Trades made - Trade Deadline Day 2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Trades made - Trade Deadline Day 2018

Post by TDA Rum »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:52 pm That’s just it. Elmer probably got offered picks earlier, thought he could do better and bluffed himself off the stage.... again. Seen this movie before. It’s not a big deal but picks give you so much more flexibility moving forward than 22-23 year old rejects that are in their 3rd organizations now.
When all else fails, make shit up

It is what you do best

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 97#p298397
I said he PROBABLY got offered picks. It’s funny company shill McIntyre said they could have gotten a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson and that was ignored but now he says no picks were offered for Vanek and it’s gospel. Very interesting

Either way he needs to perform a bit better on deadline days. Like I said it ain’t a big deal- garbage out and garbage in. He may have been better to just let Vanek walk and keep the contract slot open for a junior or college free agent. I think they were terrified of the fan backlash so they made any deal they could and now ball licker McIntyre is putting out fires for them
You need to learn how to read Blob, Imac said hypothetically a 2nd & a 4th, which Botchford then ran with it saying Benning turned down a 2nd & a 4th for Gudbranson... a 2nd & a 4th were never offered, just an Imac hypothetical... typical of Vancouver media creating fake news
Last edited by TDA Rum on Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

So for a UFA and a Dman who was never getting a sniff here, Jim got a cap dump and someone else's old 3rd and 4th round picks.

2 guys that cost us no assets for 2 potential assets (and a cap dump)... If Jim can flip Liepisc or Motte like he did Pedan (or they work out with us) this is an ok trade deadline. Got assets and didn't give up anything but money spent last summer.

I was hoping Edler or Erickson, but will Be ok with this, especially if he moves one of those two this summer. (Or draft day)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Diehard1
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Diehard1 »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 pm So for a UFA and a Dman who was never getting a sniff here, Jim got a cap dump and someone else's old 3rd and 4th round picks.

2 guys that cost us no assets for 2 potential assets (and a cap dump)... If Jim can flip Liepisc or Motte like he did Pedan (or they work out with us) this is an ok trade deadline. Got assets and didn't give up anything but money spent last summer.

I was hoping Edler or Erickson, but will Be ok with this, especially if he moves one of those two this summer. (Or draft day)
See this way to spin it I can understand, and makes more sense. I still like the Leipsic trade as I think he's got a chance to be on the team for somebody who seemed to be on his way out this summer, but the Vanek deal is still tough to take.

Agreed, if there's some extra movement at the draft given this, and I expect there has to be given the number of wingers on the roster, it could look better.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

TDA Rum wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:42 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:07 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:59 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:52 pm That’s just it. Elmer probably got offered picks earlier, thought he could do better and bluffed himself off the stage.... again. Seen this movie before. It’s not a big deal but picks give you so much more flexibility moving forward than 22-23 year old rejects that are in their 3rd organizations now.
When all else fails, make shit up

It is what you do best

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 97#p298397
I said he PROBABLY got offered picks. It’s funny company shill McIntyre said they could have gotten a 2nd and 4th for Gudbranson and that was ignored but now he says no picks were offered for Vanek and it’s gospel. Very interesting

Either way he needs to perform a bit better on deadline days. Like I said it ain’t a big deal- garbage out and garbage in. He may have been better to just let Vanek walk and keep the contract slot open for a junior or college free agent. I think they were terrified of the fan backlash so they made any deal they could and now ball licker McIntyre is putting out fires for them
You need to learn how to read Blob, Imac said hypothetically a 2nd & a 4th, which Botchford then ran with it saying Benning turned down a 2nd & a 4th for Gudbranson... a 2nd & a 4th were never offered, just an Imac hypothetical... typical of Vancouver creating fake news
Yeah thanks Rum Head. But Mouthfull McIntyre also said there’s no way that Real Gud should have been dealt for that paltry 2nd and a 4th. So what’s the truth? Who knows? But ultimately this was a rotten team coming into the deadline with not many tradeable assets. Nothing’s changed.

It’s going to be a long four or five more years considering the last five have been crap. I hope you have a few skids of rum to get through it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:45 pm So for a UFA and a Dman who was never getting a sniff here, Jim got a cap dump and someone else's old 3rd and 4th round picks.

lol he didn’t flip Pedan. He was a warm body yo make contracts slots fit. It was Pouliot for a 4th and Behn Wilson
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:28 pmOH MY GOD I WAS KIDDING.
yup realized that after reading the rest of it, I just seen the first paragraph and others reply to it, I replied.

Your jokes are too long young lady! paragraph after paragraph of jokes tsktsk.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

Sigh, everybody is an expert on deadline day. Trade for draft picks! it’s the open secret of the century.
Look at the Rangers and Redwings! They are smart and we are dumb.

