What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

What to do with the Sedins?

Trade them and say goodbye
4
10%
Trade them and re-sign them
10
24%
Cut them loose
6
15%
Keep them, but off the roster
1
2%
1 year contract
20
49%
2 year contract
0
No votes
More than 2 year contract
0
No votes
 
Total votes: 41

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 9382
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by SKYO » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 pm

I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11719
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by RoyalDude » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:41 pm

SKYO wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 pm
I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
We are not getting Dahlin. We are getting Bouchard. It would be nice to get Dahlin but Bouchard is a nice consolation prize. We will be drafting between 5th and 8th

Bouchard wlll go 5th or 6th, maybe 4th
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by ukcanuck » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:22 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:07 pm
Yeah I doubt Benning has anything up his sleeve. Unless his sleeve is up his ass trying to yank his head out.
Yes I’m quite sure the entire corner knows your views on Benning.

Broken record much?

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by ukcanuck » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 pm

RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:41 pm
SKYO wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 pm
I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
We are not getting Dahlin. We are getting Bouchard. It would be nice to get Dahlin but Bouchard is a nice consolation prize. We will be drafting between 5th and 8th

Bouchard wlll go 5th or 6th, maybe 4th

Yeah figure the hockey’s gods are that mad at us that we will never draft first overall?

Perhaps we start with animal sacrifices and work out way up to human sacrifice... I nominate blob

We could repost his stuff from the last 4 years and no will even notice he is gone ;)

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3884
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Reefer2 » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:41 pm
SKYO wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 pm
I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
We are not getting Dahlin. We are getting Bouchard. It would be nice to get Dahlin but Bouchard is a nice consolation prize. We will be drafting between 5th and 8th

Bouchard wlll go 5th or 6th, maybe 4th

Yeah figure the hockey’s gods are that mad at us that we will never draft first overall?

Perhaps we start with animal sacrifices and work out way up to human sacrifice... I nominate blob

We could repost his stuff from the last 4 years and no will even notice he is gone ;)
Interesting, sounds like another poster or 3, how come you only concentrate on 1?

User avatar
Meds
CC Legend
Posts: 5920
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 8:50 pm

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Meds » Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 pm

ukcanuck wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:46 pm
Meds wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:11 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:35 pm
Why do they need to wait until the summer? What will change in the next 3-4 months?

Just resign for 1 year now at what ever value contract they sign for. Then JB knows what he has to work for in the off season.

Plus I think it is 90% sure they coming back unless there is something not smelling right at head office that we are not aware of.
I think they will want to see what Jim does in the summer and what trades are made at the deadline.

It's kind of stupid really. If they want to come back and play next season they should tell Jim because he will build the roster accordingly. I don't mean he will cater to them, that time is done. But I do think that he will be making moves with an eye on having the 3rd line center and left-wing positions filled by the Sedins. That means that his 2nd and 4th lines need to be defensively sound, and his 4th line especially needs to have the chops to play defensive minutes against the opponent's top-6 group.

So by not saying anything they have put themselves on the sideline and Elmer has to conduct business as if they are not coming back and move forward without them. Then they can decide if they see themselves as a fit. But if they sit tight and say sweet nothing, Benning sure as shit better not factor them into anything.

I think that it’s a huge decision for them. They have pretty much gold plated careers to consider how to wind up.

Do they come back and embarrass themselves or do they hang em up with dignity ?

If they can still contribute how do 20 year warriors walk away from all they have known?

I think they have earned the right to be in the drivers seat on this one.

As far as Benning is concerned it’s not hard to imagine the genius has plan A, B, C and D up his sleeve.
Yeah, I wasn't insinuating that they don't deserve to make the decision. I'm just saying that if they want to come back, waiting to tell Benning may not be the smartest move as he will be less than a genius if he doesn't proceed, at the trade deadline, under the assumption that they are done and gone.

It just doesn't seem in their best interests to wait, nor the team's.

User avatar
ukcanuck
CC Legend
Posts: 3483
Joined: Sat Jul 30, 2011 3:04 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by ukcanuck » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:37 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:40 pm
ukcanuck wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 11:25 pm
RoyalDude wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:41 pm
SKYO wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:35 pm
I think they are going to wait to see if we get Dahlin or not. :D
We are not getting Dahlin. We are getting Bouchard. It would be nice to get Dahlin but Bouchard is a nice consolation prize. We will be drafting between 5th and 8th

Bouchard wlll go 5th or 6th, maybe 4th

Yeah figure the hockey’s gods are that mad at us that we will never draft first overall?

Perhaps we start with animal sacrifices and work out way up to human sacrifice... I nominate blob

We could repost his stuff from the last 4 years and no will even notice he is gone ;)
Interesting, sounds like another poster or 3, how come you only concentrate on 1?

Cause I like blob’s sense of humor and it’s fun?

User avatar
5thhorseman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1050
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 12:04 pm

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by 5thhorseman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 am

duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11719
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by RoyalDude » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:54 am

Reef hasn't been in a good place for awhile
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3884
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Reefer2 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 am

5thhorseman wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 am
duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the #metoo movement is hot on your trail.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4679
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by micky107 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:25 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 am
5thhorseman wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 am
duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the #metoo movement is hot on your trail.
OMG ! You didn't capitalize it. :shock:

Have you got any idea what you are in for now? Run for your life!!!!!
"evolution"

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 17368
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Strangelove » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:53 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 am
5thhorseman wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 am
duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the #metoo movement is hot on your trail.
Who hurt you?


Back on topic, Sedins always say the first consideration is "family".

Maybe this decision rests in the hands of the wives. 8-)
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9800
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Topper » Tue Feb 06, 2018 10:32 am

Reefer2 wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 8:04 am
5thhorseman wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:15 am
duh oh, watch out, Reef's head is going to explode :shock:
lol - not even close.

you on the other hand, i dont know but the rumours on the street says the poundmetoo movement is hot on your trail.
fixed
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2737
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by Madcombinepilot » Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm

Could be the Sedins have already made up thier minds, Benning knows it, and he is keeping it quiet. Could be a angle on how some GM's talk to him, or even a method to try and influence trade value in some fashion... could be the twins want to play the rest of the year and see if either gets injured before deciding. Could be they want to seee the FA market and speak with Jimbo about possible signings..

Could be a lot of things. Jus sayn.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 4679
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: What to do about the Sedins? (Poll)

Post by micky107 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:49 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2018 4:52 pm
Could be the Sedins have already made up thier minds, Benning knows it, and he is keeping it quiet. Could be a angle on how some GM's talk to him, or even a method to try and influence trade value in some fashion... could be the twins want to play the rest of the year and see if either gets injured before deciding. Could be they want to seee the FA market and speak with Jimbo about possible signings..

Could be a lot of things. Jus sayn.
+1 The most logical post on this thread yet !
If you think about it, kind of like it should be.
The Vancouver mad, crazy hockey world think they need, even should, be told everything but that is not always good business.
"evolution"

Post Reply