Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:29 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 am
Paul Bearer is a whiner. Lmfao
Where did u come up with Paul Bearer?
nobody forks...with the jesus

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am

What’s the lowdown on the new goalie coach? I ventured to hfboards to find info but I can’t handle that place.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:29 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:24 am
Paul Bearer is a whiner. Lmfao
Where did u come up with Paul Bearer?
That fat dude in Toronto was ragging on Jim’s dye job for the draft.

Hank
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hank » Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:36 am

Blob, you are the biggest Zealot here!

But the Paul Bearer thing, that's good. I laughed. Horrendous dye job... especially the brows.
Try to focus on 1 year from now...

SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:02 pm

Nando Eggenberger isn't going to the development camp.
Been advised that Nando Eggenberger picked up a minor "knock" in training the other day - thus is no longer attending #Canucks development camp.
— Ryan Biech
And then he got drafted in the import draft by the oshawa generals.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:53 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:30 am
It’s like driving to Penticton from Vancouver. Most people would take the Hope-Princeton or the Coquihalla and then the Connector. This management group would take the Fraser Canyon and go all the way to Prince George and then double back go across the 24 and then down through Kamloops and back through Merritt to Pechland. The mouth breathers here would have you believe that’s the most efficient way despite the 16 hours and three tanks of fuel It took to get there.
At this point I’ll just be happy if they finally arrive there and don’t end up huffing gas in Pink Mountain or Telegraph Creek.

BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough » Tue Jul 03, 2018 1:44 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 11:30 am
What’s the lowdown on the new goalie coach? I ventured to hfboards to find info but I can’t handle that place.
Cloutier to director of goaltending
Ian Clark - new goalie coach

http://dailyhive.com/vancouver/canucks- ... coach-2018

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:22 pm

Hockey Widow wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 6:55 pm
With the twins leaving we really have no choice, or are in a perfect position, depending upon your point of view, to have the young skilled guys get top six minutes and develop while in the NHL. The needs therefore shifted. We needed defence and grit to protect their development. That’s what Benning added.

Before UFA began one of the biggest questions was, who will replace the twin’s scoring? So I think people assumed Benning would try to add offence. Instead he answered that question by saying our young skilled guys will get a chance to do what we drafted/traded for them to do, score. That’s how he sees us replacing the twin’s production. If he had added 2-3 offensive players that would have guaranteed our young kids would be in Utica and our bottom six would include the likes of Dowd, not him but like him.

I don’t think he was trying to please Green. I think he just decided that now is the time to unleash some kids and that had to be balanced with adding defensive awareness and responsibility and grit.
Maybe the Pall Bearer is doing both, hit 2 birds with 1 stone so to speak. He's making Greener happy by bringing up some defensive minded guys, so Greener can coach to his strengths in the matchup game. The defensive guys will also play the tuff/heavy minutes, so it frees up the young guys to focus more on offense. Let's face it, most of our young guys were drafted/traded for their scoring ability, grit and checking not so much. One could argue that with the influx of the 3 new forwards, they will be taking ice and development time from some of our young guns. I won't be surprised if some of our young guys get traded/waived (ie: Golds, Gauncer, Motte, Leipsic), we don't really have the room for them now.

Oddly enuff, even though we had the Sedins last season, JB was still focusing more on adding offense (ie: Vanek, Gagner, Burmy). Only one out of those three guys had a decent season. It was going great when Greener could tap on that Grany-Sutter-Dorsett line to do the shutdown work, but when Dorsy was done and BoHo got injured, it threw a wrench in Green's options. Burmy and Gagner are not known for their defensive ability and the team just went down the tank.

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:44 pm

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:22 pm
Oddly enuff, even though we had the Sedins last season, JB was still focusing more on adding offense (ie: Vanek, Gagner, Burmy). Only one out of those three guys had a decent season. It was going great when Greener could tap on that Grany-Sutter-Dorsett line to do the shutdown work, but when Dorsy was done and BoHo got injured, it threw a wrench in Green's options. Burmy and Gagner are not known for their defensive ability and the team just went down the tank.
Yeah that’s what sewered our season. :roll:

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Hank wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:16 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 am
Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:11 am

Guess people just see what they want to - hilarious that this would be considered whining.
Yep...anything that goes against the grain of the cult is considered whining. Don’t question anything.
LOL, Blob. You've bombarded and continue to bombard this place with constant "questioning" whining... in almost every post.

