Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Canuck News and Notes - 2018-2019

Post by sk8er »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:47 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:48 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 pm degenerates
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 83#p311583

But you're off-topic Madcombinepilot, please take it here:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 5&start=15
Doc, a link to me making a single comment and a second link to a poll where 14 out of 1486 board members here voted does not change the spirit of what I was saying. It's either pitiful attempt to misdirect, or your pointing out that only the 11 people who voted yes matter. Either way, it's silly.

I am not starting shit here, stirring the pot or getting into a debate. I also will not be commenting further on this just to see who can get the last post in and 'win' an internet debate. That is not my intent. I am expressing an opinion where I am saying that it gets tiring having you guys derail every thread with continual back and forth over nothing causing the rest of us to scroll through pages and pages of drivel to find content. I realize that some of you probably find this as some form of entertainment (heck, perhaps it's some form of ego appeasement to find out who is 'king of the board' or something else as silly) and that's fine, but keep it controlled out of respect for the rest of us posters who come here to chat hockey. I am not saying an offside post is not welcome. In fact, they are usually funny, and lead to a few other funny and entertaining posts. But there is limits, and everyone should respect them. I am speaking to the degeneration of almost every thread that ends in the name calling, bullying, one upping bullshit that has been going on here for years and driving out good members with pages of crap.. and it's mostly between a very few posters.

Yes, you can scroll through the archives to find posts to 'prove' me wrong or hypocritical or whatever point you want to make. You can cut and past links from god knows when and twist thing out of context with clever cut and paste pick-a-part posts to make me out however you want. I really don't care. I am one of the original posters here from before the update that gave everyone the same start date. I attended the meet and greets back in the day where we gathered to watch games and get to know each other. Was here before all you refugees swarmed over from the other site. Spent my money supporting the site. You can't intimidate or bully me with all the kindergarten (or elitism) bullshit

I come here to chat hockey and Canucks.

There are good posters here with insightful, funny, and different opinions, but the continuous intentional trainwrecking of threads with personal attacks, insults, and the same old shit being regurgitated is driving them away.

You are all better than that. You have good opinions, views on players and coaches, rookies and prospects,inside info, and bring other good things to this site.

I am just asking you guys to either contain the bullshit, or cut it down a bit out of respect for the others here.

If you or anyone else feels a burning, overwhelming, insatiable need to comment on this or wish to continue this conversation, feel free to PM me.

THANK YOU.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Good post MCP.

I hope we are driving posters away. I know we’ve driven a handful over to hfboards. Mathowny was a decent poster but way too thin skinned. Tantalum got like that too. No idea about EPC what his issues are.

Did we drive away Potato, Lever etc ODB ?

I will try and tone it down a bit
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

We can have different opinions and ideas and even vehemently defend them but in many cases threads went off in different directions and instead of posters offering their opinion they would just tell you why you were wrong. This has gone on for a couple years and I believe we have driven away some good posters.

Hopefully this is the low point and things get better and we have more posters coming on.
DonCherry4PM
MVP
MVP

Post by DonCherry4PM »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:47 am
Strangelove wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:48 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:41 pm degenerates
http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 83#p311583

But you're off-topic Madcombinepilot, please take it here:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 5&start=15
Doc, a link to me making a single comment and a second link to a poll where 14 out of 1486 board members here voted does not change the spirit of what I was saying. It's either pitiful attempt to misdirect, or your pointing out that only the 11 people who voted yes matter. Either way, it's silly.

I am not starting shit here, stirring the pot or getting into a debate. I also will not be commenting further on this just to see who can get the last post in and 'win' an internet debate. That is not my intent. I am expressing an opinion where I am saying that it gets tiring having you guys derail every thread with continual back and forth over nothing causing the rest of us to scroll through pages and pages of drivel to find content. I realize that some of you probably find this as some form of entertainment (heck, perhaps it's some form of ego appeasement to find out who is 'king of the board' or something else as silly) and that's fine, but keep it controlled out of respect for the rest of us posters who come here to chat hockey. I am not saying an offside post is not welcome. In fact, they are usually funny, and lead to a few other funny and entertaining posts. But there is limits, and everyone should respect them. I am speaking to the degeneration of almost every thread that ends in the name calling, bullying, one upping bullshit that has been going on here for years and driving out good members with pages of crap.. and it's mostly between a very few posters.

