Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Mickey107 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:21 pm
Topper wrote: Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:03 pm Baubles chimes in on the analytics. lol
Jvvvgfftyhlsgjkofrsbbhhsdt
Your search - jvvvgffyhlsgikofrsbbhhsdt - did not match any documents.

Suggestions:

Make sure that all words are spelled correctly.
Try different keywords.
Try more general keywords.
Footer links

Damn.
"evolution"
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

Can I just say that I hate the all-star break. It's the worst! Nothing interesting happens, there's limited news around the rest of the league. Dude, Blobl and Strange continue their never-ending hatfield and mccoy feud except there's nothing new to inject into it.

Here in Australia, for rugby league they have something much much better. It's called the 'State of Origin' where the best players from New South Wales play against the best players from Queensland. They play best of 3 and the games get very heated and it generates truly exciting rugby.
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

thing about Gudbranson is, this is his first injury free season since arriving here.
Would i like a upgrade? Sure, but things are too thin on the right side to let him go just yet.
And,dare i say, his play has improved a little bit lately.
Lets not forget the guy is only 25 years old and basically lost two seasons of development due to injury.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 6:37 am thing about Gudbranson is, this is his first injury free season since arriving here.
Would i like a upgrade? Sure, but things are too thin on the right side to let him go just yet.
And,dare i say, his play has improved a little bit lately.
Lets not forget the guy is only 25 years old and basically lost two seasons of development due to injury.
Gudbranson is 27. He’s been in the league for 8 seasons. He is what he is
Last edited by Blob Mckenzie on Fri Jan 25, 2019 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Press day.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

I'm only posting this because I just saw it. Doubt it means much and it's not surprising considering how much rhetoric was flying around
Tuesday and Wednesday about the line-up. Ya never know though...

Jan. 24, 2019) at 9:09 pm:
"Sportsnet 650 Vancouver show Rintoul and Walker just reported that they have been told that the Canucks are not actively shopping Virtanen but due to numerous interest from teams, they are listening to offers on Jake Virtanen.
They also speculated that should the Canucks move on from Virtanen, the asking return and their #1 goal is to improve and re-vamp the defence.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:05 pm I'm only posting this because I just saw it. Doubt it means much and it's not surprising considering how much rhetoric was flying around

"Sportsnet 650 Vancouver show Rintoul and Walker just reported that they have been told that the Canucks are not actively shopping Virtanen but due to numerous interest from teams, they are listening to offers on Jake Virtanen.
They also speculated that should the Canucks move on from Virtanen, the asking return and their #1 goal is to improve and re-vamp the defence.
I hate this shit.

Newsflash: All NHL GMs are "listening to offers" on almost all players all of the time!

"They also speculated that... " . Really? :scowl: Does anyone care what these dingbats speculate about??

Not picking on you Mick, I hate this shit, but that's probably just me...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

micky107 wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:05 pm I'm only posting this because I just saw it. Doubt it means much and it's not surprising considering how much rhetoric was flying around

I hope they are listening to offers on every player in the organization outside of Horvat or Petterson.... maybe Brock in that category.... still unsure
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:29 pm

I hate this shit.

Newsflash: All NHL GMs are "listening to offers" on almost all players all of the time!

"They also speculated that... " . Really? :scowl: Does anyone care what these dingbats speculate about??

Not picking on you Mick, I hate this shit, but that's probably just me...
Agreed, ever since Sports has their own stations they need to fill 24 hours a day with something.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 1:48 pm

I hope they are listening to offers on every player in the organization outside of Horvat or Petterson.... maybe Brock in that category.... still unsure
I'd listen on all offers on everyone except petey, boeser, hughes, demko/dipietro.

Everyone should be available for the right deal.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 25, 2019 3:19 pm

I'd listen on all offers on everyone except petey, boeser, hughes, demko/dipietro.

Everyone should be available for the right deal.
Vancouver media win awards for nothing other than restating the bloody obvious.

NEWSFLASH.. CANUCKS MANAGEMENT DOING THEIR JOBS!!!

I rarely dial in as I live overseas because the local talent is so bad. The injection of players as pundits has improved things as they tend to tell the jobbers what's what, but still, somehow Botchford and Price are hanging around despite being idiots.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I wouldn’t be so sure about Bo’s security here

Think Johansen C for Jones D

You could get some serious return back for a young centre in Bo.

Lots of good centres in the first half of the 2019 first round (to replace Bo). We have Gaudette in the wings. The 2019 first round is shite on wingers and right shot D-men
Last edited by Chef Boi RD on Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:10 am, edited 3 times in total.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

The fact that teams are calling about Virtanen sends a couple of messages to me:

-Other teams value what Jake brings on the ice - he’s a valuable commodity.

-Other teams think he could be available. Either they think he’s being under-utilized or misused.

For all the bashing of Virtanen here and picking him, it’s become evident that other teams would like to have him on their squad - they’re looking for an asset, not a deal. I wonder if teams are calling Chevy about Ehlers...

Not that he’s an untouchable, but IMO he’s about as close as one gets.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

That being said I believe there are too many outside distractions for Virtanen playing in his hometown, wouldn’t be shocked if he’s moved. He’s just not as focused as localites who succeeded as a Canuck like your Cliff Ronnings etc. Jake is a bit too flakey for that

Listening to offers isn’t shocking, GMs are talking all the time, kicking tires, it’s as breaking news as saying “humans will shit at least once a day”
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:06 am That being said I believe there are too many outside distractions for Virtanen playing in his hometown, wouldn’t be shocked if he’s moved. He’s just not as focused as localites who succeeded as a Canuck like your Cliff Ronnings etc. Jake is a bit too flakey for that

Listening to offers isn’t shocking, GMs are talking all the time, kicking tires, it’s as breaking news as saying “humans will shit at least once a day”
This is a really good post