What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What to do with the Sedins?

Trade them and say goodbye
10%
Trade them and re-sign them
24%
Cut them loose
15%
Keep them, but off the roster
2%
1 year contract
49%
2 year contract
No votes
More than 2 year contract
No votes

Total votes: 41

micky107
CC Legend

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by micky107 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:30 pm

rats19 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:41 am
RoyalDude wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:28 am
Bring back the Sedins for one more year. Dump Vanek at deadline Re-sign Gudbranson, bring in Juolevi, Pettersen and Gaudette

Sedins Sedins Petterson
Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Gaunce Sutter Virtanen
Granlund Gaudette Goldobin

Ganger

Edler
Tanev
Gudbranson
Stecher
Juolevi
Hutton

Biega
Pouliot

Say bye to the Sedins after next season, trade pending UFA Edler at next seasons deadline. Get rid of Gagner. Bring in Lind, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Get Tryamkin back.

Draft lots of D-men in the next two drafts
It’s as simple as that hey dude, why can’t people figure this shit out???
This is why: The Sedins are pretty well rested right now, with all the long breaks and coach Green keeping their ice-time down.
Now you watch them pour the coals to it for the rest of the year and have everyone thinking, Holy Shit, these guys are still good.
Then: Upper management/Owners negotiate a new TWO year extension for five point five million EACH, call it a "home town discount" and:
There you are!!!!!
Don't say I didn't warn you. :bounce:
"evolution"

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:56 pm

micky107 wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:30 pm
This is why: The Sedins are pretty well rested right now, with all the long breaks and coach Green keeping their ice-time down.
Now you watch them pour the coals to it for the rest of the year and have everyone thinking, Holy Shit, these guys are still good.
Then: Upper management/Owners negotiate a new TWO year extension for five point five million EACH, call it a "home town discount" and:
There you are!!!!!
UMMMMMM... pretty obvious the Sedins are year-to-year now.

Neither side wants a "TWO year extension"...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:58 pm

Per wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 7:56 am
Strangelove wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 5:06 pm
19-year-old Forsberg played with approximately the same amount of "sandpaper" as 19-year-old Pettersson.
Sure. In the sense that 14 is approximately 92. :mex:

Forsberg in 92/93 had 48 points in 39 games and 92 PIM.
Pettersson so far this season has 42 points in 34 games and 14 PIM.

Forsberg was also criticised back then for being reckless and not showing respect on the ice, and he once said on camera that he wanted to beat up the ref. Not heard anything like that about Pettersson.
Ouch, okay, those PIMs were high.

I was just going by memory.

Back in the day, Flyers were my 2nd favorite team.

I distinctly remember them going "off the board" to draft Foppa 6th overall.

Pretty sure the rankings had him going in the second round due to his size.

And there was still concern about perceived "Euro-weeniness" in those days. (despite Ulfy) :wink:

I guess I assumed 19-year-old Forsberg was not much different than the perceived 18-year-old Forsberg.

My apologies...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm

micky107 wrote:
rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:
Bring back the Sedins for one more year. Dump Vanek at deadline Re-sign Gudbranson, bring in Juolevi, Pettersen and Gaudette

Sedins Sedins Petterson
Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Gaunce Sutter Virtanen

Ganger

Edler
Tanev
Gudbranson
Stecher
Juolevi
Hutton

Biega
Pouliot

Say bye to the Sedins after next season, trade pending UFA Edler at next seasons deadline. Get rid of Gagner. Bring in Lind, Dahlen, Gadjovich, Get Tryamkin back.

There you are!!!!!
It is amazing how many 50 + posters require helmets these days.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:16 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm
micky107 wrote:
There you are!!!!!
At the risk of being deemed an under 50 poster who requires a helmet, I see a possibilty of mick's scenario happening. I have no idea how rested they are or how they will preform down the stretch; however, I do think they will be paid more than the chump change 2 to 3M that i see posters frequently project/hope for. Despite a severe decline over the last few years, all you have to do is look at the company they still keep in the points stats to realize they arent getting red light special bargain basement contracts. I also wouldnt be surprised to see a two year deal even though it's been stated otherwise. I wonder if they're targetting age 40 as opposed to say reaching some statistical milestone. Do I agree with higher dollars and/or term if it happens? Not sure, but I dont think either would hurt the team at this point in the rebuild.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 pm

FFS Rocky, it's February and the twins still don't know if they want to come back for ONE more season, let alone two...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

micky107
CC Legend

Post by micky107 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:13 am

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:56 pm
micky107 wrote:
There you are!!!!!
UMMMMMM... pretty obvious the Sedins are year-to-year now.

Neither side wants a "TWO year extension"...
So other than listening to the sports media rhetoric, you have been talking to the principals.
Good to know we have someone so well connected.
"evolution"

micky107
CC Legend

Post by micky107 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:25 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 3:17 pm
micky107 wrote:
rats19 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:

Sedins Sedins Petterson
Baertschi Horvat Boeser
Gaunce Sutter Virtanen

Ganger

Edler
Tanev
Gudbranson
Stecher
Juolevi
Hutton

Biega
Pouliot

There you are!!!!!
I generally wore one when I played but your pathetic attempt at sarcasm tells me you should have been wearing one since, um, birth.
You seem at your best arguing with Doc, maybe you should stick to that...It's your happy place.
"evolution"

Rocky Dennis
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Rocky Dennis » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:20 am

Strangelove wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:20 pm
FFS Rocky, it's February and the twins still don't know if they want to come back for ONE more season, let alone two...
Dont get your knickers in a twist doc, this is the "what to do about the sedins thread", so tossing out ideas about them is the topic, no matter what month it is. I heard what they said and If they indeed have no clue what they are going to next year they better shit or get off the pot quick faat in a hurry so this team can properly proceed at the deadline and beyond. I think that saying they are undecided was just smoke myself, not quite sure the reasoning though.

