Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 5thhorseman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:51 pm

^ You did notice that Gagne is sandwiched between two Utica shooters in Dahlen and Carcone?

User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 13381
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Hockey Widow » Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:55 pm

micky107 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 12:25 pm
micky107 wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 1:49 am
Gagne must be back in Utica?

https://twitter.com/uticacomets?lang=en
This part ;
@UticaComets
Nov 14
More
Gagne goes next....missed!

I have a feeling he's coming back due to the ridiculous pressure on Bo.
Hope I'm wrong cause I don't want this.
It is my opinion, (only mine), that he was a not so good influence.
I mean, Granlund can play center. Pettersson and Gaudette are centers. We, by the numbers, have enough but Green is putting out
Bo for any face off that has any, and I mean ANY, relative importance.
That tells me beyond a shadow of a doubt, Green and the Canuck organization are "ALL IN" for trying for a playoff spot this year.

Wrong Gagne Mick.
The only HW the Canucks need

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 5thhorseman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:10 pm

Mick's head holds facts like Bachman holds on to pucks.

viewtopic.php?p=319780#p319780

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:23 pm

5thhorseman wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:10 pm
Mick's head holds facts like Bachman holds on to pucks.

viewtopic.php?p=319780#p319780
W/E, so I made a mistake. Still think they're gonna bring the douche guy back.
"evolution"

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1093
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 5thhorseman » Fri Nov 16, 2018 2:50 pm

micky107 wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:23 pm
5thhorseman wrote:
Fri Nov 16, 2018 1:10 pm
Mick's head holds facts like Bachman holds on to pucks.

viewtopic.php?p=319780#p319780
W/E, so I made a mistake. Still think they're gonna bring the douche guy back.
I don't know about that. The Laughs did us a solid by taking Gagger when there wasn't enough room for him in Utica. Calling him up only to be sent down a short while later when our regulars return would be taking the piss a bit.

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks Goaltending Issue

Post by SKYO » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:32 pm

Can't wait till HOPEFULLY Demko and DiPietro are ready for some NHL action someday.
Canucks have dropped to 30th in both total goals allowed (73) & goals against/game (3.48).

Road trip wasn’t kind to them with MIN scoring 6 and BOS/NYI scoring 5
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11432
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks Goaltending Issue

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:48 pm

SKYO wrote:
Sat Nov 17, 2018 1:32 pm
Can't wait till HOPEFULLY Demko and DiPietro are ready for some NHL action someday.
Canucks have dropped to 30th in both total goals allowed (73) & goals against/game (3.48).

Road trip wasn’t kind to them with MIN scoring 6 and BOS/NYI scoring 5
I can’t wait until they can acquire some decent defencemen too
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11432
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:56 pm

Is that it for being above .500 this season?

The winning and points pctg is firmly in the bottom 3rd of the league. Teams will pass Vancouver as they make up their games in hand. I’ll stick with my original prediction of low 80s for points and it would represent a 7-10 point improvement if they can pull it off.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by SKYO » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 am

10 wins right now after 22 games and that's with a injury riddled team, if the team can get some health, they could in theory get around 40 wins.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5941
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Meds » Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:35 am

SKYO wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 am
10 wins right now after 22 games and that's with a injury riddled team, if the team can get some health, they could in theory get around 40 wins.
Which would put them in the low 80's for points. ;)

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7591
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Cornuck » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm

Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Sam Gagner from the Toronto Marlies.

Gagner, 29, has posted an average of one point per game, tallying 15 points (7-8-15) in 15 appearances with the Toronto Marlies this season.
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11432
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:18 pm

Lol wonderful. One step up and two steps back
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9501
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by SKYO » Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:51 pm

Meds wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 9:35 am
SKYO wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 1:20 am
10 wins right now after 22 games and that's with a injury riddled team, if the team can get some health, they could in theory get around 40 wins.
Which would put them in the low 80's for points. ;)
I'd guess high 80's - like 89, speaking of which...
Cornuck wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:16 pm
Vancouver Canucks General Manager Jim Benning announced today that the club has recalled forward Sam Gagner from the Toronto Marlies.

Gagner, 29, has posted an average of one point per game, tallying 15 points (7-8-15) in 15 appearances with the Toronto Marlies this season.
segue of the day!

Gagner probably comes back fucking pissed and scores like he does vs Chicago.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 11432
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:18 pm
Lol wonderful. One step up and two steps back
Unless maybe the team throws a bone to Utica and returns Adam Gaudette there.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4912
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by micky107 » Sun Nov 18, 2018 3:40 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 2:07 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Nov 18, 2018 12:18 pm
Lol wonderful. One step up and two steps back
Unless maybe the team throws a bone to Utica and returns Adam Gaudette there.
Saw this coming.
If they give Gag-puke Gaudette's position on the team, they should be charged with a PSC (professional sports crime).
"evolution"

Post Reply