Yes, you can scroll through the archives to find posts to 'prove' me wrong or hypocritical or whatever point you want to make. You can cut and past links from god knows when and twist thing out of context with clever cut and paste pick-a-part posts to make me out however you want. I really don't care. I am one of the original posters here from before the update that gave everyone the same start date. I attended the meet and greets back in the day where we gathered to watch games and get to know each other. Was here before all you refugees swarmed over from the other site. Spent my money supporting the site. You can't intimidate or bully me with all the kindergarten (or elitism) bullshit

I come here to chat hockey and Canucks.

There are good posters here with insightful, funny, and different opinions, but the continuous intentional trainwrecking of threads with personal attacks, insults, and the same old shit being regurgitated is driving them away.

You are all better than that. You have good opinions, views on players and coaches, rookies and prospects,inside info, and bring other good things to this site.

I am just asking you guys to either contain the bullshit, or cut it down a bit out of respect for the others here.

If you or anyone else feels a burning, overwhelming, insatiable need to comment on this or wish to continue this conversation, feel free to PM me.
Post.

Of.

The.

Year.
Invincibility lies in oneself.
Vincibility lies in the enemy.

- Sun Tzu
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

So things are a little tense in the Canuck organization.
It's been a stressful summer. Fires, smoke, heat and on and on.
They call these the dog days of summer for a reason.

I see absolutely no reason to think that when camp starts and there is significant content to debate and discuss,
with everyone's normal flare, that normality will be at hand.

What did Jack "the president" say on Mars Attacks?
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am Good post MCP.

I hope we are not driving posters away. I know we’ve driven a handful over to hfboards. Mathowny was a decent poster but way too thin skinned. Tantalum got like that too. No idea about EPC what his issues are.

Did we drive away Potato, Lever etc ODB ?

I will try and tone it down a bit
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah SL quit being bully ha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

:lol:

I dont know how to post without saying the wrong shit. If i try and be all PG13 i wont make any sense. I'm like Ricky in court ffs
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Same thing in the dog days of summer. Every. Single. Year.

Most let their hair down... while the personality-challenged folk tighten their sphincters and bitch about it.

(no offence intended toward anyone living or dead of course)

Timing is great though, Doc Holiday leaves in the morning! :thumbs:

And interestingly, I haven't been around much the last week, but it appears I'm in someone's cross-hairs...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am I will try and tone it down a bit
Wimp! :lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am Did we drive away Potato, Lever etc ODB ?
Seriously?? :wow:

We drove ODB away with nasty off-topic shit?!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

The dude invented dat dere!

LIVED for dat dere!

And FYI twas someone who now posts at HF that drove my buddy Potatoe out of here and in fact completely off-line.

Lever? He died of old age.

And when did anyone start caring about losers like MS, Pauser, and Mathowny?? :eh:

FFS we're much better off without those guys!

You, like ODB, used to understand that Blobby!

It's called "preserving our way of life".

(and our way of life doesn't include losers)

Agree about Eddy though, I have no idea why he left for that God-forsaken teenage wasteland.

Eddy if you're reading this, shoot me a PRIVATE message? (I'll read it when I get back)

Anyhoo, Every. Single. Summer.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

SKYO wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:25 pm Yeah SL quit being bully ha.
:wink:

Yeah, gotta love the suddenly self-righteous MCP!

I was going to point out how, not so long ago, he was constantly trolling YOU Skyo with "personal attacks, insults"

... but I was afraid someone might accuse me of trying to attain "some form of ego appeasement"

... or trying to "win an internet debate".

So yeah, I completely refrained. :drink:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:27 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:18 am I will try and tone it down a bit
Wimp! :lol:
:lol:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

DonCherry4PM wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 11:49 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:47 am You have good opinions, views on players and coaches, rookies and prospects,inside info, and bring other good things to this site.
Post.

Of.

The.

Year.
Thanks Donny! :thumbs:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Uncle dans leg wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:50 pm :lol:

I dont know how to post without saying the wrong shit. If i try and be all PG13 i wont make any sense. I'm like Ricky in court ffs
UDL, it's never been the language. It's the back and forth personal assaults and taking comments out of context that some posters seem to thrive on, and that have nothing to do with the newsgroup, hockey, or even the Canucks that drives good posters away.

I agree. If we can't drink (smoke) and swear, we are all f$*ked. :D
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!