October / November OOTS

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

2Fingers
MVP
MVP

October / November OOTS

Post by 2Fingers »

McJessus with 3 goals.

CalgaryPuke exploding.

TO already planning the parade route.

St. Louis was up but won in OT.

Just another week in the NHL.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Re: October GDT

Post by Hockey Widow »

Is this the new OOTS?

Not much excitement tonight. I was looking forward to the start of the season but now that it's here I'm sort of meh.

Gonna have to tape Saturday's game :mrgreen:
The only HW the Canucks need
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Sorry HW, forgot what we called it.

I agree I am not so big on this season and to be honest on the Canucks and NHL in general. Games are boring, Canucks are boring and other than Horvat there is no one on the team that is considered a star. Sedona don’t count as they will retire in a season or 2.

Also watching out the Nucks were screwed for the draft picks pisses me off.

I will watch the games but I can say I will be multi tasking while watching.
Jovocop
CC Legend

Post by Jovocop »

Reefer2 wrote:Sorry HW, forgot what we called it.

I agree I am not so big on this season and to be honest on the Canucks and NHL in general. Games are boring, Canucks are boring and other than Horvat there is no one on the team that is considered a star. Sedona don’t count as they will retire in a season or 2.

Also watching out the Nucks were screwed for the draft picks pisses me off.

I will watch the games but I can say I will be multi tasking while watching.
Yup, two years in a row. :mad:
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: October OOTS

Post by Mickey107 »

I'll always watch the Nucks nomatter what. Maybe a couple of other teams, but not any other Canadian teams.
At least not when MLB playoffs are on. :oops:
"evolution"
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Random thoughts from opening night the Oil will be a handful this year I don't know if they get to the final but good lord size n skill is such a beautiful thing to watch... It really is amazing how the Oilers reinvented themselves from a size standpoint and still maintained speed an skill... Having 97 fall into your lap Helps Everything...

The only thing in Toronto's way in the east if they stay healthy is Pittsburgh... No offense to Columbus,Tampa,Buffalo,Habs,Sens,Florida,Rangers,Devils,Islanders,Bruins,Caps,Canes but the east isn't exactly murderers row leaves have flaws but that is such a bad conference that they have more talent than anybody else minus the Pens...

Neither team deserved to be setup with Generational Players but here they are and both could end the Stanley Cup Drought very soon...
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

olpaddy wrote:Random thoughts from opening night the Oil will be a handful this year I don't know if they get to the final but good lord size n skill is such a beautiful thing to watch... It really is amazing how the Oilers reinvented themselves from a size standpoint and still maintained speed an skill... Having 97 fall into your lap Helps Everything...

The only thing in Toronto's way in the east if they stay healthy is Pittsburgh... No offense to Columbus,Tampa,Buffalo,Habs,Sens,Florida,Rangers,Devils,Islanders,Bruins,Caps,Canes but the east isn't exactly murderers row leaves have flaws but that is such a bad conference that they have more talent than anybody else minus the Pens...

Neither team deserved to be setup with Generational Players but here they are and both could end the Stanley Cup Drought very soon...
Yeah, but, ouch... :cry:
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

olpaddy wrote:Random thoughts from opening night the Oil will be a handful this year I don't know if they get to the final but good lord size n skill is such a beautiful thing to watch... It really is amazing how the Oilers reinvented themselves from a size standpoint and still maintained speed an skill... Having 97 fall into your lap Helps Everything...

Size AND speed ? What the hell are those two things ?
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
olpaddy
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by olpaddy »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:

Size AND speed ? What the hell are those two things ?
U know whats sad Blob the genius came from Boston and not only has he made us smaller and easier to play against he has made us slower...

Its 2017 and I watched the leaves and Oilers both look good and Saturday night we will start Henrik who has received a maintenance day already I shit u not, Daniel and Vanek... if it was 2010 I would be excited...
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

What. The Heck. Is going on with with Pitt vs Chi?
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

ESQ wrote:What. The Heck. Is going on with with Pitt vs Chi?
Quite the Fluery
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Topper wrote:
Quite the Fluery

Tops sometimes you crack me up. This is one of those times!
The only HW the Canucks need
Zedlee
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Zedlee »

Well it's still early, but....could it be the dreaded Stanley Cup hangover? 2 deep runs to Cups for the Pens and a short summer to train maybe taking a toll.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

Zedlee wrote:
Well it's still early, but....could it be the dreaded Stanley Cup hangover? 2 deep runs to Cups for the Pens and a short summer to train maybe taking a toll.
They're really missing Bonino.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Lundqvist rocking a .722 save% vs the leaves thus far.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.