Captain my Captian

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Captain my Captian

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am
Island Nucklehead wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:31 am
RoyalDude wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 5:21 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Apr 04, 2018 4:20 pm
I'd like to see the Canucks identity away from the quietly determined European professionalism towards a more assertive North American style. A "we'll play it any way you want" kind of game, and I think whoever gets the C should embody that. Horvat seems like a good choice, works both ends of the rink, can play off the rush and battle in the corners.
Need more Ryan Clowe's and Ryan Stanton's and Tom Sestito's and Darcy Hordichuks
You put Bo Horvat in the same category as those clowns?
Clowns? Buck McKenzie don't think theyz clowns. "Take a look at the board! They're getting ready to clobber us!!"
And they only made a fraction of your Fab Four of Miller, Sutter, Gudbranson and Loui Eriksson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Per
MVP
MVP

Post by Per »

Cornuck wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 11:01 am
Per wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:56 am More importantly, how do you pronounce Captian?
Is it cap-tee-an or cap-shan? :hmmm:
Hor-vat
Shouldn't he be cap-ten (captain)?
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Per wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm
Per wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 10:56 am More importantly, how do you pronounce Captian?
Hor-vat
the 5% solution
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Per wrote: Thu Apr 05, 2018 1:30 pm
Hor-vat
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=Captian

(pronounced Hor-vat)
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

In all seriousness I’m curious who they choose or if they choose a captain.

I sarcastically suggested Eriksson and Sutter but I think that would piss a lot of people off. You can’t make one of these guys a captain or Gudbranson for that matter. All three have been lightning rods in their tenures here.

Maybe do what they did in 1990-91 with three co captains or a captains whatever they were. I believe it was Dan Quinn, Doug Lidster and Trevor Linden. If I’m not mistaken it was right after Stan retired. This seems like the most logical thing to do at this point if they aren’t sold on Bo Horvat.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Yeah, 3 co-captains is probably the way to go. I doubt they would go with Edler. Horvat or Tanev would be logical choices if they want a captain.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

theman wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:13 pm Yeah, 3 co-captains is probably the way to go. I doubt they would go with Edler. Horvat or Tanev would be logical choices if they want a captain.
Hopefully edler is convinced to waive his nmc by Christmas, so joulevi can get in. I bet they run with three A’s, horvat, Sutter, guddy/Tanev. That’s what Benning was hinting at with his interview on 1040.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-teams- ... e-captain/

It's just an article on why a team should have a captain.
I have always thought it lame to go with 3 As.
Not having the C, to me, is a sign of meekness, timidness. docility, or maybe better put;
Umm, we just aint got dat one figured out yet. Not a great signal of strength and conviction.

Now I can see making this decision a Christmas present, though I'd rather have it a Halloween treat. (shit; that's bad even for me).

I can see there being up to 4 candidates. Tanev isn't one of them. ( attendance, introvert, leaving--lol).

Horvat; A can't go wrong choice! Could go into a slump but it wouldn't pull down his leadership qualities.
Boeser; Popular, knowledgeable and a whole lot of etc-s.
Less likely:
Sutter; Extreme knowledge of the rules, experience, knows most if not all the officials and their tendencies, etc.
Edler; Knows the rules almost as good as the Sedins do. Familiarity of officials and players.
Has seemed like an introvert too but that may well change now!
"Side note", I don't think we should move Edler. I think we can resign him cheap and I don't see how you can do better than that.

In regards to the selection process, I am adamantly opposed to "team vote". Can and most likely will cause a shitload of negatives.
The management and coaching staff makes the call. No other way is appropriate.
Team or fan vote is cute or trendy but not the right signal.....
"evolution"
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

This is a pretty clear decision to me. Horvat should be captain.
Give As to Sutter and Boeser.

He has been here a long time, but Edler has never been comfortable with the media. Giving him a C would be a mistake.
I can’t see anyone else who has had enough on ice success to be considered. Personality-wise, Stetcher and Gudbranson would be good, but they haven’t had enough success with the Canucks on the ice.
Maybe an A for Beagle since he has a ring, but certainly not a C.
Since he is new, I’d hold off on awarding an A until he meshes with the team.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:55 am https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-teams- ... e-captain/

It's just an article on why a team should have a captain.
I have always thought it lame to go with 3 As.
Not having the C, to me, is a sign of meekness, timidness. docility, or maybe better put;
Umm, we just aint got dat one figured out yet. Not a great signal of strength and conviction.

Now I can see making this decision a Christmas present, though I'd rather have it a Halloween treat. (shit; that's bad even for me).

I can see there being up to 4 candidates. Tanev isn't one of them. ( attendance, introvert, leaving--lol).

Horvat; A can't go wrong choice! Could go into a slump but it wouldn't pull down his leadership qualities.
Boeser; Popular, knowledgeable and a whole lot of etc-s.
Less likely:
Sutter; Extreme knowledge of the rules, experience, knows most if not all the officials and their tendencies, etc.
Edler; Knows the rules almost as good as the Sedins do. Familiarity of officials and players.
Has seemed like an introvert too but that may well change now!
"Side note", I don't think we should move Edler. I think we can resign him cheap and I don't see how you can do better than that.

In regards to the selection process, I am adamantly opposed to "team vote". Can and most likely will cause a shitload of negatives.
The management and coaching staff makes the call. No other way is appropriate.
Team or fan vote is cute or trendy but not the right signal.....
How can you re-sign edler with Hughes and joulevi knocking on the door? I’d be down for it if he’s willing to take a substantial pay cut and play the bottom pairing, but I honestly don’t see a future here for him with how our left side d is shaping up, if Hutton or Pouliot take a step, I’d rather keep one of them as our bottom pairing guy. Edler also still has top4 top2 value league wide, I’d trade him and hold onto Tanev, our right side is too weak.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

If Edler accepted an extension of 3 years at 3.5 ?
It's my belief he will do that.

If he says he wants 4 or 5 years at 6, I'd say alex who?
"evolution"
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 am If Edler accepted an extension of 3 years at 3.5 ?

I’d get behind 3 years at 3.5 especially if there’s no trade restrictions or at least a small list.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

micky107 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:23 am If Edler accepted an extension of 3 years at 3.5 ?

Just shot me if he stays.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:53 am

Just shot me if he stays.
Shot or shoot? Shots sound like fun, shoot not so much
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Reef; You still getting use to that new mobile device you got for posting while at the office?

2 years ago. ;)
"evolution"