Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 2Fingers »

I am sad, I open myself and share my feelings and I get ripped like this.

Sigh

But the main point was the fact that when we were young, before the internet (at least high speed), we had balls and just shook it off and continued to play.

Hey Mick post something silly so they go after you again.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Don't worry Reef- why it was only yesterday, Blobby was accused of gluing pubes to his skull to hid the bald spot. It all goes 'round.

On deck.... Mick - for posting tons of images and links with no description... :bang:
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm I am sad, I open myself and share my feelings and I get ripped like this.

Sigh

But the main point was the fact that when we were young, before the internet (at least high speed), we had balls and just shook it off and continued to play.

Hey Mick post something silly so they go after you again.
I'll try and help.

How could Ganger be any worse than Eriksson? I mean the guy doesnt even need a stick out there.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:06 pm I am sad, I open myself and share my feelings and I get ripped like this.
With friends like this ... its best to have a sense of humour.

Fortunately, they're easily distracted.

Well, ... maybe not easily enough. :lol:
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 4:19 pm Don't worry Reef- why it was only yesterday, Blobby was accused of gluing pubes to his skull to hid the bald spot. It all goes 'round.

On deck.... Mick - for posting tons of images and links with no description... :bang:
Or....Mick - for posting tons of images and links that "some" need descriptions for... :bang:

Would've just FYP but I do not have all the same keys as you.
"evolution"
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Does it seem like we have problems maintaining pressure in the offensive zone? Also of note, first pass out of our zone is usually pretty bad. Which I mean is what we were all expecting.

Still excited to hit the Jackpot.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carlyee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am Does it seem like we have problems maintaining pressure in the offensive zone? Also of note, first pass out of our zone is usually pretty bad. Which I mean is what we were all expecting.

We definitely have a pretty slow defense that fumbles and bobbles pucks in our own end. Fortunately reinforcements are coming
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 am
Carlyee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:07 am Does it seem like we have problems maintaining pressure in the offensive zone? Also of note, first pass out of our zone is usually pretty bad. Which I mean is what we were all expecting.

We definitely have a pretty slow defense that fumbles and bobbles pucks in our own end. Fortunately reinforcements are coming
Juolevi and Hughes should help tremendously on the outlet pass, mind you, gotta have someone to pass to.
We do get scrambling in our own end too much. That has to change or the scouting book on us will be out, if it isn't already, and that just makes it worse.
I do see some improvement this year but still need more work on a five man unit defensively.
I have been pleasantly surprised with Jake in the D-zone. That speed shows well.
"evolution"
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

It does and it is.

Seeing a great pass out of the D-zone (like Pouliot’s to Bo last night) really contrasts with the not-so-good passing we usually get to see exiting the D-Zone. Would be nice if Pouliot could replicate the former on a regular basis.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.capfriendly.com/players/elias-pettersson

Not too shabby an entry level for Elias.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

So whats the word? Is sneaky pete back tomorrow?
If you need air...call it in
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 10:34 am
Uncle dans leg wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 9:16 am

Juolevi and Hughes should help tremendously on the outlet pass, mind you, gotta have someone to pass to.
We do get scrambling in our own end too much. That has to change or the scouting book on us will be out, if it isn't already, and that just makes it worse.
I do see some improvement this year but still need more work on a five man unit defensively.
I have been pleasantly surprised with Jake in the D-zone. That speed shows well.
I am excited about those 2 as well. What I'm not excited for is the lack of goals if we don't figure out how to establish time and pressure in the opponents end. We are not gonna score on the rush 4-5 times a game all season long.

Over all I am enjoying the games though. It's nice to have hope for the future.
sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by sagebrush »

Carlyee wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 2:35 pm
Over all I am enjoying the games though. It's nice to have hope for the future.
Pettersson's skill is entertaining. More kids are on the way.

This season's Canucks have shown more speed, sand, face-off wins, & defensive support from the forwards (our D needs all the help it can get). The loss of Beagle has hurt all these areas (he is missed). He is also a good role model for the kids.

Things are more interesting than last year.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... concussion

Man, what is this guy trying to do? Trying to make me lose more sleep?

Attention hungry or a realistic concern?

I respect his expertise but he is only looking at a video replay while the team doctor has first hand xrays and physical exam.

HW what's going on with Pettersson!?
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Oct 19, 2018 8:44 pm https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... concussion

Man, what is this guy trying to do? Trying to make me lose more sleep?

Attention hungry or a realistic concern?

I respect his expertise but he is only looking at a video replay while the team doctor has first hand xrays and physical exam.

HW what's going on with Pettersson!?
hes a chiropractor. What do you expect?
The only HW the Canucks need