Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by 2Fingers »

Mick you really worry me.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 12:32 pm Mick you really worry me.
Something you don't understand Reef? I puke at the idea of Malkin to the Canucks for Horvat.
Even though the rumor is 100% fake...right Reef?
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

far-fetched, but just to imagine a sec....
Petey-Boeser
Goldy-Malkin-Podkolzin

------
anyways

EastVan's own Milan Lucic reminiscing of playing for the Canucks before he's retired.
This in from Milan Lucic, talking on Sportsnet 650 in Vancouver about maybe finishing his career in his hometown Vancouver: “That’s definitely something I wouldn’t rule out. It’s obviously something that potentially could happen. Like you said, things haven’t gone that well for me here with the Oilers. Especially the last year and a half. So a new GM, new coach, which haven’t even been named yet, coming in. You don’t even know what their plan is moving forward, and stuff like that. Like I said, it’s definitely something that could potentially happen. Whatever has happened from 2011 (Boston vs Vancouver in the playoffs) and all that type of stuff, I think for me especially it’s all water under the bridge, as far as the tension after all that.

It’s still a place I love to come home to. It’s still a place I love to go visit. I think the Canucks right now are a very exciting team. I love what Jim’s done as far as building the team within through the draft and developing players. He’s done a great job of that. I think Travis has done a really good job as well from a coaching stand point. Like I said, it’s an exciting team and it’s a growing team and you never know what the future has in store for you.

“I remember doing an interview back in ’07 before the Mem Cup and I said it would always be a dream of mine to some day play for the Canucks. You still have that kid inside of you. You still have that dream of playing for your home town team.

And like I said you never know what the future has in store and what potentially can happen.”

https://edmontonjournal.com/sports/hock ... t-rule-out
eriksson for looch
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

He wants to come home. Eriksson for Looch is an acceptable move for both sides so make it happen jimbro....at least he plays with some jam and wants to be in van.
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 1:46 pm He wants to come home. Eriksson for Looch is an acceptable move for both sides so make it happen jimbro....at least he plays with some jam and wants to be in van.
Edmonton would have to throw something else in due to the extra year of term and Looch hasn't exactly thrilled, and he's scored at a slower pace than Loui over the last 2 seasons. Looch doesn't kill penalties, and he hasn't exactly cashed in on the PP either.

But cap hits are a wash. So hey, why not.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Lucic is owed $19 million and isn't off the books until 2023, Eriksson $13 million, is off the books in 2022 and has less restrictive movement clauses.

Big and slow is not the way to go.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Topper wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:07 pm Lucic is owed $19 million and isn't off the books until 2023, Eriksson $13 million, is off the books in 2022 and has less restrictive movement clauses.

Lucic can't penalty kill, but hits a lot & is ferocious.
Eriksson can penalty kill, good IQ, but seems invisible a lot, & Green uses him 3rd/4th lines only.

Both scoring at the same clip, same cap, we got enough penalty killers soo..

lucic + 3rd for
eriksson + 6th

for taking on that extra yr.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

After the expansion draft sure, why not. But not before because his full NMC requires he be protected while Louie's NTC will be in effect and we don't need to protect him. Lucic sure is regretting his decision to play for Edmonton over Vancouver now.
The only HW the Canucks need
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Lucic has more on ice emotion than Louis.
Last edited by Mickey107 on Thu May 02, 2019 6:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
"evolution"
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

micky107 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:33 pm Locic has more on ice emotion than Louis.
As does a ... puck :mex:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

rats19 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:41 pm
micky107 wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:33 pm Locic has more on ice emotion than Louis.
As does a ... puck :mex:
indeed.
"evolution"
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Looch = semenko?

Could he be that guy ?

I cant remember which wing he plays
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:28 pm
Topper wrote: Wed May 01, 2019 2:07 pm Lucic is owed $19 million and isn't off the books until 2023, Eriksson $13 million, is off the books in 2022 and has less restrictive movement clauses.

Lucic doesn’t scare anyone anymore, SKYO, the next gen speedy skilled kids who have changed the game have zero concern for the molasses dinosaur that Lucic is. It’s like speedy Gonzalez skating circles around the pilsbury dough boy
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:34 am

Lucic doesn’t scare anyone anymore, SKYO, the next gen speedy skilled kids who have changed the game have zero concern for the molasses dinosaur that Lucic is. It’s like speedy Gonzalez skating circles around the pilsbury dough boy
And why would we want to speed up Edmonton's rebuild by a year and at the same time, push our re-build back another year (I could see us having to trade a youngster coming off his elc due to cap issues in 4 years time)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu May 02, 2019 6:34 am

Flip side of that coin, the speedy gonzalez tampa bay lightning team got swept in the first round by the bigger CBJ.