Then a bunch of sheep chime in. And you're accusing of cultish behaviour? Yeah, Trump supporters accusing others of supporting Trump :roll:
Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:19 am
What’s an extra 2-3 seasons watching crappy hockey between friends right? Been 4 of the last 5 seasons that were awful hockey to watch (and yes I’ve watched at least 90% of the games, maybe more) so hopefully it gets better soon. Perhaps Pettersson will be that good this year and really hoping Hughes makes the team because his skill set is badly needed.
See Diehard? I think you are a reasonable poster. But your assertion of fans who have faith in what the team is doing (not necessarily pro-Benning) being like Trump supporters is silly. Shots like that back and forth then get completely out of hand.

What you just wrote, this is exactly what we're all thinking and hoping. We are where we are, it is what it is. We have a bright future... it just might require some extra patience to get there. I'd like to enjoy engaging in this here forum without seeing every other post about the usual. It's fucking tiresome, man.

Let's just see what happens when the season starts.
The comment about Trump supporters fits. If you can find me a pro-Benning poster on this board who has said something negative about one of his moves in the past couple of years I'll take it back, but I think it will be hard to do. If you're pro-Benning then everything is great, while it seems if you're anti-Benning it's a bit more measured - they almost all loved the Hughes pick but went a bit overboard on the FA signings. I'm in the middle as I've said before, I really like Jimbo and he seems like a really nice guy, so I'm hoping his latest moves work out. Again, I think I've said 3 or 4 times let's just see how the team looks in October, more moves to come so I'm not getting bent out of shape about what looks like a logjam.

Not really sure what you mean about the 'usual' - I don't engage in the back and forth here so that has nothing to do with me. I don't have time to post that often in order to respond back and forth like many do - that's not a shot at anybody, just saying it's not my thing.

Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:53 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:22 am
nuckster wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:54 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:26 am
Diehard1 wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 7:11 am

Guess people just see what they want to - hilarious that this would be considered whining.
Yep...anything that goes against the grain of the cult is considered whining. Don’t question anything.
Me thinks that there are a number of people who post here that recognize the cultish nature of a number of the posters, and choose to just ignore it (their spew). There's no point in trying to enlighten them - its kind if like dealing with Trump voters - they're dug in, and refuse to embrace information that runs counter to how they choose to see the world. So there's something to be said for practicing acceptance about the presence of the infallible JB club and let it go. I must say though, Blob sure has been persevering in putting up a good fight!
(I didn't realize that Diehard said essentially said the same thing re: comparison if trump supporters and benning zealots)
Hey, fun boys, get a room!

Lol Blob has called "Elmer" retarded (or words to that effect) hundreds of times.

Not surprising you two... and one other... consider him to be balanced.

(it's because you are almost as perverted as he is)

I and others may be overly optimistic fanatics, but the four of you are the biggest whiners in CC history!

Wake up and smell your own poop! :lol:
Interesting that you like to group me in as a 'whiner' - I guess having an opinion that differs from yours on many things makes one a 'whiner'. This place would be a lot more fun if there were fewer personal attacks and more hockey talk, but that's just me 'whining' again.

DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:06 pm

SO BACK ON TOPIC:

Archibald signed to a one year, two-way contract:
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu

Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:07 pm

Meds wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 2:44 pm
Yeah that’s what sewered our season. :roll:
Yeah man, after Burmy bolted back to Russia, it was game over for us. :P

Meds
CC Legend

Post by Meds » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:17 pm

The biggest “anti-Benning” posters here are probably Blobcat, Island, Reef, and myself, in that order. I don’t actually think that any of us are truly anti-Benning though, we just call a spade a spade one way or the other. It just appears that way because the gulping zealots are so bent, dare I say hellbent, on proclaiming him the genius managing messiah of the Canucks that the contrast between them and the realists has become so stark that anyone not grabbing their ankles and cheering on every move he makes and begging for more seems like a hater by comparison.

I’ll grant you that Island just likes to argue about everything for the sake of it, and Reef would probably take out a contract on Doc and Dude if he knew their true identities (it’s rumoured that Doc has many socks in real life too).....but I digress.

I actually consider myself in the camp of being a fan of Benning as a GM. There are 2 signings and 2 trades that I think outright suck, but overall he’s the best GM this organization has ever had outside of Quinn. I just tend to prefer reality to the ever obscure and moving goalposts of some others, and the “jello-on-the-wall” points of one in particular.

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:26 pm

Meds wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 4:17 pm
the gulping zealots
:lol:
nobody forks...with the jesus