Trades made - Trade Deadline Day 2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

sagebrush
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Trades made - Trade Deadline Day 2018

Post by sagebrush »

No worries.

Memory loss will take the sting out of it.
Less Canucks embarrassment please.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

sagebrush wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:23 pm No worries.

Memory loss will take the sting out of it.
There is that I guess ... :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 pm I didn't see your post to respond, not because I didn't want to.
You asked (TWICE) for Benning apologists to answer your concerns... and I did just that.

If you plead for a response... don't you feel a certain duty to check for responses? :eh:

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 pm Most of your points here are like trying to nail jello to the wall. No matter what I say you'll try and twist your way out of it or change the context to what you want to see, so not much use responding to them point by point.
We get it, you just wanted to rant (due to sheer panic).

You're not interested in a debate, we get it.

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 pm Let's just agree to disagree and we'll see where we are in a couple of years.
Fair enough.

I look forward to the day when you'll surely say "You were right Strangelove, I was panicking over nothing!!" :towel:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Mëds wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 8:00 am A top forwards prime is usually from 22-32 (ish). Roughly 10 years. You said he did something consistently. But 4/10 is not consistent, it’s below 50%.
Todd Bersnoozi wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2018 11:54 pm Vanek in his prime was a consistent 30-40G man.
Vanek is a bit of a different case than most. Most guys start out slow, then pick it up after a few years (prime years after a learning curve); Vanek started out with a bang (prime years almost right away), but for whatever reason couldn't sustain that production. Definitely after he left Buffalo, he was not the same player. Still a good offensive player, but not the 30-40G man in his prime.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

rats19 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:06 pm
Cornuck wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:00 pm
Island Nucklehead wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:52 pm .... and wait 3-19 years.
We've already waited 47... what's another 19? :D Besides, time goes faster as we age, so it might just seem like 1-2 years™ - or maybe some of us don't have that long. :look:
19 is too long...

Cup in 5 playoff road starts in 1-2 years
To be honest it will start in 3 seasons from now.

Next year we have no idea on who will be making the team, regardless with the D they currently have there is little hope to see a significant improvement. We hope OJ can do that but it will take him 2 years in the NHL to learn the game unless he becomes something more that expected.

During the off season in 2020 the Nucks can go after a couple D vets, stay home type of guys, not reclamation projects.

And with the first overall pick in 2018 added to the team we are off to the races.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Cornuck wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:14 pm ha - I thought some of the OAPs might take issue with that! :D
____
Try to focus on someday.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Hey Doc, with Motte, he'll be 23 in a few days. So by the start of next season, if he's played 60 NHL games won't he lose his waiver exempt status? He's already at 64 gp.

So my understanding was he won't be waiver exempt next year, though I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong!

(We focus on the big picture, 1-2 years from now, amirite? :mex: )
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

ESQ wrote: Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:59 am Hey Doc, with Motte, he'll be 23 in a few days. So by the start of next season, if he's played 60 NHL games won't he lose his waiver exempt status? He's already at 64 gp.

So my understanding was he won't be waiver exempt next year, though I'm sure you'll correct me if I'm wrong!

(We focus on the big picture, 1-2 years from now, amirite? :mex: )

https://twitter.com/ryanbiech/status/968275771134373889

Just a note - Motte has 16 NHL games left in his waiver exemption.
I would expect the organization to be aware of this in the final games of the season to ensure he doesn’t need waivers to start next year
@ryanbiech
http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... you-chills

Just about everyone listed will require waivers (not Boeser, and Motte will but only after he plays 16 games).
- Botchford
They probably use the calculator at CapFriendly: https://www.capfriendly.com/waivers-cal ... yler-motte

80 games needed in Motte's case...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 pm
Diehard1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 pm I didn't see your post to respond, not because I didn't want to.
You asked (TWICE) for Benning apologists to answer your concerns... and I did just that.

If you plead for a response... don't you feel a certain duty to check for responses? :eh:

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 pm Most of your points here are like trying to nail jello to the wall. No matter what I say you'll try and twist your way out of it or change the context to what you want to see, so not much use responding to them point by point.
We get it, you just wanted to rant (due to sheer panic).

You're not interested in a debate, we get it.

Diehard1 wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 4:33 pm Let's just agree to disagree and we'll see where we are in a couple of years.
Fair enough.

I look forward to the day when you'll surely say "You were right Strangelove, I was panicking over nothing!!" :towel:
Panic? Whatever you say, not going to spend hours on here trying to convince you even if nothing could be further from the truth.

I would love nothing more than to admit I’m wrong and this team gets significantly better in the short and medium term. I want to see growth, not the last few years of regression (point totals aren’t debatable, team improvement is). This is entertainment for me, it matters but I have much larger priorities, so I don’t take it too seriously. Entertainment wise this season has been better than the last two, though that’s not saying much given the train wreck of Willie’s last years.

We will see what they come up with this summer to show us all some growth and improvement.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Diehard1 wrote: Tue Mar 06, 2018 9:34 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 5:42 pm (due to sheer panic)
Panic?
Sheer panic.

Just messing with ya Diehard...
____
Try to focus on someday.