Except we have been at the bottom end of the standings for 3 years and all the guys from the salad days of 2011 are long gone or on immovable contracts.

The guys we have to move are already somebody else’s old laundry. The guys we got who aren’t cannon fodder we can’t afford to give up.

In hindsight perhaps, for the genius onlookers, the time to do a blow up and rebuild was the day they were forced to trade Kesler for warm bodies.

But they couldn’t could they? Everyone was on NTC or NMC contracts given our like so much candy in that chase for a cup.

Perhaps this misguided rebuild on the fly was the only option and Lindenning has been busy working on making a silk purse out of a pigs ear?

Ah well, the bright side is we have the run out of games this season to get a look see on some of these Young guns that we have.

It’s back to the future and the drama on draft day. Will we get fucked again asks Al Bundy
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:03 pm Benning said all three additions will join the team in Vancouver. We traded one player, acquired 3. Who gets sent down to Utica? Goldobin?
That arguably pisses me off the most about this whole TDD experience. All three should have been booking flights to Utica already. They bring no hope to this squad - Megnas and Chaputs is all they are - and represent cap space wasted and obstacles to the progression of the new core upcoming. Lipstick and Clamato have not shown anybody that they’re any more worthy of suiting up for the Canucks than Goldobin or Virtanen. Joke-inen is the only one laughing as he collects an NHL paycheck.

Put these three rejects in Utica and let’s see some true opportunities given to the likes of Goldobin, Virtanen and Boucher.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
DHA
CC Veteran

Post by DHA »

HW - Victim...I R.I.P.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I’ll say it again. The worst thing, after 2011, for this franchise was getting 100+ points in Benning’s first year. It gave ownership a false sense of where this team was at. It gave management a false sense that we only need to tweak a few things, while trying to refill the cupboards, to stay competing.

We have been scrambling since then to try and figure out what we needed. None of this has been helped by three consecutive years of massive injuries to key players while not having the depth to compensate.

Benning managed to offload most contracts with trade protection whereas for some reason won’t ask others. There is still this struggle of trying to suck and blow at the same time.

I’m hope Blob is right that next year Edler maybe convinced to move on. He will be a rental for an acquiring team but could bring back a 2nd and prospect. Maybe Del Zotto next TDD too. I’m hoping Tanev gets us a good return over the summer, this or 2019. After that Gagne and Eriksson.

It is hard to argue that we have acquired little by way of picks over 3-4 years. But it’s also plain that we haven’t had much of anything to sell. Benning is no genius but he isn’t the worst out there.
The only HW the Canucks need
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Lancer wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:12 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:03 pm Benning said all three additions will join the team in Vancouver. We traded one player, acquired 3. Who gets sent down to Utica? Goldobin?
That arguably pisses me off the most about this whole TDD experience. All three should have been booking flights to Utica already. They bring no hope to this squad - Megnas and Chaputs is all they are - and represent cap space wasted and obstacles to the progression of the new core upcoming. Lipstick and Clamato have not shown anybody that they’re any more worthy of suiting up for the Canucks than Goldobin or Virtanen. Joke-inen is the only one laughing as he collects an NHL paycheck.

Put these three rejects in Utica and let’s see some true opportunities given to the likes of Goldobin, Virtanen and Boucher.

I think someone pointed out that even with these three joining us we have roster room. But if we have to send someone down the only one not requiring waivers is Goldobin. Dowd could be waived I guess.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:56 pm

lol he didn’t flip Pedan. He was a warm body yo make contracts slots fit. It was Pouliot for a 4th and Behn Wilson

I am not sure if this is some kind of inside joke or 'Blob says random shit' or something, but Pedan and a 4th was the trade for Pouliot. So, JB flipped Pedan (non roster player) for a roster player at a time when our defence was a bit gutted by injuries.
He upgraded a player.

Who the hell is Behn Wilson?!?
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:26 pm

I think someone pointed out that even with these three joining us we have roster room. But if we have to send someone down the only one not requiring waivers is Goldobin. Dowd could be waived I guess.
Motte and Jokinen do not need waivers... Jokinen just cleared waivers today... so both could be sent down if they want to bring others up for a look...
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

TDA Rum wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:38 pm
Hockey Widow wrote: Mon Feb 26, 2018 5:26 pm

Motte and Jokinen do not need waivers... Jokinen just cleared waivers today... so both could be sent down if they want to bring others up for a look...
Yes yes yes. I know. But Benning said all three are joining the Canucks so I was talking about other players we could send down.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

I believe in that case the only 3 i believe are Virtanen, Goldobin & Stecher