Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 18-19 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Please provide proof I called any of those other guys studs
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

I wonder what trading away Hutton could get at the trade deadline as far as a top line left winger for next season?
The Canucks have okay depth on left defense if Edler resigns and Hughes signs. They could sign a depth left side defenseman in the off season and have Sautner, Tryamkin, and Brisebois for depth. It they could get a top winger it might be worth the move.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Cherry Picker wrote: Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:18 pm I wonder what trading away Hutton could get at the trade deadline as far as a top line left winger for next season?
The Canucks have okay depth on left defense if Edler resigns and Hughes signs. They could sign a depth left side defenseman in the off season and have Sautner, Tryamkin, and Brisebois for depth. It they could get a top winger it might be worth the move.
Why spend 4 seasons developing and living through the mistakes of a young defence man and trade him just as he's turning the corner into an NHL D-man? Whose to say Tryamkin is coming back? He showed up to camp in 2016 resembling Big Country Reeves and ran home to mother Russia before his contract even expired. Make him stay in Russia until his current contract is up and tell him then he can make $40 million+ in his career in the NHL but he must show up to camp at 240 lb in shape. Until then, fuck him. Edler wants a four year deal, probable wants NMC as well. For an aging, now injury prone D-man, he isn't going to get that anywhere. So whose to say he signs here? Have Sautner and Brisbois shown they're NHL ready? I haven't seen it. If you haven't noticed, Hutton and Stetcher, two young defence men who have struggled in their NHL development have had to play big minutes in the absence of Edler and Tanev. They've acquitted themselves well. I have no problem trading them if it makes the team better but I don't see how trading Hutton for a forward helps the team if there is no one in the organization or on the free agent market to replace him..

You do know there were posters here advocating trading Horvath for P.K. Subban and Boeser for McAvoy or Seth Jones, don't you? Shows how thin our D is. Why make it thinner?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm sticking my neck out and guessing Benning does this; Image
within the next few days...
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hopefully Elmer isn’t on a bender this weekend.

Seems to be a decent market out there for depth players.

Pretty good time to thin out the herd
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Ole Jimbro is a trickster, like a combination of Blondie from the Good, the Bad, the Ugly and Cool Hand Luke. He’s got everyone fooled except Doc, Dude and Tops.

Jimbro has got shit figured out. Ahead of the curve
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Fri Feb 22, 2019 9:51 pm Ole Jimbro is a trickster, like a combination of Blondie from the Good, the Bad, the Ugly and Cool Hand Luke. He’s got everyone fooled except Doc, Dude and Tops.

Jimbro has got shit figured out. Ahead of the curve
I think he’s more of a combination of Lennie Small and Jim Ignitowski
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

micky107 wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:36 pm I'm sticking my neck out and guessing Benning does this; Image
within the next few days...
Sounds very Goldobinish type player
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

His amateur acouting is on point but I'd say his pro scouting dept is lacking. Has Bennings regime flat out won a trade yet involving pros?
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 am His amateur acouting is on point but I'd say his pro scouting dept is lacking. Has Bennings regime flat out won a trade yet involving pros?
Not only that. The free agent signings have been mostly poor as well. Fire most if not all of the pro scouting staff.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

I smell ron delormes "aftershave" all over their transaction history.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:29 am His amateur acouting is on point but I'd say his pro scouting dept is lacking. Has Bennings regime flat out won a trade yet involving pros?
If by pros you must mean the fringe players, cause I can't think of a trade that involved a pro that isn't getting benched multiple times a year.
The talent level is at the point were the sideways trades for underachieving projects is a little pointless. There's enough underachieving ufa's
taking roster spots as it is,the team needs a couple of producing L wingers and proven puck moving RHD's.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Ya its a mess. What are the chances anyone would bite on eriksson? He is a huge fuckup and his 2 goals a year or whatever is an embarrassment. We would probably need to throw in a pick ffs
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Shinkaruk for Granlund
2nd for Baertschi
Carcone for Leivo
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 10:45 am Ya its a mess. What are the chances anyone would bite on eriksson? He is a huge fuckup and his 2 goals a year or whatever is an embarrassment. We would probably need to throw in a pick ffs
slim to none,they either ride out his contract or buy him out