Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by Hockey Widow »

Prout is dressing. Peters says it’s because he was 7th D man coming out of camp. Added he plays physical in front of our net and we made it too easy for Canucks by not being physical enough in our own zone. Denies it’s any attempt at retribution.

Prout says he wants to hit, hit hard, hit often and punish opposing players, not be a puppet and go start a fight.

Flames fans want WWIII. Demand that goon Gudbranson pay the price. For what? His cheep dirty head shot that should have been 5 and a game and a 20 game suspension and his cheap shot to Hamonic’s face. He knew Hamonic was smaller and hit him too hard I guess. Really they are more upset with the Hamonic injury, facial fracture, than the hit.well they are pissed at the hit and calling for Bennett to pound the shit out of Pettersson.
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Alex Edler and Chris Tanev rated in the top 40 NHL defensemen in the league. :thumbs:
(in comes mrs defect about dumb trade ideals)

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/def ... ssion=true
39. Alexander Edler
Difficulty adjustment: +6.92%
Offence: 11.66/25 | Transition: 22.71/40 | Defence: 20.30/35
Total: 54.67/100

I didn’t expect Edler to be among the top defencemen in the league these days, but the brutal minutes he plays in Vancouver have hidden how strong of a player he has been over the past three seasons. Edler is no longer in his offensive prime, and his transition game is declining a bit, but he’s been very strong without the puck.

Edler is a loose puck recovery machine in the defensive zone, which works well when he’s paired with a partner who can transition well, but at this point in his career he needs some support. Over the past three seasons Edler has been a very good defenceman, but despite an uptick in offence last year his overall game is beginning to fall off.
Yeah Edler played awesome with an elite QB type on his right, Ehrhoff, and in the worlds championships with John Klingberg.

36. Chris Tanev
Difficulty adjustment: +4.61%
Offence: 7.43/25 | Transition: 25.98/40 | Defence: 21.69/35
Total: 55.10/100

Tanev is well known around the league for being an excellent defensive player. He plays though minutes against opposing top lines on a weak team, which is a thankless job at times. But what’s rarely mentioned is that he’s almost as strong at moving the puck up the ice in transition.

This is a somewhat rare quality for the so-called “defensive defenceman” but in my opinion is key to that player type being effective in the modern game. There are some bona fide excellent defensive players in the NHL who win pucks like crazy, but become a liability as soon as they get it. Tanev isn’t that, which makes him a very valuable player despite not really moving the needle offensively.
If you can get a healthy 70+ games each out of these guys, that will bode well for the team, and for god sakes someone get a high point producing right side dman for Edler.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:55 pm Prout is dressing. Peters says it’s because he was 7th D man coming out of camp. Added he plays physical in front of our net and we made it too easy for Canucks by not being physical enough in our own zone. Denies it’s any attempt at retribution.

Prout says he wants to hit, hit hard, hit often and punish opposing players, not be a puppet and go start a fight.

Flames fans want WWIII. Demand that goon Gudbranson pay the price. For what? His cheep dirty head shot that should have been 5 and a game and a 20 game suspension and his cheap shot to Hamonic’s face. He knew Hamonic was smaller and hit him too hard I guess. Really they are more upset with the Hamonic injury, facial fracture, than the hit.well they are pissed at the hit and calling for Bennett to pound the shit out of Pettersson.
They have home ice but I think we can match well enough to use Pettersson where we want to, and, on the PP, of which there will be many, or so it would seem.
I just might be inclined to sit Boeser who maybe might come up with a minor case of the flu, no?
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The problem isn’t Edler or Tanev. It’s the fact that the remaining six defencemen on the roster are ranked somewhere between 170 and 240.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

micky107 wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 3:11 pm https://twitter.com/BatchHockey/status/ ... 4424241152

Just today's lines at practice.

And this was the Flames.

https://twitter.com/Fan960Steinberg/sta ... 4982241280
What the fuck is this shit mick.

