Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Strangelove » Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:46 am

Meds wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:21 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 8:05 am
Reefer2 wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:53 am

Oh yeah, find 2 guys who are kind of on the rough side and do not take kindly to their teammates being roughed up.
Or...sign and draft every single possible player who is under 5'10" and can skate. Corner the market. The league will be filled with bigger, ganglier players and our army of tiny smurfs will swarm teams until they tire. Give them so many munchkins to try and destroy that they'll wear themselves out.
Hey this could just work.....it’s how Doc operated for years with little socks all over the place during the annual summer forum wars back at old Central.

:P
If the sock does not fit you must acquit!
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:24 am

Strangelove wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 10:46 am

If the sock does not fit you must acquit!
Or revert back to toilet paper
nobody forks...with the jesus

Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer » Fri Jun 29, 2018 12:35 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Fri Jun 29, 2018 6:18 am
Lancer wrote:
Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:13 pm
An interesting article from Canucks Army: https://canucksarmy.com/2018/06/27/anal ... ld-target/

Wonder what it would take to pry Reinhart out of Buffalo. Given the stock they have at center in their organization, the price would be high but not exorbitant.

Tanev and Juolevi for Reinhart and 2019 2nd? What else would fit?

What would a reasonable offer look like? Benning may not have the pieces for someone of greater stature but this one would look doable.
Tanev and Juolevi for Reinhart? You’re kidding right?
A bit much, I admit, but he is still young and a 2nd overall pick. Tanev or Baertschi would at least start the conversation.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:16 pm

Seeing as how the Habs want a top center and the Sabres want picks and a dman, how about a 3 way.

Habs: Ryan O'Reilly + Guillaume Brisebois + Ben Hutton

Sabres: Habs 1st round pick + Chris Tanev

Canucks: Shea Weber

Imagine a powerplay with Hughes and the big cannon Shea Weber on point for the next 8 years? falls in line with the future window of contending.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:18 pm

SKYO wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:16 pm
Seeing as how the Habs want a top center and the Sabres want picks and a dman, how about a 3 way.

Habs: Ryan O'Reilly + Guillaume Brisebois + Ben Hutton

Sabres: Habs 1st round pick + Chris Tanev

Canucks: Shea Weber

Imagine a powerplay with Hughes and the big cannon Shea Weber on point for the next 8 years? falls in line with the future window of contending.
You’re a bit thick sometimes.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Sun Jul 01, 2018 3:36 pm

lol camman Meds, at least Weber is a legit #1 dman, Height: 6'4, Weight: 230 lbs. Shoots: R, and now Doughty re-signed, OEL re-signed, Karlsson is too rich to trade for, we got no one in the pipeline who comes close to a Shea Weber, Jet Woo is a future Bieksa apparently, 2nd pairing dman in his prime, our left side is piling up with players/prospects.

What's wrong with wanting a:
Hughes - Weber
Edler - Stecher
top 4? :thumbs:
O’Reilly trade makes sense for Habs, even if it costs too much

'My sense of the Buffalo ask right now for O’Reilly is this: a first-round pick, a good prospect and a second-round pick.'

If any team can afford to take on ROR for futures, it’s the Canadiens. They might even decide it’s worth it to eat that $7.5M bonus. Either way, they’re in a position to stomach that cap hit, and they don’t need to move salary the other way to do it.

https://sports.yahoo.com/o-reilly-trade ... um=twitter
Trading Shea Weber is a massive risk for the Habs, but also worth considering

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2018 ... ntract-aav
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Dallas Stars gunning hard for Erik Karlsson.
Stars have reportedly 'emerged as a front runner' for Erik Karlsson; Senators 'focusing' on Miro Heiskanen in possible deal

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/dallas ... ong-others
CJ_Stevenson:

Talks on going between Dallas and Senators ... Senators focusing on Miro Heiskanen third overall to Dallas last year, one source suggested. Dallas would rather give up Julius Honka, 14th overall in 2014. Played 42 games with Stars last season. Stay tuned.

