Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Would you take a guarantee of the 2nd/3rd pick over the chance to draft Dahlin?

Absolutely! I would do it for the third. Guarantee of walking away with Zadina, Boqvist or Tkachuk is worth the sacrifice
4
31%
I would only do it for the second, not third. Svechnikov is a sweet consolation prize
3
23%
No! We're unlikely to win but Dahlin is worth the risk
6
46%
 
Total votes: 13

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Uncle dans leg » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:05 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:03 am
When I was 16-17 my brother used to pay me and my buddy a couple hi cans of extra to clean up the house.

Those were fun days.
:lol:
nobody forks...with the jesus

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:11 am

I’ll buy you a half sack of hi test cans if you go on date with Don Cherry and his dog :lol:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Strangelove » Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:00 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:03 am
When I was 16-17 my brother used to pay me and my buddy a couple hi cans of extra to clean up the house.

Those were fun days.
Is that when you turned bad Reef? :(



Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3660
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Reefer2 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:35 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:00 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:03 am
When I was 16-17 my brother used to pay me and my buddy a couple hi cans of extra to clean up the house.

Those were fun days.
Is that when you turned bad Reef? :(



Image
gees Strange was that done on Word or did you draw it your self and coloured between the lines?

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Strangelove » Sun Apr 29, 2018 7:28 pm

Image
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7441
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Cornuck » Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm

Image
2018-19 - The Road to 82

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3660
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Reefer2 » Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm

Cornuck wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm
Image
I had 2 clowns like that also a big anemone that they lived in.

No one ever fracked with the clowns.

Another fun fact, they can change their sex when the female dies.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4629
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Uncle dans leg » Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:25 am

Sometime next week-Orange striped licorice has joined the group
nobody forks...with the jesus

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by ESQ » Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:24 pm

I love these 2 draft polls, they so perfectly sum up being a Canuck fan:

Most (including me!) give up the sure thing for a tiny/doomed shot at #1 overall
Then we direct spite at other teams for "undeservedly" winning the lottery.

So we're gluttons for punishment, and take all that aggression out on the more-fortunate franchises/fanbases. :mrgreen:

User avatar
rockalt
MVP
MVP
Posts: 801
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:47 pm
Location: London

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by rockalt » Mon Apr 30, 2018 2:29 pm

ESQ wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 12:24 pm
I love these 2 draft polls, they so perfectly sum up being a Canuck fan:

Most (including me!) give up the sure thing for a tiny/doomed shot at #1 overall
Then we direct spite at other teams for "undeservedly" winning the lottery.

So we're gluttons for punishment, and take all that aggression out on the more-fortunate franchises/fanbases. :mrgreen:
I'm glad you've enjoyed the moment of self reflection! At least none of those "undeserving " teams won the lottery so we can be at peace with losing! :lol: (Well aside from the one person who voted Buffalo!)

I'm sure we'll find something else to gripe about soon enough!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by Strangelove » Mon Apr 30, 2018 3:42 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm
Cornuck wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 9:39 pm
Image
I had 2 clowns like that also a big anemone that they lived in.

No one ever fracked with the clowns.

Another fun fact, they can change their sex when the female dies.
Is that why you chose that avatar Reef?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11334
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:09 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm


I had 2 clowns like that

they can change their sex when the female dies.
I’m seeing a correlation, finally
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC 1st Team All-Star
Posts: 920
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: Hypothetical Draft Guarantee

Post by 5thhorseman » Fri May 04, 2018 12:39 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 4:09 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 10:24 pm


I had 2 clowns like that

they can change their sex when the female dies.
I’m seeing a correlation, finally
Except in Reef's case he was neutered :D

(though I'm not sure if that was before or after the fish died)

Post Reply