Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by 5thhorseman »

Jake really needs to be on a line with a playmaking centre. He's not learning anything with his one-man show that results in an odd goal every now and then. It's just a waste right now.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

micky107 wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 11:39 am Now, after pre-game skate, SUTTER IS BACK IN.

Nobody wants to say anything but apparently, just to make matters worse, a flu bug is making it's rounds.
Not the BIG ONE, just a tummy-trouble one.
No, I won't put up a pic for that. Yet.
Can’t help but think of Lou during the ‘07 playoffs against Anaheim.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:04 am Loading up the Pettersson line is exciting but poor Bo. Who is he playing with?
TBH I believe BB on the same line as EP is not going to pay dividends unless someone actually hustles into the corner to fish out the puck. Which is why having NG on that line is a head scratcher.

Green is handcuffing his best players.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Carlyee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:18 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 10:04 am Loading up the Pettersson line is exciting but poor Bo. Who is he playing with?
TBH I believe BB on the same line as EP is not going to pay dividends unless someone actually hustles into the corner to fish out the puck. Which is why having NG on that line is a head scratcher.

Goldobin and Pettersson showed good chemistry together. That’s why he’s on that line. Perhaps Boeser is the wrong fit for the very reason you pointed out. I like Dude’s idea, put Rousell with Goldobin and Pettersson.
The only HW the Canucks need
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:50 pm
Carlyee wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:18 pm

Goldobin and Pettersson showed good chemistry together. That’s why he’s on that line. Perhaps Boeser is the wrong fit for the very reason you pointed out. I like Dude’s idea, put Rousell with Goldobin and Pettersson.
I missed that suggestion but I really like it! Also why not put Jake with Bo. They both bang and have decent wheels.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm Jake really needs to be on a line with a playmaking centre. He's not learning anything with his one-man show that results in an odd goal every now and then. It's just a waste right now.
I'm growing weary on what to do with JV, I'm just going to chill on homeboy for now as the team is in rebuild mode, and having a guy like him (size, hitting prowess, speed to burn and the uncanny ability to hit a thousand crossbars and posts), he's a good young fella to have around during the rebuild.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Off the wall;

Roussel--Horvat--Boeser

Gaudette--Pettersson--Virtanen
or
Granlund

I think of Jake's speed and drive to the net capabilities and Pettesson's see the whole ice, thread a pass through anything and put it on the stick capabilities and, well, since it appears to be a year of experimentation anyways...

The reason I don't have Goldy up there is because I see old bad habits creeping into his game a little.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

I'm liking Gaudette's to a scoring wing. We know he is progressing nicely as a bottom center, but why not see if he has some offence in him?

It's easier for true centers to play wing than the other way around.

I'm also near my end with the Goldy experiment. Totally ambivalent, just waiting for Dahlen (hopefully) to make him expendable.

But why not give JV a few games with EP to see if he has ANY offensive chemistry or potential at all? At the very least, it should pump up the kid's confidence.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

If EP can make Loui into an all-star, he should be able to work with just about any - Jake... me... you... anyone with a pair of skates? The kid is that good.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Exactly. Weren't we all upset because Kassian never got enough time with the twins?

Give the guy a chance. Quit holding JV back, Greener!

It's not like the twins gifting 2 goals to Wade Brookbank, ffs.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:17 pm Jake really needs to be on a line with a playmaking centre. He's not learning anything with his one-man show that results in an odd goal every now and then. It's just a waste right now.
He learning what is expected every shift from linemate Rousel
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Jake's two-way game has also vastly improved since entering the league.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

BladesofSteel wrote: Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:40 pm Jake's two-way game has also vastly improved since entering the league.
Exactly, he doing well alright on the third line.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

At some point Virtanen needs a run either playing with Horvat or playing with Petterson. Jake has improved to the point where you can see he will be a third line winger at worst. But unless he gets a chance to play with some offensive players that’s all he may ever be. There should be room for him in that top 6 with Baertschi out.

It’s nice to see the air thief on the 4th line where he belongs. Once everyone is healthy he should be scratched every so often.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”