Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Aaronp18 »

Canucks aren't playing video games so they're trolling Matheson in their spare time now.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
nuckster
MVP
MVP

Post by nuckster »

Happy Cannabis Day to y'all!
Was never certain we would ever see the day when legalization would happen - so even though its a work night, i had to proudly stand in the front yard and greet this new reality bestowed upon us with a dubie. I'm proud of Canada for doing this. Anyways,

Maybe i can kill two birds on one occasion here: gotta give JB credit for following thru with what he said he would do, and down Gagner went. Plus, there's no doubt that Green is quite happy to have decent skill/talent on thd 3rd and 4th.
I hope Nilsson continues to 'rock'

Time to spark another one
Last edited by nuckster on Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
cc oldtimer
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:41 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm Matheson getting death threats? Wtf?

Alright who's the psycho?
*everyone looks at Mick*

:look:

Don’t look! You might catch his murderous glare...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Guessing vs Gimli Gliders.

LINEUP: BAER-HORVAT-BOESER
ERIKSSON-GAUDETTE-GOLDY
ROUSSEL-SUTTER-VIRTANEN
SCHALLER-GRANNY-MOTTE

EDLER-TANEV
HUTTON-GUDDY
STECHER-POUILOT

NILSSON **
MARKSTROM
"evolution"
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:41 pm
Uncle dans leg wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:33 pm Matheson getting death threats? Wtf?

Alright who's the psycho?
*everyone looks at Mick*

:look:
Farhan, for sure.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:47 am
Carlyee wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 am Any word on why Gaudette's toi was kinda low?
low compared to what? I bet if it was compared to other rookies of other teams in their first game of the year, its right on target...
Other second line scoring centers, you know where is was penciled as a starter by the coach?
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

micky107 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:08 pm
Carlyee wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 11:33 am Any word on why Gaudette's toi was kinda low?
low compared to what? I bet if it was compared to other rookies of other teams in their first game of the year, its right on target...
What I saw, I thought he was not bad at all. Great stride, quick.
Maybe the plan was keep it short.
Wids thought maybe he wasn't using his team mates enough and Green didn't like that. Could be true but with the coach not giving a presser, (that I've heard of yet), can't say.
If he did get grounded, I might be a wee bit :evil: .
Actually it would be a little ironic because wasn't that almost exactly Goldobin's problem before Elias entered the picture?
Yeah I thought he looked decent. And why start him on the second line if you're just gonna double shift Bo. Seemed a little weird to me is all. Thought y'all might have heard something.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

A coworker was stating that in their opinion the EP slam was a hockey play and that no one should get concussed from such a move. So I invited him to the neighborhood Judo club on the condition that he let me throw him once. I taught him the break falls, which he didn't think he needed. Anyway one seoi nage was enough for him to call in sick this morning. I think his perspective changed. I'm sort of concerned about getting arrested today but I mean he signed the club waiver. Any lawyers in the crowd?
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Carlyee wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:13 am
micky107 wrote: Wed Oct 17, 2018 1:08 pm
What I saw, I thought he was not bad at all. Great stride, quick.
Maybe the plan was keep it short.
Wids thought maybe he wasn't using his team mates enough and Green didn't like that. Could be true but with the coach not giving a presser, (that I've heard of yet), can't say.
If he did get grounded, I might be a wee bit :evil: .
Actually it would be a little ironic because wasn't that almost exactly Goldobin's problem before Elias entered the picture?
Yeah I thought he looked decent. And why start him on the second line if you're just gonna double shift Bo. Seemed a little weird to me is all. Thought y'all might have heard something.
Did Gaudette score top shelf on his first shot?
No.
He's got to earn his ice time. :D

Trust the process.
The team was playing well, so I have no problem keeping him on short shifts until his offense clicks either here or in Utica.
I'm hoping he becomes more than a checker, but it is up to him to prove it.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Carlyee wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:30 am A coworker was stating that in their opinion the EP slam was a hockey play and that no one should get concussed from such a move. So I invited him to the neighborhood Judo club on the condition that he let me throw him once. I taught him the break falls, which he didn't think he needed. Anyway one seoi nage was enough for him to call in sick this morning. I think his perspective changed. I'm sort of concerned about getting arrested today but I mean he signed the club waiver. Any lawyers in the crowd?
Lol that's a great story! Maybe next you can demonstrate on Eric Francis?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Love it. That's awesome...sort of. There have been way too many idiots claiming Pettersson wouldn't have a concussion if he was bigger. The back of your head hits the ice, your brain slams into the inside of your skull = concussion. In fact, if you want to bring momentum into it, a bigger brain/skull might have made it worse. P = mv
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Carlyee wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:30 am ...Any lawyers in the crowd?
Check with Aaron.... he might have some leads. ;)
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Puck wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 9:04 am Love it. That's awesome...sort of. There have been way too many idiots claiming Pettersson wouldn't have a concussion if he was bigger. The back of your head hits the ice, your brain slams into the inside of your skull = concussion. In fact, if you want to bring momentum into it, a bigger brain/skull might have made it worse. P = mv
I held onto his arm and grabbed the back of his borrowed Gi so that he wouldn't scramble his brain. I just wanted to demonstrate that the mass of his body, combined with gravity and applied force/momentum can EASILY injure someone. I went about 1/4 speed on mats (but not the crash mat). So in reality the EP slam was far worse. I'm pretty certain he no longer believes uncontrolled throws on a hard surface are hockey plays.