutdown option, starting 31.75 per cent of the time in the defensive zone, which was second on the team to Nathan Beaulieu.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:55 am
I would definitely do the first deal as well, Seabrook still has game and would be a great steady partner for Hughes.
Lol Seabrook is a worse boat anchor than Sutter or Eriksson and probably Lucic.

Lmfao

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:04 pm

Lmfao
Blob you don’t watch hockey

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

The media has been calling for JB to weaponize the cap. Well, Seabrook is the kind of opportunity you have to look at... extort the Blackhawks into paying a heavy, heavy price to make their cap hell issues go away. Like their 3rd overall, just for starters.

If Seabrook can still play for a few more years, even at Schenn's level, it's gravy.
Try to focus on THIS year...

Chef Boi RD
CC Legend

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Lmfao
:lol:
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:25 pm
I’m fairly certain you watch crotches

Doyle Hargraves
MVP
MVP

Hank wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 pm
The media has been calling for JB to weaponize the cap. Well, Seabrook is the kind of opportunity you have to look at... extort the Blackhawks into paying a heavy, heavy price to make their cap hell issues go away. Like their 3rd overall, just for starters.

If Seabrook can still play for a few more years, even at Schenn's level, it's gravy.
Why do the Hawks do this?

Furthermore Benning has weaponized the cap space already with Sutter, Eriksson etc. He hasn’t figured out which end the bullets come out of yet. Let Elmer play with the plastic weapons for a while yet

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:47 pm
Hank wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 7:33 pm

Why do the Hawks do this?

Furthermore Benning has weaponized the cap space already with Sutter, Eriksson etc. He hasn’t figured out which end the bullets come out of yet. Let Elmer play with the plastic weapons for a while yet
I'm not saying they would do this. But how do you know the Hawks aren't trying to do this? You gotta look at every opportunity and make the courtesy call to Bowman to find out.

He wasn't weaponizing the cap with those moves. It was to fulfill Aqua's wish for playoff revenue and support for the good, loyal employees Henrik & Daniel. He actually has tons of cap space now to weaponize with.

Man, you just can't let one opportunity go to take a shot at JB can you? Funny how you guys keep going on about Dude's obsessions.
Try to focus on THIS year...

mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Richardstroker69 wrote:
I would definitely do the first deal as well, Seabrook still has game and would be a great steady partner for Hughes.

Lmfao
Yes, Seabrook right now is a third pairing defence man with a big contract for his past performances. Chicago's problems aren't scoring. Kane and Toews are 30 and 31 years old and still putting up excellent offensive numbers. The Blackhawks also have young players scoring with DeBrincat and Strome. Their problems are with defence and goaltending. They do have some very good prospects on D in the form of Henri Jokiharju and Adam Boqvist. Considering that the BPA at number three in the draft could be Bowen Byram, if he's still available that would make for an excellent prospect pool on defence. I can't see the 'Hawks passing him up. Chicago might be very happy with Seabrook mentoring Byram on the third pairing. So I don't see him waving his NMC to come to Vancouver. Beside that, Chicago has close to 19 mil in cap space before revenues are calculated for next season's cap. They have 15 current NHL players under contract with no important UFAs or RFAs to sign. Other than a UFA goaltender, the rest of the roster will probably be filled with youth on entry level contracts. The same way Boston did starting in 2015. So the 'Hawks aren't going to have cap issues.
Keep in mind the CBA expires in 2020 and with changes in revenue sharing between players and owners and possibly escrow comes amnesty buyouts to allow teams leeway to fit under new caps. So if things deteriorate further with Seabrook then Chicago will buy him out with no cap penalty. Timing is everything.

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

By; Kieth Seabrook.
"evolution"

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

So Seabrook's ship has sailed, going on 35, not something I would even think about.

Now Myers, sure: IF HE WOULD SIGN FOR FOUR YEARS AT SIX PER; Image
"evolution"

Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

I guess what I'm thinking this year is doing FA for FA.
"evolution"

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 12:06 am
So Seabrook's ship has sailed, going on 35, not something I would even think about.

Now Myers, sure: IF HE WOULD SIGN FOR FOUR YEARS AT SIX PER; Image
Not even for Bowen Byram? If we could move eriksson’s contract and take on seabrook, we’d still only have the one shitty contract but it would at least be for a tough veteran dman with a history of winning plus we’d get the best dman in the draft. If we could somehow manage to keep our 10th as well could grab soderstrom as well and come out with the best lhd and rhd in the draft. Seabrook is still an nhl player and if he’s playing with a guy like Hughes who excels at moving the puck a lot of his flaws will be hidden, also he’s a mean sob.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

mr perfect wrote:
Wed May 08, 2019 11:35 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Richardstroker69 wrote:

Lmfao
Yes, Seabrook right now is a third pairing defence man with a big contract for his past performances. Chicago's problems aren't scoring. Kane and Toews are 30 and 31 years old and still putting up excellent offensive numbers. The Blackhawks also have young players scoring with DeBrincat and Strome. Their problems are with defence and goaltending. They do have some very good prospects on D in the form of Henri Jokiharju and Adam Boqvist. Considering that the BPA at number three in the draft could be Bowen Byram, if he's still available that would make for an excellent prospect pool on defence. I can't see the 'Hawks passing him up. Chicago might be very happy with Seabrook mentoring Byram on the third pairing. So I don't see him waving his NMC to come to Vancouver. Beside that, Chicago has close to 19 mil in cap space before revenues are calculated for next season's cap. They have 15 current NHL players under contract with no important UFAs or RFAs to sign. Other than a UFA goaltender, the rest of the roster will probably be filled with youth on entry level contracts. The same way Boston did starting in 2015. So the 'Hawks aren't going to have cap issues.
Keep in mind the CBA expires in 2020 and with changes in revenue sharing between players and owners and possibly escrow comes amnesty buyouts to allow teams leeway to fit under new caps. So if things deteriorate further with Seabrook then Chicago will buy him out with no cap penalty. Timing is everything.
Excellent points, I’d just love to somehow get their 3rd overall somehow.