Playoffs

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Playoffs

Post by Strangelove »

sk8er wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 9:27 am But it’s okay, Burke promises it won’t happen again, the broons will deal with it.
I heard the league contacted the Bruins after that last Komarov licking to get Marchand to stop.

Obviously that didn't work, so now this final warning... next one is a suspension for sure.

Like Topper said, "Marchand is trying to get inside peoples heads". :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Parlez-vous français ?
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

IMO .. All the referees have to do is call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty every time he does it and i am sure the rest of his team will get him to stop... the rules are in the the rule book , the refs just has to call it
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

TDA Rum wrote: Sat May 05, 2018 12:34 pm IMO .. All the referees have to do is call an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty every time he does it and i am sure the rest of his team will get him to stop... the rules are in the the rule book , the refs just has to call it
It's either that or the games will have to come with an "R" rating and parents will be forced to think of a way to explain it to all
the children, some of which, will be another generation of players.

If the league really wants this shit to stop, don't just suspend, make him take a psychiatric evaluation.

Over 100 years of hockey in the books and look at the mess the league has to "lap" up now>
"evolution"
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

And/or give him a 10 minute misconduct penalty. Not only is it disgusting; an assault; it is a great way to spread communicable diseases. Players use separate water bottles to prevent the spread of “germs” but this shit is allowed.

The rules are there. The refs should be suspended.

The sad part is Marchand doesn’t need to do this shit. Sure he’s a rat but a productive one.
The only HW the Canucks need
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

It’s saliva. Give him the same penalty you would give for spitting. As of right now he should get a game if he was spoken to earlier and still did it anyways.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
mr perfect
MVP
MVP

Post by mr perfect »

Come the off season the NHL Board of Governors can convene and put forward a new rule requiring Brad Marchand wear a condom over his tongue to prevent the spread of communicable diseases. It would also make it harder for him to beak off or at least make him difficult to understand, which referees and opposing players would appreciate.
Or they could pass the rule right now, just like they changed the toenail in the crease rule on the ice immediately after Brett Hull scored from inside the crease in the Stanley Cup final in 1999. They can do it if they have the will.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Anyone else thinking that if the league officiated games like this in 2011 we might have that Stanley cup win ?
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:14 am Anyone else thinking that if the league officiated games like this in 2011 we might have that Stanley cup win ?

The officiating in our final series was beyond pathetic. I will be forever convinced it was ordained for the broons to win. They cheated the bolts out of a series win too, just like we were cheated.
Rome’s suspension?? Seriously? Daniel getting a misconduct after getting speedbagged because the team was led to believe they could make them pay on the power play......if only we got some.........still bitter I am.....
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Gregson threw game 7 in 94 as well. We were kicking the shit out of the rags and he kept calling waaaay cheezy penalties for a game 7. There was some especially bullshit call late in the 3rd with us banging pucks off of iron and coming so damn close... that fucking goat faced prick hit us with a total momentum killer of a call.

I'm still pissed lol
https://www.hockey-reference.com/boxsco ... 0NYR.html
It was the 3rd period call on Linden. He was all over them had just scored to get us close and we had all the momentum.
We were thumping hard in the 2nd as well and the calls were perfectly timed cheese to stifle the momentum

That was the real reason why we all went downtown and started a shiticane
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Can Washington finally make it to the 3rd round.

Team has only been to finals once.

Winnipeg has never made it to the 3rd round.

Good to see some new teams.
Tiger
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Tiger »

ukcanuck wrote: Sun May 06, 2018 1:14 am Anyone else thinking that if the league officiated games like this in 2011 we might have that Stanley cup win ?

Not a hope in hell . Injuries and suspensions had taken all our good physical players out of game 7 and the Sedins have nevr been effective against strong physical teams. Samuelson gone, Rome gone , Torres gone. Hamhuis out Burrows out and Kessler playing on one leg. A poor performance by Luongo and an inaffective power play. Daniel should have dropped the gloves instead of whining for a penalty.
" If you cant beat them in the alley - you can't beat them on the ice
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Right on!
Tampa Bay licked Boston!
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Yes, Boston their job. They eliminated the leaves then got beaten by Tampa. Good on them, and I thank them for their cooperation.

Now can Vegas finish the job and eliminate SJS? Then of course, lose.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I love that the Sharks are out. Now Vegas can come back to earth and recognize their place in the grand scheme of things. An expansion team. Shhshshsh