Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 pm

But it’s still more than half

With North Van math
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 pm

TYLER Myers born and raised in America. He’s Team Canada’s version of Adam Deadmarsh.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 pm
But it’s still more than half

With North Van math
How many players in a starting line-up. 12 forwards, 6 D-men, 2 goalies. Calling Myres a Canadian is like calling a player raised in Trail BC - American.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 08, 2018 6:47 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:32 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 1:45 pm
But it’s still more than half

With North Van math
How many players in a starting line-up. 12 forwards, 6 D-men, 2 goalies. Calling Myres a Canadian is like calling a player raised in Trail BC - American.
So what was Brett Hull? Adam Deadmarsh?
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 08, 2018 6:53 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 12:50 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 11:21 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 8:38 pm
Over half the team Bubs, half the team!!!
10/23 is more than half now.

Tyler Myers is a Canadian
Yup, born in Houston, TX but plays for Team Canada.

So that would be 9/23 then.
And Roslovich didn’t dress so it’s 8/20 players. I wonder how much blow and booze he hoovers before these games
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by Aaronp18 » Tue May 08, 2018 9:46 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 pm
TYLER Myers born and raised in America. He’s Team Canada’s version of Adam Deadmarsh.
Myers grew up in Calgary and played his hockey in Canada, much like Stastny was born in Canada but grew up and played his hockey in the US.

While we’re at this wanna tell me how many Canadians are on the Vegas roster?

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11376
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Playoffs

Post by RoyalDude » Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 am

Americans galore! Trust me.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2669
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: Playoffs

Post by Madcombinepilot » Wed May 09, 2018 8:31 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 6:29 pm
TYLER Myers born and raised in America. He’s Team Canada’s version of Adam Deadmarsh.
he got knocked the fuck out by a Jovanoski punch??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by Aaronp18 » Wed May 09, 2018 11:25 am

RoyalDude wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 am
Americans galore! Trust me.
This isn't a shocking prediction, they do have 10x the population Canada does.

With the addition of new markets hockey is just going to continue to grow and then it's only a matter of time. It will never hit the popularity of football or baseball but I could see a far more even split of Americans and Canadians very soon in the NHL.

At least we still double them in PIMs: :D
http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/national ... stats.html

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1665
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: Playoffs

Post by ESQ » Wed May 09, 2018 11:46 am

Weird too that if Nashville is eliminated, the remaining Final Four will only have 2 Swedes per team.

Maybe its not that weird, but with 6 Swedes on last year's roster and likely 6 Swedes on next year's roster (assuming Petersson and Dahlen eventually make the team), hopefully Vancouver's Stockholm Syndrome will make us more competitive in snagging Erik Karlsson either by trade or as UFA. :mrgreen:

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 09, 2018 1:10 pm

Aaronp18 wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 11:25 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:01 am
Americans galore! Trust me.
This isn't a shocking prediction, they do have 10x the population Canada does.

With the addition of new markets hockey is just going to continue to grow and then it's only a matter of time. It will never hit the popularity of football or baseball but I could see a far more even split of Americans and Canadians very soon in the NHL.

At least we still double them in PIMs: :D
http://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/national ... stats.html
He’s hoping for American hockey to dominate the sport. Then he will say as he’s 84 and crack addled and shaking his fist that he knew all along that the Americans would rule this sport. He will forget or ignore that the Canadians won 15 best in best in men’s tournaments and let us all know that he was right. :lol:
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17035
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Playoffs

Post by Strangelove » Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 pm

I love fucking Americans. :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 09, 2018 5:48 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 pm
I love fucking Americans. :mrgreen:
And in 2 years you’ll be 84.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17035
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Playoffs

Post by Strangelove » Wed May 09, 2018 6:03 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 5:48 pm
Strangelove wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 4:54 pm
I love fucking Americans. :mrgreen:
And in 2 years you’ll be 84.
:?
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10515
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Playoffs

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 09, 2018 6:20 pm

Is 74 closer?’

Either way Dude will love the demise of Canadian hockey. He’s been licking his lips for 20 years.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Post Reply