You and your twiddle. Does anyone even click these links? Theyre dead ends to log in pages. Why dont you unroll your MySpace page while youre at it
If you need air...call it in
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:55 pm Prout is dressing. Peters says it’s because he was 7th D man coming out of camp. Added he plays physical in front of our net and we made it too easy for Canucks by not being physical enough in our own zone. Denies it’s any attempt at retribution.

Hopefully Greener dresses Schaler and/or BullDawg, it'd be nice to have a couple of guys to watch Guddy's back. We don't have much else in the tuffness dept. until Rousell comes back.
Really they are more upset with the Hamonic injury, facial fracture, than the hit.well they are pissed at the hit and calling for Bennett to pound the shit out of Pettersson.
Actually, I wouldn't mind if JB goes out and gets a decent tuff guy with some size and a decent skill set to play with Pettersson. A guy like our old buddy Kassassian would be perfect, someone who wouldn't cost too much. Maybe, Gadjovich, McEwen or Schaler can become that guy. If not this year, then hopefully JB can address it next season.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

I don't see a big rumble between canucks/flamers, cooler heads will prevail, as Guddy was honest about it all, ham took on a giant, it's somewhat like a player taking on Chara, you gonna get those hands.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 4:41 pm I don't see a big rumble between canucks/flamers, cooler heads will prevail, as Guddy was honest about it all, ham took on a giant, it's somewhat like a player taking on Chara, you gonna get those hands.
Disagree. This will be a greasy game. Prout has already announced his intentions. Hopefully 44 handles a Prout again. Prout is a tough customer and he did beat Lucic once and he has a few wins against some tough guys. Too bad Roussel isn’t ready to go.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Guddy doesn't need to fight Prout.

It was a clean check but deserved penalty. He answered the bell for it. Its over.

Prout plays because Ham can't.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 12:27 pm I really do not understand how JB could think this team is a playoff team now??? What is he thinking? No wonder TL left quickly.
JIM BENNING

The Vancouver Canucks general manager is now the man in charge after team president Trevor Linden and the club surprisingly parted ways in late July. Linden had preferred a patient approach to the Canucks' rebuild, something that clearly didn't fit with ownership's view. It's Benning's belief that Vancouver can make the playoffs now after missing the last three years. He has accumulated some good talent through the draft, but some of his free-agent signings have raised eyebrows, including the four-year contracts given to veteran grinders and this summer.
https://www.tsn.ca/which-nhl-coaches-an ... -1.1181169
Oh yes, some hack said it so it must be true... never change Reeker!

“It’s true because a sports writer said so!” Image

And please continue to update us in Creeper's forum about the latest "facts" MSM has on POTUS.

Sincerely,

NO ONE EVER
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:09 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:02 pm Roussel is nearing return, he will accompany the team on the 6 game road trip, however this poses a problem as the only waiver free players we have is Pettersson and Boeser LOL easily our best players now.
Antoine Roussel skating with his Canucks teammates today. A roster move will be required to activate him off Injured Reserve. Only two players on the current 23-man roster are waivers-exempt: Elias Pettersson and Brock Boeser.
I wonder if someone can just be a healthy scratch? or is the team at max roster space limit when Roussel returns.

Waive Schaller. Or send Boeser down to get into shape.
Waive Hutton. :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:26 pm biega would clear, but doesn't the team want to keep 8 dmen all season? thanks to injury woes.
Meh, Schaller plays dee so…

Waive Hutton. :twisted:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Guds sounds like he's ready for whatever might happen tomorrow.

Maybe nothing will but I hope Green has prepared the team though, just in case.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Most of the time these things never turn out the way you expect. The Bertuzzi incident is more the exception than rule. I could see and early fight happening to quell the fans, machismo, send a message and all that. But I do expect the Flames will come out hitting everything in sight. Perhaps the penalty clock gets changed and we get 7 PP. adding insult to injury we will score on 4 of them.
The only HW the Canucks need