Captain my Captian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Re: Captain my Captian

Post by Island Nucklehead »

vic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm If the team struggles next year, i.e. they don't land Tavares, Dahlin, Karlsson, Carlson and Kane then whoever wears the "C" is going to be bombarded by the media asking how losing the twins has affected the room and questioning whether or not it was a wise choice to give the letter to whoever gets it.

Better be someone who can handle the pressure.
I don't think expectations will be very high. The team has sucked for the past couple years with the Sedins, it will probably suck next year without them.

I'd like to see the Canucks identity away from the quietly determined European professionalism towards a more assertive North American style. A "we'll play it any way you want" kind of game, and I think whoever gets the C should embody that. Horvat seems like a good choice, works both ends of the rink, can play off the rush and battle in the corners.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:03 pm If the team struggles next year, i.e. they don't land Tavares, Dahlin, Karlsson, Carlson and Kane then whoever wears the "C" is going to be bombarded by the media asking how losing the twins has affected the room and questioning whether or not it was a wise choice to give the letter to whoever gets it.

What do you mean “if” they struggle ? :lol:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:20 pm

I don't think expectations will be very high. The team has sucked for the past couple years with the Sedins, it will probably suck next year without them.

I'd like to see the Canucks identity away from the quietly determined European professionalism towards a more assertive North American style. A "we'll play it any way you want" kind of game, and I think whoever gets the C should embody that. Horvat seems like a good choice, works both ends of the rink, can play off the rush and battle in the corners.
Need more Ryan Clowe's and Ryan Stanton's and Tom Sestito's and Darcy Hordichuks
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm

Need more Ryan Clowe's and Ryan Stanton's and Tom Sestito's and Darcy Hordichuks
Or more Sutters, Gudbransons, Miller’s, Erikssons. 20 million annual for THAT bag of suck. LOL
vic
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by vic »

Here a prediction, Bo gets traded for a top 2 defenseman before his current deal expires.

Petersson & Gaudette will be the team's 1-2 down the middle. If JB is going to deliver a cup to Vancouver, it'll be 100% his team without any player from the past regime.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

vic wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 6:50 pm Here a prediction, Bo gets traded for a top 2 defenseman before his current deal expires.

Petersson & Gaudette will be the team's 1-2 down the middle. If JB is going to deliver a cup to Vancouver, it'll be 100% his team without any player from the past regime.
So is this a legit top pairing d man coming back for Bo ?

Or is it Elmer’s idea of a top 2 d man ?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Coke-assian (future Lucic) and Gragnani (Erhoffs replacement) acquired with our 10th overall draft pick
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Wait till E Kane signs, and give him the C.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:10 pm Wait till E Kane signs, and give him the C.
He ain’t coming home. He’s finally on a decent team. I doubt he wants to come to this garbage fire
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:25 pm Goldobin or Leipsic
Yup, it should be the Golden One. His first task on the agenda will be to convince Tryamkinsaurus to come back, whom he'll give an A. Then he'll talk Kovalchuk and Datsyuk into signing with the Canucks as well. :D
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:12 pm
ESQ wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:10 pm Wait till E Kane signs, and give him the C.
He ain’t coming home. He’s finally on a decent team. I doubt he wants to come to this garbage fire
I'm pretty sure he'll at least take JB's call

Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

You put Bo Horvat in the same category as those clowns?
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

More importantly, how do you pronounce Captian?
Is it cap-tee-an or cap-shan? :hmmm:
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:31 am
You put Bo Horvat in the same category as those clowns?
Clowns? Buck McKenzie don't think theyz clowns. "Take a look at the board! They're getting ready to clobber us!!"
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Per wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:56 am More importantly, how do you pronounce Captian?
Is it cap-tee-an or cap-shan? :hmmm:
Hor-vat
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."