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am

Whether the twins come back or not should have no bearing on what Ignitowski does at the deadline. This team is in the middle of a rebuild. It’s a no brainer to move Vanek and Gudbranson and recoup picks. Picks, first and foremost, not young projects that are a year away from waivers. Other than Bo or Brock every player on the roster should be available for the right place.

Two years and ten million. Get serious and get a thicker helmet Mickey Mouse. Just because there is cap space doesn’t mean it constantly needs to pissed away. If they have to come back sign them for 2-3 million one a one year deal. Henrik has two goals for Christ sakes and both of them are utterly atrocious defensively at this point in their careers. I hope the team moves on from the twins but I can stomach a one year deal for 2 - 3 million. If they do come back get rid of one of Gagner or Granlund and don’t bring back Vanek. This team needs some speed and tenacity up front.

micky107
CC Legend

Post by micky107 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 9:25 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:07 am
Whether the twins come back or not should have no bearing on what Ignitowski does at the deadline. This team is in the middle of a rebuild. It’s a no brainer to move Vanek and Gudbranson and recoup picks. Picks, first and foremost, not young projects that are a year away from waivers. Other than Bo or Brock every player on the roster should be available for the right place.

Two years and ten million. Get serious and get a thicker helmet Mickey Mouse. Just because there is cap space doesn’t mean it constantly needs to pissed away. If they have to come back sign them for 2-3 million one a one year deal. Henrik has two goals for Christ sakes and both of them are utterly atrocious defensively at this point in their careers. I hope the team moves on from the twins but I can stomach a one year deal for 2 - 3 million. If they do come back get rid of one of Gagner or Granlund and don’t bring back Vanek. This team needs some speed and tenacity up front.
You don't have to tell me that, you gotta make sure "The Family" and Trevor can come to terms with it.
Friendships, blind loyalties, that sort of crap.
Wouldn't be the first time our owners tried to hang on too long.
"evolution"

vic
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by vic » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Just because there is cap space doesn’t mean it constantly needs to pissed away.
It's not your money so it doesn't make a difference - pissing away cap space only hurts contending teams. If the Canucks were considered a year or two away from a cup then 5 mil each is pissing away cap space because that money can be better spent elsewhere.

If the team has a shot at landing Tavares, Kane, Carlson and perhaps a Doughty or Karlsson in 2019 and they give the Sedins 2-3 years at 5 mil each, then yes they are pissing away cap space. Right now it's just a matter of icing the best team possible and like it or not, the twins are still top 6 forwards on this team and will be next year barring a big UFA signing or blockbuster trade.

The Make Believes giving Marleau a 6.25 mil cap hit for 3 years is an example of pissing away cap space. That's a team that could contend, but they don't have enough space now to add a final piece because they are paying a 37 year with 26 points on a stacked offensive team 6.2 for this and next year.

Henrik has been on the scoresheet for 25% of the Canuck's goals this season and will probably put up similar numbers next year.
Marleau is sitting at 15%.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:39 am

^^^Best Post of this Thread^^^

Bravo!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:41 pm

vic wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:27 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Just because there is cap space doesn’t mean it constantly needs to pissed away.
It's not your money so it doesn't make a difference - pissing away cap space only hurts contending teams. If the Canucks were considered a year or two away from a cup then 5 mil each is pissing away cap space because that money can be better spent elsewhere.

If the team has a shot at landing Tavares, Kane, Carlson and perhaps a Doughty or Karlsson in 2019 and they give the Sedins 2-3 years at 5 mil each, then yes they are pissing away cap space. Right now it's just a matter of icing the best team possible and like it or not, the twins are still top 6 forwards on this team and will be next year barring a big UFA signing or blockbuster trade.

The Make Believes giving Marleau a 6.25 mil cap hit for 3 years is an example of pissing away cap space. That's a team that could contend, but they don't have enough space now to add a final piece because they are paying a 37 year with 26 points on a stacked offensive team 6.2 for this and next year.

Henrik has been on the scoresheet for 25% of the Canuck's goals this season and will probably put up similar numbers next year.
Marleau is sitting at 15%.
No it isn’t my money but maybe the owners are tired of spending to the cap and having a garbage fire of a team when they could have the same garbage fire and put 10 million into their pockets. If the twins are signed to two year 10 million dollar contracts, that could really fuck up the cap in the summer of 2019 especially if the 17 minute man on defence is re-upped for four or five years at 4 or 5 million a year as many people on this board seem to desire. Brock will be needing a new deal pretty quickly too and so will an Edler replacement etc. Just because there is cap space now doesnt mean that can’t change rapidly.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:54 pm

C'mon Bubbles, there's no redeeming yourself from the beatdown Vic handed you. Just shake his hand.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate