Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Playoffs

Post by Strangelove »

GO CAPS GO!!!!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 8:06 pm GO CAPS GO!!!!
Yep!!!
The only HW the Canucks need
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Tom Wilson, TBL Paquette etc showing why you need some big gritty dudes with the tangibles to fight out a series, something analytics types wish they can measure in their stats, but never will.

Even Jets and Vegas (Reaves) have some heavy hitters to help their depth and skill guys out.

Meanwhile the Canucks lone big fella up front is Jake Virtanen whose more a powerball guy who can score when his skills catch up to his speed.

Team needs a N. Ritchie type asap.
N. Ritchie or Mantha my fave targets up front.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

SKYO wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm Tom Wilson, TBL Paquette etc showing why you need some big gritty dudes with the tangibles to fight out a series, something analytics types wish they can measure in their stats, but never will.

Even Jets and Vegas (Reaves) have some heavy hitters to help their depth and skill guys out.

Meanwhile the Canucks lone big fella up front is Jake Virtanen whose more a powerball guy who can score when his skills catch up to his speed.

So Tkachuk should have been picked?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

mr perfect wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:24 am
SKYO wrote: Wed May 23, 2018 10:23 pm Tom Wilson, TBL Paquette etc showing why you need some big gritty dudes with the tangibles to fight out a series, something analytics types wish they can measure in their stats, but never will.

have you not read anything here over the past year or 3? The Genius never makes a mistake.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

If Brady is available at 7 then Canucks have to take him, he is listed as a C/LW. He's 6'3" / 196 lbs right now and will easily hit 205-210.

Gadjovich - Tkachuk - Virtanen
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

What? tkachuk is nothing like Ritchie, or mantha. Tkachuk would hide behind those two while they kicked ass. Tkachuk is more a rat. Now Brady on the other hand with his bigger size I think is more likely to be willing to throw the fisticuffs.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Defense >>>>

Are you blind to the fact how atrocious this defense is??? LOL the only lone blue chipper dman on this team is Juolevi, be thankful for that. You even see the oiler fans have bad jokes about taking yet another forward with their 1st rounder, because look at how that helped them *sarcastic tone*. Then you see Nashville they are the total opposite, always taking dmen high in the draft and they got the best dmen depth, but imo you need a healthy balance of taking forwards and dmen in the 1st round, switching each year.

If you see the majority of my posts it's how to fix and repair the defense, acquire a top dman, a QB dman etc.

I was just mentioning with the grit factor, as that issue that also needs some attention, and that likely will be by trades and transaction.
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

SKYO wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:11 am

Defense >>>>

Are you blind to the fact how atrocious this defense is??? LOL the only lone blue chipper dman on this team is Juolevi, be thankful for that. You even see the oiler fans have bad jokes about taking yet another forward with their 1st rounder, because look at how that helped them *sarcastic tone*. Then you see Nashville they are the total opposite, always taking dmen high in the draft and they got the best dmen depth, but imo you need a healthy balance of taking forwards and dmen in the 1st round, switching each year.

If you see the majority of my posts it's how to fix and repair the defense, acquire a top dman, a QB dman etc.

I was just mentioning with the grit factor, as that issue that also needs some attention, and that likely will be by trades and transaction.
“It has been my experience that if you go for position, you make mistakes,” said Benning. “You want to take the best available when you pick and that will be our strategy. Positional needs? We can find other ways to find those type of players.

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/05/23/van ... nhl-draft/
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

vic wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:37 am
SKYO wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 11:11 am

Defense >>>>

“It has been my experience that if you go for position, you make mistakes,” said Benning. “You want to take the best available when you pick and that will be our strategy. Positional needs? We can find other ways to find those type of players.

https://thecanuckway.com/2018/05/23/van ... nhl-draft/
Vic drops the mic and walks off stage.....
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer contributing nothing as usual, reefer is the new drama queen of cc.

'Best player available' is never so cut and dry after the first 3 picks though, everything is open to interpretation, your draft list can be negotiated in the war room to the draft table.

Sometimes a little shift to take a dman who maybe a spot behind your listed # every other year can be a smart decision.
Like what if NJ took Provorov or Werenski instead of Zacha?

To put it simply, a successful team has quality forwards and dmen prospects, and if defense wins championships, how are you going to build a championship team if you always take forwards (bpa)?
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:16 pm Reefer contributing nothing as usual, reefer is the new drama queen of cc.
Sure sure - I just loved it that you say 1 thing and he clearly provided a response that you were clearly wrong and the Genius even disagrees with you.

Sorry buddy - I do enjoy your trade ideas though.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Reefer2 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pmSure sure - I just loved it that you say 1 thing and he clearly provided a response that you were clearly wrong and the Genius even disagrees with you.

First of all reef, I never said that is their draft plan to be "clearly wrong", but it's my opinion that's what they should do.
but imo you need a healthy balance of taking forwards and dmen in the 1st round, switching each year.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

SKYO wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:36 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Thu May 24, 2018 12:28 pmSure sure - I just loved it that you say 1 thing and he clearly provided a response that you were clearly wrong and the Genius even disagrees with you.

First of all reef, I never said that is their draft plan to be "clearly wrong", but it's my opinion that's what they should do.
but imo you need a healthy balance of taking forwards and dmen in the 1st round, switching each year.
I do not disagree with you but if the skills drops from 1 player to another then you must take the more skilled player (duh of course). There seemed to be a significant enough drop based upon the talking heads that Julio should not have been taken by the Canucks at that point. Time will tell if this is correct.

This year, drafting at 7th and the players supposedly available at that point a D man is the perfect pick for the team.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Some times when you do the right thing and pick the BPA, when he throws on that jersey on draft day. it may be preordained
it's the last time he wears it. ;)
Then again, he may wear it 1,000 times.
"evolution"