Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 2Fingers »

Most players with a NT clause understands that it is business even with the clause to be asked to be traded.

I understand that it’s the hockey business that you have to do whatever you have to do to make the hockey team better,” Krejci said. “Obviously I don’t want to go anywhere. But [general manager Don Sweeney] has got to do what he’s got to do. [Hockey is a business] is what I’ve learned over the years. I love being here and I’ve got three years left, so for me it was just about getting ready to be the best player I can be

We should not worry so much asking players like Edler to move, it will not impact how other players think about the Canucks.

https://www.tsn.ca/krejci-didn-t-enjoy- ... -1.1167940
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Mëds wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:06 am
Hockey Widow wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:17 pm Bo knew Holly would say yes.

Congratulations to Bo and Holly on their engagement. in a few years we may have some little Bo's floating around.
BoHoHo?
Holly's about to become HoHo, once they have a kid you can call the trio HoHoHo.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:18 am Thanks, Todd.

Sounds older and wiser than I expected.
Doesn't seem like anyone's gonna fuck mess around with this guy's head.
Boy, he sounds like the Sedins when he talks.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:41 am

Lets hope he won't take a bitch slapping by Marchand
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Tiger wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 1:11 am
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 12:41 am

Lets hope he won't take a bitch slapping by Marchand
http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5239/videos

Don't worry.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:04 am http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5239/videos

Don't worry.
Much like Dorsett, Rousell seems like a gamer to drop the gloves and defend a teammate. He seems to fair quite well in most of his scraps as well. My biggest concern is just like Dorsett, he's a bit on the small side. Just hope he doesn't get sidelined with a major injury.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:19 pm
micky107 wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:04 am http://www.hockeyfights.com/players/5239/videos

Don't worry.
Much like Dorsett, Rousell seems like a gamer to drop the gloves and defend a teammate. He seems to fair quite well in most of his scraps as well. My biggest concern is just like Dorsett, he's a bit on the small side. Just hope he doesn't get sidelined with a major injury.
He doesn't have to necessarily win the fights, sticking up for the kids is what we need.

But the thing about Rousell is... he knows how to make it clear to the opposition:

"If you target our skill guys, we'll target yours"

Yeah, he a bit of an asshole like that. :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Iceman2014
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Iceman2014 »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Sep 05, 2018 7:19 am Most players with a NT clause understands that it is business even with the clause to be asked to be traded.

I understand that it’s the hockey business that you have to do whatever you have to do to make the hockey team better,” Krejci said. “Obviously I don’t want to go anywhere. But [general manager Don Sweeney] has got to do what he’s got to do. [Hockey is a business] is what I’ve learned over the years. I love being here and I’ve got three years left, so for me it was just about getting ready to be the best player I can be

We should not worry so much asking players like Edler to move, it will not impact how other players think about the Canucks.

https://www.tsn.ca/krejci-didn-t-enjoy- ... -1.1167940
I have never worried about any such thing and nor should the GM. I want to see them ice the best team possible or set us up to ice a good team in the near future. If the player is butt-hurt by it then boo hoo...cry me a river. It's part of the business. Most people have to deal with moves like that at work and are not compensated for it. I've had friends move across the country so they could make 20K more per year; others moved to Alberta for similar increases. I have no idea why people feel they need to worry about these things.

Now, Edler does have a NMC that an idiot GM gave him. So, he is well within his rights to sit here all year long. I'm hoping he consents to a deal and provides at least 2 teams on his trade list.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:41 am He doesn't have to necessarily win the fights, sticking up for the kids is what we need.

But the thing about Rousell is... he knows how to make it clear to the opposition:

Yeah, I just prefer a bigger dood for that role. I know that teams nowadays want a tough guy who can skate, not be a liability and play a regular shift. It's very hard to find a big dood who can bring all those ingredients.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:14 am
Strangelove wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 9:41 am He doesn't have to necessarily win the fights, sticking up for the kids is what we need.

Yeah, I just prefer a bigger dood for that role. I know that teams nowadays want a tough guy who can skate, not be a liability and play a regular shift. It's very hard to find a big dood who can bring all those ingredients.
At times, I can almost see it in Jake.
Guess almost doesn't count.
Still hoping.
"evolution"
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

micky107 wrote: Sat Sep 08, 2018 12:24 am At times, I can almost see it in Jake.
Guess almost doesn't count.
Still hoping.
Not sure Jake is much of a fighter though, but I think when Jake is on his game, he'll smoke guys with some big hits. Guys will have to keep their heads up when he's on the ice and he'll cause some nice turnovers for us.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

If Gadjovich can continue his development, he could be an ideal 3rd liner that plays hard, hits hard, pots the odd goal and sticks up for his mates.

Jonah Gaudette Virtanen would be a terrific checking line that could counter attack with the best of them. Speed, size and tenacity.
bckev
CC Veteran

Post by bckev »

I have heard from a reliable source that the youngstars will be back in Penticton again next year and that Calagary and Edmonton will be returning.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:19 pm

Don't worry.
Mine too for a slightly different reason. That's Beagle's LTIR spot in 2 years, as he turns 34 and we need more cap space :D :D :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

An interesting article in Toronto Sports Network.

https://www.tsn.ca/ten-points-to-ponder ... -1.1171957
How, exactly, will the same group of blueliners produce more offence than last season? One way to address the issue would have been to change personnel in the off-season. That did not happen. Not even a little. Quite remarkably, the team returns the same eight defencemen that underwhelmed a year ago and now the challenge is clearly to squeeze more out of the group.
What happened to the secondary-trade market Canucks general manager Jim Benning talked about after the draft in Dallas in June? There was much speculation (and I think plenty of hope) that the Canucks may work a deal or two on the draft floor in Big D. But the Canucks go into camp in Whistler without having made a dent in the trade market since last year’s deadline. Does that indicate the players they’d be inclined to move have little or no value?