Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Dude at the newsstand
Attachments
JPEG image.jpeg
JPEG image.jpeg (7.34 KiB) Viewed 4549 times
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

1 good thing is that I believe the Nucks and Green understands that fans will not tolerate a team with no balls. Hopefully he learns something from this and the genius needs more assholes right Doc?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 pm He got two games more than I thought he would. I am glad he was suspended.there will be debate about whether two games was enough, or too much. Not everyone will be pleased. Personally I will accept it. No amount of games can undo the hit or consequences but at least it is something.
After Kadri bonked Sedin in the head with no repercussions, I'll happily accept the 2 game suspension for Matheson and now he has a 'record' so to speak with the league and will be monitored closely from now on, plus to watch out for his can openers he likes to do to players behind their backs, low-key cheap shot artist.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:42 pm I won’t be surprised if we see a different player in Petterson when he comes back, and not for the better. Confidence is a funny thing, Elias had a lot of it, let’s see how much of it he has left when he returns.
He will be fine. He is tiny though. His dad looks like a big strapping guy so maybe he will get bigger and stronger
it's been posted before but Elias' older bro Emil was draft at 19 being 6'1" and 158lbs, he's now 23 and 6'2" and 185lbs. Late bloomers they be!

https://www.vancourier.com/pass-it-to-b ... 1.23277398

If Elias grows another inch and puts on 20-25lbs to be about 190-195 imagine those skills with that size!
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

While Blob struggles through his Jenny Craig diet like a soldier trying to get under 240 lbs for the first time since he was 11 years old when he started mainlining Ding Dongs straight into his eyeballs, I will admit that after the Linden, Naslund and Sedin eras I am done with politically correct hockey in this town.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost »

sagebrush wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 2:11 pm Calgary’s Sportsnet 960 radio, launched a contest Monday morning asking listeners to “name the finishing move Matheson used on Patterson".
Te-guruma, or in this case, more like "Hokkēsutikku-guruma". Or, if you prefer, as some do, to fit a name from the traditional syllabus to every technique, sukui-nage.
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:53 pm but could do nothing to protect himself from the throw down.
There were a few things he could have done, and a young man with his degree of body control could learn them in a day, but most posters on this board insist that it would be a poor use of team resources for him to do so. Or maybe conceding defeat, I don't know.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Better than nothing. The shithead now has a record, no matter what his agent tries to say from now on.

Still, feels more like a fig-leaf measure on the league’s part. Don’t think he would have got any sanction had he been a Leaf, a King or a Bruin. Florida? They can take the suspension and shut their yap.

Still doesn’t take away from the fact the team has to address the matter of protecting each other out there.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Oct 15, 2018 5:48 pm He got two games more than I thought he would. I am glad he was suspended.there will be debate about whether two games was enough, or too much. Not everyone will be pleased. Personally I will accept it. No amount of games can undo the hit or consequences but at least it is something.
About what I expected, at least the league agreed it was an illegal play. Still not a fan of how the team responded but at least the league did its part.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Oh ya, So he gets it in the groin from behind to begin with. Insert + lift.

Think that would have affected a player of any weight, or at least distracted him.
Hadn't noticed how much of a difference that made.

2 games? Bullshit! 5.
These suspensions don't hurt enough. They should be accompanied be a team financial penalty to be paid to the victim's team.
Not chump change though. Like in this case; One million dollars.
The owner would be able to ask the player involved to pay. If he refused, the owner would have to pay.
Failure to pay would result in loss of first round pick for 2 consecutive years.
"evolution"
Carlyee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Carlyee »

micky107 wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:26 am
Oh ya, So he gets it in the groin from behind to begin with. Insert + lift.

Think that would have affected a player of any weight, or at least distracted him.
Hadn't noticed how much of a difference that made.

2 games? Bullshit! 5.
These suspensions don't hurt enough. They should be accompanied be a team financial penalty to be paid to the victim's team.
Not chump change though. Like in this case; One million dollars.
The owner would be able to ask the player involved to pay. If he refused, the owner would have to pay.
Failure to pay would result in loss of first round pick for 2 consecutive years.
Now you get what I am saying. Hit them where it hurts. Their bank account.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Did a little research. The last time a team got a talented 165 pound rookiewas nearly 40
years ago. He was well protected by 2 of the most feared enforcers in the game and went on to
have a long successful career.

Possibly Green should do the same for Pettersson ? We just might have another " Great One "
On our hands.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

Nah., I really don't think we ned 2 goons lik Semenko and Mcsorly on the Canucks.
But we do need to retaliate when someone attacks our best player.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Tiger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am Nah., I really don't think we ned 2 goons lik Semenko and Mcsorly on the Canucks.
But how about Darren Archibald...why is not on the team? He looked just fine to me at the end of last year and I think he should have made the team over say, Leipsic.
Archie is one guy I'm pretty sure who would stand up for his teammates no matter what.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Zedlee wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:19 am
Tiger wrote: Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:08 am Nah., I really don't think we ned 2 goons lik Semenko and Mcsorly on the Canucks.
But how about Darren Archibald...why is not on the team? He looked just fine to me at the end of last year and I think he should have made the team over say, Leipsic.
Archie is one guy I'm pretty sure who would stand up for his teammates no matter what.
Because he can't skate at the NHL level.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.