https://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/15664 ... um=twitter

CanuckOne
AHL Prospect

Post by CanuckOne » Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 am
If you were a franchise type superstar hitting UFA right now would you even consider going to the farthest franchise in the league that has been a top 5 lotto team for 3 years running? Not a chance. You might go to your childhood home in TO who are just emerging as a power but vancouver? Lol no way
Can you imagine the crap this guy is going to get when To is still a loser city. They aren’t going anywhere soon with a solo act. T so many “fans” lol will think they have just signed a messiah and a n Asiago he isn’t or long island would have done a lot better than they have.

lostinarink
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by lostinarink » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:01 pm

CanuckOne wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 9:18 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 8:13 am
If you were a franchise type superstar hitting UFA right now would you even consider going to the farthest franchise in the league that has been a top 5 lotto team for 3 years running? Not a chance. You might go to your childhood home in TO who are just emerging as a power but vancouver? Lol no way
Can you imagine the crap this guy is going to get when To is still a loser city. They aren’t going anywhere soon with a solo act. T so many “fans” lol will think they have just signed a messiah and a n Asiago he isn’t or long island would have done a lot better than they have.
Toronto signing Talveres means that they will be able to bounce Edmonton as the current 2 year Stanley Cup Champions...... :lol:

I keep reading how Vancouver has screwed up by not going the TO method, but really is the 18/19 TO method any different than the 17/18 Edmonton team?

I also keep wondering why none of the pundits realize that Vancouver's FA were not meant to replace 2 twins and a Vanek, but rather Burrows, Hansen, and Dorsett - 3 very integral parts that all championship teams seem to possess (not to suggest that Van is at that level yet).

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:51 am

Canes fans asking for a LW and Left side Dman for Justin Faulk, but then they signed De Haan, but maybe they want the young Russian Goldobin to play with their new Russian Svechnikov, seen a lot of now they want a 1st + a LW or a center.

So maybe the Canucks can move Tanev to the Leafs for a 1st rounder 2019 + 2020 2nd + 3rd, and use that Leafs 1st + Goldy + a throw-in depth center.

Acquiring Faulk and his scoring skills would also help alleviate the pressure to sign Hughes, so he can go to Michigan for a year, get stronger even quicker etc, and heck he could sign with the Canucks at the end of the season like what Boeser and Gaudette did.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:37 am

SKYO wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:51 am
Canes fans asking for a LW and Left side Dman for Justin Faulk, but then they signed De Haan, but maybe they want the young Russian Goldobin to play with their new Russian Svechnikov, seen a lot of now they want a 1st + a LW or a center.

So maybe the Canucks can move Tanev to the Leafs for a 1st rounder 2019 + 2020 2nd + 3rd, and use that Leafs 1st + Goldy + a throw-in depth center.

Acquiring Faulk and his scoring skills would also help alleviate the pressure to sign Hughes, so he can go to Michigan for a year, get stronger even quicker etc, and heck he could sign with the Canucks at the end of the season like what Boeser and Gaudette did.
Let Hughes turn pro, he’s ready for it, and if he isn’t ready for the nhl he can go a year in the ahl. He’s dominated college so nothing there for him.

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:09 am

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:37 am
SKYO wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:51 am
Let Hughes turn pro, he’s ready for it, and if he isn’t ready for the nhl he can go a year in the ahl. He’s dominated college so nothing there for him.
I can see him turning pro, but it's clear it's either the NHL or Michigan for him, & if they do sign him it's a clear sign Benning will move a dman or two pretty quick as the Canucks will then have about ohhhhh 10 million left side dmen.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:55 am

The Habs need D even if Weber wasn't out for 6 months.

How about a MDZ giveaway? Wouldn't even need to get anything back.

A mid-round pick for Bhutt if we don't have to eat part of the contract?

Start looking into it Jim. The fans want Hughes in the lineup now and Juolevi soon.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:05 pm

Thank god we didn't trade for Weber eh, SKYO ;)
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:18 pm

lol true, maybe his value is nice and low now tho' ayyeee