Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Skyo you're gonna want to back away slowly from defending loui mcfloater bro...not a good cut to hook your tongs onto
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

OK, I'll say something totally off the wall.
I don't see that much difference between the two coaches.
Green is younger and is developing a better repore with the media. He sucked at first.
They are very different when heard.
Both stubborn as fuck.
Both love to do the shuffle. (think that was a dance eons ago).
And both, I think for the most part, have had close to autonomy.
Willies days are over as an NHL coach, I think.
Green now needs to settle down a bit and take the tough guy gloves off, some. Not completely.
Should be OK.
Still would like to look for and upgrade on the asses asisnts.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 2:15 pm OK, I'll say something totally off the wall... asisnts.
:eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Ya'll mentioned Colin Miller recently, I think he could be had if Vegas wants to get some cap breathing room, while vegas gets some cheaper players /prospects for depth, might have to take on another vet in the deal.
The Vegas Golden Knights have painted themselves into a corner with big free agent contracts to Max Pacioretty, Mark Stone, and Paul Stastny. This could make a solid player like Colin Miller, who has three years left on his deal at $3,875,000, available to acquire.
Under contract, could be moved

Cody Eakin, forward — Fourth year of four-year contract. Signed through end of next season at a $3.85 million cap hit.

Colin Miller, defenseman — Second year of four-year contract. Signed through 2021-22 season at a $3.875 million cap hit. He will have a modified no-trade clause beginning in 2020-21.

Ryan Reaves, forward — Second year of two-year contract. Signed through end of next season at a $2.775 million cap hit.

Nick Holden, defenseman — Second year of two-year contract. Signed through end of next season at a $2.2 million cap hit.

These four are the most interesting players currently under contract if the Golden Knights find themselves in need of cap space.

Eakin’s expiring deal is the waving flag for attention. He had a strong season with a career-high 22 goals and 41 points and would be attractive to nearly any team in the league. That includes the Golden Knights, where he could easily slide back into his third-line center role. But with the return of Erik Haula and the continued development of Cody Glass, Eakin could be the first casualty of a cap crunch.

Miller is the same. He is the third-highest-paid defenseman on the team, also coming off a productive year with a manageable cap hit. He has three more years on his deal, excluding some teams that would prefer an expiring deal, but also adding in teams that would want to trade for stability.

He’s a right-handed shooter who is good on the power play, but Vegas has loads of defensemen (though few right-handed) and is the most valuable trade piece among the surplus.

https://lasvegassun.com/news/2019/apr/3 ... r-moves-f/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Canucks need to draft one more top 4 right side dman with size.

So in a couple years the franchise could have:

HUGHES - WOO
JUOLEVI - SEIDER

The last 4 Championship teams have had their top dmen drafted and developed, plus keeps them cost controlled.
The only team to bypass that of drafting your top dmen was the Boston Bruins who moved Joe Thornton for scraps to eventually sign Chara, they won a Cup in 2011 durr and looks like they can win one more this season.

But that top 4 will echo on into Canucks eternity if they all reach their full potential, even if not they'd be valuable trade assets.

How to accomplish that feat:

Trade #10 + Loui Eriksson to the Habs for Karl Alzner + #15 + CBJ's 2nd rounder, we love some CBJ 2nd rounders.

Seider is too much of a reach at #10 so we gain another 2nd to pick a couple forwards there in that round.

I see a lot of transactions for draft movement.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah I agree with dat SKYO. A solid top 4 is so huge in today’s game, Seider, Broberg (although a LHD) or Soderstrom wouldn’t be the sexiest picks but they would be the smartest. Canuck fans would hate it cause they’ve all gone HF stupid.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Because if you have four decent to good defence prospects in the system, every one of them will turn into top 4 d men.... this always happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:17 am Because if you have four decent to good defence prospects in the system, every one of them will turn into top 4 d men.... this always happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
All of ours are trending in the right direction
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:15 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 7:17 am Because if you have four decent to good defence prospects in the system, every one of them will turn into top 4 d men.... this always happens :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hughes and to a lesser extent Woo...sure. Olaf isn’t and he’s trying to rebound from major injury. The 4th guy isn’t even in the system, SKYO is pimping the d men in the upcoming draft. Common sense dictates BPA when your system doesn’t have depth.

You should know 100 % of prospects don’t make it
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:21 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 9:15 am
Hughes and to a lesser extent Woo...sure. Olaf isn’t and he’s trying to rebound from major injury. The 4th guy isn’t even in the system, SKYO is pimping the d men in the upcoming draft. Common sense dictates BPA when your system doesn’t have depth.

You should know 100 % of prospects don’t make it
Olaf is trending fine if not for the injury this year he would have been playing in the nhl.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Hughes looked good.
Woo is trending well.
Juolevi was looking good but we still don’t know what we’ve got.
Rathbone is trending well.

But we still are a long long way from proclaiming any of them sure fire NHLers let alone top four.

I like were we are heading and how we look but I’ll still hold my breath for awhile.

I’m with BLOB, BPA
The only HW the Canucks need
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

If all goes well, this could be our last top pick for a while - BPA for sure.

#ImWithBlob
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:31 am I’m with BLOB, BPA
Cornuck wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 11:52 am BPA for sure.

#ImWithBlob
Is anyone suggesting not taking the BPA? :eh:

Skyo was suggesting trading down to a spot where the BPA might be a dman...

SKYO wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 1:04 am Canucks need to draft one more top 4 right side dman with size.

So in a couple years the franchise could have:

HUGHES - WOO
JUOLEVI - SEIDER TRYAMKIN
:wink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hey Giggles, when 3 of them are drafted in the top 15

... and the 4th was drafted at 37th and had a great post-draft year

... then YES it's fair to believe all 4 might become top 4 dmen.

BTW you're doing a great job of mocking your Vancouver Canucks though buddy

... better than Tuna! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 pm
Hey Giggles, when 3 of them are drafted in the top 15

... and the 4th was drafted at 37th and had a great post-draft year

... then YES it's fair to believe all 4 might become top 4 dmen.

BTW you're doing a great job of mocking your Vancouver Canucks though buddy

... better than Tuna! :thumbs:
Not mocking the Canucks... just mocking silly posts