October / November OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Dec 06, 2017 7:57 pm

Wasn’t much of a spear but he shouldn’t be fucking around from the bench.
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8219
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by rats19 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:00 pm

C#%t
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Strangelove » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:06 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wasn’t much of a spear but he shouldn’t be fucking around from the bench.
Twas to the nards! :wow:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 8219
Joined: Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:21 am
Location: over here.....

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by rats19 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:11 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wasn’t much of a spear but he shouldn’t be fucking around from the bench.
Twas to the nards! :wow:
Beyond asshole... no?
You are who you hang with.....

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Strangelove » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:21 pm

rats19 wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wasn’t much of a spear but he shouldn’t be fucking around from the bench.
Twas to the nards! :wow:
Beyond asshole... no?
Yeah, cheepass chickenshit move.

"cheep" was intentional btw :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Strangelove » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:36 pm

Leaves get the win in a shootout and these teams did not kill each other. :(

Oh well another suspension for Tkapuke incoming hopefully. :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Topper » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:21 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wasn’t much of a spear but he shouldn’t be fucking around from the bench.
Twas to the nards! :wow:
No, the receiver was a leaf.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Strangelove » Wed Dec 06, 2017 10:36 pm

Topper wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Twas to the nards! :wow:
No, the receiver was a leaf.
Yes but Tkakook is too dumb to know that.

The intent was there. :santa:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 9582
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Topper » Thu Dec 07, 2017 6:15 am

Walt's mongoloid grandson has a hearing with the league today.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.

User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
Posts: 11334
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by RoyalDude » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:33 am

Matthew Tkachuk - 4 goals 13 assists - Stalwart
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

User avatar
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP
Posts: 2861
Joined: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:36 pm

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Aaronp18 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:28 am

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Wasn’t much of a spear but he shouldn’t be fucking around from the bench.
:lol:

What is a good spear? If he skewers the guy?

That's gotta be at least 10 for getting involved from the bench!

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1656
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by ESQ » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:30 am

Strangelove wrote:ESQ, I've been speculating on the possibility for quite some time
Ah ok, so if the Panthers buy him out, they pay a way smaller salary in real dollars (583k), and get almost 5x the cap hit to bring them closer to the floor (2.5 mil next year, rising to 4.3 mil then 4.9 mil for last 2 years of contract).

However, his salary is so low over the next 4 years ($7 mil owing), if they don't but him out they still get $5.3 mil x 4 years cap hit for $7 mil. Buying him out, they give him $4.64 mil over 8 years, for a total cap hit of of $19 mil-ish over 8 years.

So the cash savings are roughly equal to the loss of cap hit (roughly $2.4 mil).

But all those numbers from the buyout calculator don't take into account the additional cap recapture penalty. That costs zero extra cash, and adds $350k to Florida's cap for 4 years and 525k to the Canucks cap for 4 years...

BUT! Luongo was 31 when the new contract kicked in, so if he does retire this year, we're still saving on the $800k of retained salary!

According to Mirtle's chart, this would be the last year where a Luongo retirement results in cap savings over the retained salary.

So so-long, Lu, you brave warrior! Heckuva career by a heckuva guy!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:06 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Matthew Tkachuk - 4 goals 13 assists - Stalwart
Lol a 50 point pace is a bad thing for a 2nd year player. Gesus Christ
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:36 pm

Strangelove wrote: Oh well another suspension for Tkapuke incoming hopefully. :santa:
... and yup he gets another one-game suspension. :santa:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flam ... -spearing/

Dumbest. Punk. Ever.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16976
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: October / November OOTS

Post by Strangelove » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:15 pm

ESQ wrote:
Strangelove wrote:ESQ, I've been speculating on the possibility for quite some time
Ah ok, so if the Panthers buy him out, they pay a way smaller salary in real dollars (583k), and get almost 5x the cap hit to bring them closer to the floor (2.5 mil next year, rising to 4.3 mil then 4.9 mil for last 2 years of contract).

However, his salary is so low over the next 4 years ($7 mil owing), if they don't but him out they still get $5.3 mil x 4 years cap hit for $7 mil. Buying him out, they give him $4.64 mil over 8 years, for a total cap hit of of $19 mil-ish over 8 years.

So the cash savings are roughly equal to the loss of cap hit (roughly $2.4 mil).

But all those numbers from the buyout calculator don't take into account the additional cap recapture penalty. That costs zero extra cash, and adds $350k to Florida's cap for 4 years and 525k to the Canucks cap for 4 years...

BUT! Luongo was 31 when the new contract kicked in, so if he does retire this year, we're still saving on the $800k of retained salary!

According to Mirtle's chart, this would be the last year where a Luongo retirement results in cap savings over the retained salary.

So so-long, Lu, you brave warrior! Heckuva career by a heckuva guy!
Hey ESQ, I only referred to my old buyout theory because Aaron alluded to our conversation bout dat dere.

Aaron once figured Lou could just (shadily) be placed on permanent LTIR.

I pointed out that would be unlikely/difficult... because it has to be a legit injury.

Then I came up with my WHAT IF speculative buyout theory.

It would only work IF Lou's game fell off a cliff in his old age

... and/or was in-and-out of the lineup with nagging injuries (but not perma-LTIR worthy).

The idea was it would give the Cats a lot of cap-space for low $$ and get a decrepit Lou off the team.

A side effect might be a Canuck-friendly theoretical cancellation of the cap-recap penalty.

(CBOs canceled recap, perhaps a regular buyout would as well - I've searched, no one knows)

Aaron and I had this conversation just before Lou's groin + hip injuries arrived.

So perhaps he is headed toward legit perma-LTIR. :santa:

(sorry Lou)

Not looking to go further down the buyout-Lou road, but I must point out a few errors in your post.

All those cap/real-money numbers you gave must be reduced by 15% - Canucks retained that.

(this includes all your buyout numbers)

You have the Cats present Lou-cap-hit at $5.3M - that should be $4.5M.

Also, you divided Myrtle's recap #s by the # of years - you should have multiplied it.

(eg the 2018 number is ~$1.45M each year for 4 years = ~$5.8 total)

But anyway, the perma-LTIR option is looking more and more likely as time marches on...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Post Reply