February/March/April OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: February OOTS

Post by Strangelove »

Bertuzzied!!

Should have been 2 but Clutterbuck's acting skills turned it into 5.

(I don't think Clusterfuck missed a shift)

Bert was responding to a cross-check that went uncalled...

But get this, the Fishsticks scored 4 goals on the ensuing power play to erase a 3 goal deficit!

Isles went on to win 7-6 in overtime.

Oh how the mighty have fallen, Red Wings are now Dead Things...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Rags, like our Canucks, had a bunch of AHLers in their lineup tonight.

But by all accounts the Flames were horrific (managed to lose to Rangers 4-3).

Nice to see the Flames flaming out, it'll be fun watching to see where that 1st they gave to the Isles ends up. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

well well well
Barzal with another 5 point performance

Beoser's chances of getting calder are getting destroyed by his inept teammates
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

CrzyCanuck wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:38 pm well well well
Barzal with another 5 point performance

Beoser's chances of getting calder are getting destroyed by his inept teammates the demographer.
fyp
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Was at the Bell Centre for Montreal/Nashville on Saturday night. Easily the best atmosphere I've experienced. Concourses are small and cramped, but they've stacked 20,000 people seemingly right on top of the ice. When Drouin tied it late in the third (what a shot on that kid) the place absolutely exploded. Edmonton might have the nicest rink, but it can't match the atmosphere.
Lancer
CC Legend

Post by Lancer »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:55 am Was at the Bell Centre for Montreal/Nashville on Saturday night. Easily the best atmosphere I've experienced. Concourses are small and cramped, but they've stacked 20,000 people seemingly right on top of the ice. When Drouin tied it late in the third (what a shot on that kid) the place absolutely exploded. Edmonton might have the nicest rink, but it can't match the atmosphere.
I was there for Montreal/Ottawa the other weekend, and utterly concur. The concourses are claustrophobic and the layout beyond the rink/seats is odd but you can't beat the atmosphere. Other Canadian teams could learn a thing or two.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Island Nucklehead wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 6:55 am Was at the Bell Centre for Montreal/Nashville on Saturday night. Easily the best atmosphere I've experienced. Concourses are small and cramped, but they've stacked 20,000 people seemingly right on top of the ice. When Drouin tied it late in the third (what a shot on that kid) the place absolutely exploded. Edmonton might have the nicest rink, but it can't match the atmosphere.
Drouin's 8th goal of the year now tied with Sergachev's 8 goals.

Jake Virtanens 7th goal of the year was a slick beauty.

Canucks are now tied with the Oilers in the standings
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Have you ever read Dyden's The Game? Great things about Habs fans and games in the old Forum.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Topper wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2018 12:50 pm
Have you ever read Dyden's The Game? Great things about Habs fans and games in the old Forum.
I have, certainly one of the better books on hockey. Not nearly as fun as Playing With Fire, but a far better an actual study of the game.
TDA Rum
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by TDA Rum »

Royal Dude should get a good kick out of this...

Glad i am a Canucks fan

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog/Matt-Hen ... /191/91013
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Benning has done more in 4 drafts for the Canucks ( one of those drafts wasn't a lottery pick) than what the Oikers has done in 11 years of lottery picking. Baaaaaahhhhrutal! What's even funnier is the new guy - Chiarelli has done an even shittier job than what Lowe, McTavish and Tambellini have done combined!

Again if not for winning the McDavid lottery, doing the opposite of what the Canucks did when they had 3rd best odds, they'd be disgustingly awful! Just imagine if they stayed put snd drafted - Strome? LMAO
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I would venture to say that has something to do with Edmonton being something of a "flash in the pan" when it comes to historical success compared to Montreal. It's hard to top the atmosphere in an original 6 rink, but I would say that Boston, Chicago, and Montreal, lead the pack.....and that's just from a viewers observations.

Edmonton basically put lipstick and mascara on a pig with McDavid and their new rink.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

So we are rooting for the Sens, Oilers, Habs to start getting some points, like the Pens of old, the vancity team needs to increase it's lotto luck!
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:32 pm the vancity team needs to increase it's lotto luck!
Doesn't matter. We won't pick top 3 unless we trade up after the order is set.

While I am not sure if the hockey gods hate us, I am sure that Bettman does.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Hey man every good Cup team has had draft lotto luck to build their championship teams, Pens the tank gods with Mario and Crosby, Blackhawks dynasty with Kane 1st oa, Toews 3rd oa, just LA only got a 2nd overall pick but they got their #1Dman in that slot, plus made some astute key draft choices with some calculated risk trades jumping at every good opportunity out there with some aggressiveness, why it's good JB keeps in constant contact with every GM out there, ya never know who might become available.

I can feel it in my canucks bones, some lotto luck to continue to the Swedish dman tradition in Canucks Town.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.