Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Mickey107 »

Hey; Per.
I'm pissed off at Par.
"evolution"
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

micky107 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am Hey; Per.
I'm pissed off at Par.
Huh? :|
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Per wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 11:10 am
micky107 wrote: Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:46 am Hey; Per.
I'm pissed off at Par.
Huh? :|
https://ottawacitizen.com/sports/hockey ... 8ef7858901

And, (but), the rest, as they say, is history.
No doubt the Leafy line-up is easier to crack then ours. ;)
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I guess there's no accounting for taste, (mine), but I could actually live with this. :crazy:
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Sautner and Boucher survive the waiver wire and head to Utica as per Rick Dwahliwal. (sp)
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.

I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume, probably worth more to the Nucks in teaching the kids than they are on the open market.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.
^ False premise leads to...

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume
... false conclusion ^
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:10 am Zack Smith on waivers - essentially the same player as Sutter. He's also much more physical than Sutter, and gets paid over $1 million less per season. He's a better player than Beagle who we just signed in FA.

I know Ottawa is the tire fire of tire fires, but if Smith is literally worth nothing what are Sutter and Beagle worth? Not much I assume, probably worth more to the Nucks in teaching the kids than they are on the open market.
Good points

Sutter might fetch a third at the deadline. Beagle is overpaid and over extended
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 10:55 am

Good points

Sutter might fetch a third at the deadline. Beagle is overpaid and over extended
Ya Beagle isn't going anywhere, he's here for at least a couple of years. Don't mind having him around, he's good for the kids and will take a bit of pressure off. Sutter I have always said I'm not a fan of, hopefully he's not around in Van much longer. Vanilla is the best way to describe him, he does nothing badly and also nothing well. I'd take Smith over him but definitely don't need both, so I expect we will pass on Smith.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

That’s the thing. These bottom six guys and bottom pairing d man are available every year for cheap after July 4 or at training camp/PTO/waiver wire. There’s no need to tie these guys up to massive long term deals.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Center is the hardest position to play up front, especially defensively, the Penguins are constantly looking for bottom six centers on the cheap, but can't afford to pay up for em.

I think it's a vital spot for our forwards to shore up on, and having Sutter/Beags will be a good foundation moving forward to help Horvat concentrate on scoring and to assist Pettersson and Gaudette transition slowly to the core center spot these next few years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Beagle is a decent pick-up. No problem with a Stanley cup winning center.
Particularly one that comes to camp, (after a short summer), pretty much in the best shape of anyone.

Hell; he could probably be a playing coach and do a far better job than travis and co.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 1:12 pm

Hell; he could probably be a playing coach and do a far better job than travis and co.
Sure he could
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm Center is the hardest position to play up front, especially defensively, the Penguins are constantly looking for bottom six centers on the cheap, but can't afford to pay up for em.

I think it's a vital spot for our forwards to shore up on, and having Sutter/Beags will be a good foundation moving forward to help Horvat concentrate on scoring and to assist Pettersson and Gaudette transition slowly to the core center spot these next few years.
Doesnt signing Beagle render Sutter expendable for next trade deadline? Flip the birdman for picks!
If you need air...call it in
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 4:21 pm
SKYO wrote: Tue Sep 25, 2018 12:56 pm Center is the hardest position to play up front, especially defensively, the Penguins are constantly looking for bottom six centers on the cheap, but can't afford to pay up for em.

Doesnt signing Beagle render Sutter expendable for next trade deadline? Flip the birdman for picks!
Nah, with the Canucks leading the league the past 3 years in man-games-lost, I'd rather have a couple vet two-way centers be able to hold the defensive fort down.

And that's also having two good penalty kill units, which will notably help Bo Horvat save his strength for scoring, similar to how Henrik's ice time was given - never killed penalties-just maybe jumped on with a few seconds left in the PK.