Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:30 pm Cool so that’s it folks. The blueline has already been addressed
Well it's certainly not unaddressed like your little bumbuddy was saying...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 pm Yeah for the upcoming draft going to need to veer away from picking D even if BPA cause the cupboard is just too full of blue chip D.
Now there's a quantum leap of logic!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:12 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 4:30 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 3:50 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:35 pm On D, the coaches and management cannot deny any longer that there is some massive issues and I believe JB can address these in the next 2 years.
Hughes, Juolevi, Tryamkin... Woo?

It's already been addressed.
Cool so that’s it folks. The blueline has already been addressed
Yeah for the upcoming draft going to need to veer away from picking D even if BPA cause the cupboard is just too full of blue chip D.
Lol

And they should ONLY make the allotted number of picks in any year because the system is overcrowded with high end prospects at every position
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Did someone say stop drafting defencemen, I must have missed it...
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 5:28 pm Did someone say stop drafting defencemen, I must have missed it...
Who knows what you are saying?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 9:05 pm Who knows what you are saying?
Certainly not you Mr Whoosh...
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Top Canucks players in points
EP
Bo
& Goldy

top 3 goal scorers
Petey
Horvat
Virtanen - bro has 8 goals in 23 games, could get around 25-30 goals at this rate.

Stecher the low man on the pole is still 2nd in D points, Hutton leads the way.
Guddy 3rd.

You don't want know the goalie stats, except maybe Nilssons.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

I think we all know the D needs work, and quite a bit of it. Yes it's good that Hughes and Juolevi are coming, perhaps with one more top 2 guy drafted in the next draft or two they'll be good to go.

The forwards have quite a few young guys still developing who could be contributors - Dahlen, Lind, Jasek, MacEwen, Lockwood, etc - but likely still need another top 6 guy or two before they have the depth to compete as well.

Goaltending has plenty of prospect depth with Demko and Dipietro, just need to wait until they are ready.

The team is still a work in progress - they need a bit more of everything but for the first time in a number of years seem to be on the right track. It will take a bit more time, and I'm quite enjoying watching the kids play. This is what you get though, the team will have massive swings in play because the kids just don't have the experience to keep it up for a full season yet.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Jets, very recently were in no different of a place than where Vancouver is now. The pieces are coming together like it did for them. Like Diehard says, it's a process. We are witnessing the 1-2 years unfold right before our eyes, it's a beautiful thing. Get on the Benning Train, the man knows a thing or two. Jimbro will bring this city Lord Stanley like no GM has before. In Benning we Trust

You think Boeser and Pettersson has put this team on another level? Wait til Hughes arrives. Boeser last year, Pettersson this year, Hughes next year. Insanity!
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

This is the thread I seem to get in the most dog doo-doo on so what the hell;
I have absolutely nothing to back this up. No links, no interviews, nothing save a gut feeling.
I'm a little concerned that Travis Green has the owner's ear over Jim Benning, at least right now.
It's something that makes me nervous.
Probably nothing, just can't shake it.
I know "all" the interviews are very; Everyone's on the same page.
Hope that's true.
"evolution"
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

micky107 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:16 pm This is the thread I seem to get in the most dog doo-doo on so what the hell;
I have absolutely nothing to back this up. No links, no interviews, nothing save a gut feeling.
I'm a little concerned that Travis Green has the owner's ear over Jim Benning, at least right now.
Hope that's true.
Check your Mëds, Mick

Do you have the lights turned off? Have you parked a chair beside the window? Closed the curtains, peering out through a little slit in the curtains, for hours on end, keeping an eye out for the Po...lice?

Ask Blobbee about this, he will be able to walk you through this to get you back on track again.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

micky107 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:16 pm This is the thread I seem to get in the most dog doo-doo on so what the hell;
Hope that's true.
I know for a fact Jim and Travis are very close. Also Reddit had a q and a with botch and he seems to think Benning wants to trade tyramkins rights. Not sure if botch knows what he’s talking about though
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:13 pm
Hope that's true.
I know for a fact Jim and Travis are very close. Also Reddit had a q and a with botch and he seems to think Benning wants to trade tyramkins rights. Not sure if botch knows what he’s talking about though
Jim Benning said something in an interview long after Tryamkin was gone that gave me the sense that Jimbro does not like Tryamkin. Something like "we have no idea where his head is at, you'll have to ask him that", can't remember exactly. I just get the feeling that the Canucks don't want him back, all relating to his attitude. Also, there were some key member Canuck players on defense who do not like him and something tells me it's Edler and Tanev. I would not be surprised to see his rights dealt to an eastern team who feel they will be a cup contending team with an element of current and influential Russian players and may pay a lot for those rights, like a Tampa Bay (Kucherov), Washington (Ovechkin, Kuznetsov, Orlov)
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 3:13 pm I know for a fact Jim and Travis are very close. Also Reddit had a q and a with botch and he seems to think Benning wants to trade tyramkins rights. Not sure if botch knows what he’s talking about though
Gosh, I hope not. Tryamkinsaurus was one of my fave Nucks, would h8 to lose him. Just having Guddy alone is not enuff. *hehe* JB doesn't seem to like players who have baggage and may not be fully committed though(ie: we saw that in Kassassian). On the other hand, JB seemed to have a hard on for big D-men in the past though (ie: the Chara, Myers, Pedan, Guddy, Tryamkin types). Hopefully he sees that his D is too small and would give Tryamkin another chance.
SKYO wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 10:08 pm Stecher the low man on the pole is still 2nd in D points, Hutton leads the way.
Guddy 3rd.
Greener gives a lot of 1st unit PP time to Pooalot. Considering Hutty is our leading point producing D-man, I'd like to see him use Hutty there more. Hutty was pretty smart and made some beaut feeds to set up Petey for the one timers the past couple games. Also, with Guddy and Troy Soldier having more points than Pooalot, I really think Pooalot should not be on the 1st unit. Poos does have a good shot and makes some good passes and I know Greener has a soft spot for him, so I think some 2nd unit PP time would be more fitting.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Tue Nov 20, 2018 2:28 pm
Hope that's true.
Check your Mëds, Mick

Do you have the lights turned off? Have you parked a chair beside the window? Closed the curtains, peering out through a little slit in the curtains, for hours on end, keeping an eye out for the Po...lice?

Ask Blobbee about this, he will be able to walk you through this to get you back on track again.
Something tells me you are doing peaky blinders a few nights a week. How does Mrs Dude feel when Rosie Rottencrotch stops by with a flap and you guys don’t sleep for three days. Lay off brother you’re going hit the fentanyl load one of these days.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”