Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4436
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am

Hey; Per.
I'm pissed off at Par.
"evolution"

User avatar
Per
CC Legend
Posts: 3561
Joined: Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:45 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Per » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am

micky107 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am
Hey; Per.
I'm pissed off at Par.
Huh? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4436
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:54 am

Per wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am
micky107 wrote:
Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am
Hey; Per.
I'm pissed off at Par.
Huh? :|
https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey ... 8ef7858901

And, (but), the rest, as they say, is history.
No doubt the Leafy line-up is easier to crack then ours. ;)
"evolution"

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4436
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:14 pm

Image

I guess there's no accounting for taste, (mine), but I could actually live with this. :crazy:
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9286
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by SKYO » Tue Sep 25, 2018 9:36 am

Sautner and Boucher survive the waiver wire and head to Utica as per Rick Dwahliwal. (sp)
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am

Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.

I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume, probably worth more to the Nucks in teaching the kids than they are on the open market.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17150
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Strangelove » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:35 am

Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am
Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.
^ False premise leads to...

Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am
I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume
... false conclusion ^
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10781
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:55 am

Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am
Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.

I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume, probably worth more to the Nucks in teaching the kids than they are on the open market.
Good points

Sutter might fetch a third at the deadline. Beagle is overpaid and over extended
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1164
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 7:48 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 11:51 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:55 am
Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am
Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.

I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume, probably worth more to the Nucks in teaching the kids than they are on the open market.
Good points

Sutter might fetch a third at the deadline. Beagle is overpaid and over extended
Ya Beagle isn't going anywhere, he's here for at least a couple of years. Don't mind having him around, he's good for the kids and will take a bit of pressure off. Sutter I have always said I'm not a fan of, hopefully he's not around in Van much longer. Vanilla is the best way to describe him, he does nothing badly and also nothing well. I'd take Smith over him but definitely don't need both, so I expect we will pass on Smith.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10781
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:18 pm

That’s the thing. These bottom six guys and bottom pairing d man are available every year for cheap after July 4 or at training camp/PTO/waiver wire. There’s no need to tie these guys up to massive long term deals.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9286
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by SKYO » Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Center is the hardest position to play up front, especially defensively, the Penguins are constantly looking for bottom six centers on the cheap, but can't afford to pay up for em.

I think it's a vital spot for our forwards to shore up on, and having Sutter/Beags will be a good foundation moving forward to help Horvat concentrate on scoring and to assist Pettersson and Gaudette transition slowly to the core center spot these next few years.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4436
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Beagle is a decent pick-up. No problem with a Stanley cup winning center.
Particularly one that comes to camp, (after a short summer), pretty much in the best shape of anyone.

Hell; he could probably be a playing coach and do a far better job than travis and co.
"evolution"

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10781
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:26 pm

micky107 wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm


Hell; he could probably be a playing coach and do a far better job than travis and co.
Sure he could
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4833
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Uncle dans leg » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:21 pm

SKYO wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm
Center is the hardest position to play up front, especially defensively, the Penguins are constantly looking for bottom six centers on the cheap, but can't afford to pay up for em.

I think it's a vital spot for our forwards to shore up on, and having Sutter/Beags will be a good foundation moving forward to help Horvat concentrate on scoring and to assist Pettersson and Gaudette transition slowly to the core center spot these next few years.
Doesnt signing Beagle render Sutter expendable for next trade deadline? Flip the birdman for picks!
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9286
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by SKYO » Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:55 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:21 pm
SKYO wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm
Center is the hardest position to play up front, especially defensively, the Penguins are constantly looking for bottom six centers on the cheap, but can't afford to pay up for em.

I think it's a vital spot for our forwards to shore up on, and having Sutter/Beags will be a good foundation moving forward to help Horvat concentrate on scoring and to assist Pettersson and Gaudette transition slowly to the core center spot these next few years.
Doesnt signing Beagle render Sutter expendable for next trade deadline? Flip the birdman for picks!
Nah, with the Canucks leading the league the past 3 years in man-games-lost, I'd rather have a couple vet two-way centers be able to hold the defensive fort down.

And that's also having two good penalty kill units, which will notably help Bo Horvat save his strength for scoring, similar to how Henrik's ice time was given - never killed penalties-just maybe jumped on with a few seconds left in the PK.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Post Reply